View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 354 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454854 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 16972

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I believe in both the comics and movies Weapon X was supposed to be an American black-ops organization operating on Canadian soil, but I specifically remember Wolverine saying "I'm Canadian" in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    My geography isn't so good, were they in Canada in the first film? When he was with Rogue at the fighting pits? Or was that Alaska???
    Not so much that Logan isn't Canadian(Unless they are going to pull some sort of a fast one).

I was thinking that Weapon X not being Canadian might throw Logan having interacted with those Canadian teams(assuming they actually exist in Fox's "Universe") into question. As far as I can recall, those teams or the department have never been mentioned.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

There were some preview pics in the latest X-Position and it looks like Anole won't be staying in his older form.

EXTRAXM2015009004-col-f7bc3.jpg

EXTRAXM2015009019-col-b1463.jpg

There were some preview pics in the latest X-Position and it looks like Anole won't be staying in his older form.
    I'm not surprised. After reading the first part of the story, I was already getting a non-permanent vibe.
    I'm pretty sure the future Apocalypse is going to be Colossus. So I'm guessing there's going to be a reset button introduced at the end of the arc.

Really enjoying the iPhone game Avengers Academy BUT... they keep bragging about "romance is coming"; and I just have this horrible feeling Loki will only be able to "romance" women.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I was thinking that Weapon X not being Canadian might throw Logan having interacted with those Canadian teams(assuming they actually exist in Fox's "Universe") into question. As far as I can recall, those teams or the department have never been mentioned.
    Wolverine is Canadian, as is Alpha Flight. It would be just as believable (and have more comic back-ground to flesh it out) than "I know a guy" (does Logan have ANY history with Quicksilver???). Plus it could have been a gateway to an Alpha Flight spin-off.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Really enjoying the iPhone game Avengers Academy BUT... they keep bragging about "romance is coming"; and I just have this horrible feeling Loki will only be able to "romance" women.
    Didn't played the game, but I heard is really like that. What it's kinda obvious since the game is totally for kids :/

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Didn't played the game, but I heard is really like that. What it's kinda obvious since the game is totally for kids :/
    Gay kids would appreviate same sex couplings. I can't wait for the time when we see an LGBT couple as something suitable for kids. Also BOO!!!! But thanks for giving me a heads up. I'll just refuse to do any romances.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Gay kids would appreviate same sex couplings. I can't wait for the time when we see an LGBT couple as something suitable for kids. Also BOO!!!! But thanks for giving me a heads up. I'll just refuse to do any romances.
    Heck, there are plenty of straight kids who would.

Who you'd really be fighting is a very loud minority of Mothers Who Claim Bigger Numbers. (See: Sailor Moon localizations, Good Luck Charie episodes, etc.)
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    So, in Extraordinary X-Men #8, a couple of young X-Men (Glob, Anole, etc) were sent to the future. The X-Men go to rescue them but misjudged the date and the end result is that they were trapped there for a few years and are now a little older.

Long story short, Anole is now roughly the same age as adult Iceman. Given the past interaction, think this is a set up to get those two together? Like, maybe they thought the age gap was inappropriate, but by aging Anole via time travel, that is no longer a problem.
    Yeah, seems likely. My main issue lies in how inorganic it feels to rush the only two gay team members together (who have a former teacher/student relationship, to boot), with or without the "scandalous" biological age gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan615 View Post
    Anole and Teen Iceman would be cute. But I think aging Anole just so he can be with adult Iceman is contrived and unfair to both characters. Let's have Adult Iceman develop his queer identity first before throwing him with the only other gay guy within a few miles.

EDIT: on second thought, the more I think of these 2 together, the more okay I am with them together. Anole is a good character. I just want Bobby to get some development with his sexual identity before he ends up in a relationship. It's not that easy after you come out. Dennis Hopeless has been doing a superlative job with you young Bobby in All-New X-Men, and I hope to see similar developments happen with Adult Bobby before he gets an eventual boyfriend.
    It's the main joy I draw out of All-New X-Men - and adult Bobby's apparent off-panel standstill yet another reason why a 2*8 months time skip in mainstream Big Two comics is beyond idiotic.

Johnny could be bi. I think it fits a bit his character. Totally gay? Not really...
    As I keep saying...

That's actually the exact type of guy I imagine it's most likely to be bisexual. Actually both Gambit and Johnny. Maybe there's something wrong with that.
    ...largely for this reason.

The bierasure criticism I always found suspect; because the ones making the largest stink on-line about Bendis "bierasing" Iceman never seem to care one hoot in threads/on sites discussing Axel LITERALLY BI ERASING Herc. And the poll about Jean Grey: Ally or Enemy was illuminating on where the vast majority of "Enemy" voters came from. I always love making polls public, you learn so much/see the truth in the data.
    Wholeheartedly agree.

EXTRAXM2015009004-col-f7bc3.jpg

EXTRAXM2015009019-col-b1463.jpg
    Clearly, the first image is a backflash to the kids' first encounter with the new Horsemen, probably very shortly after their arrival.

Whereas the second image is a direct continuation of last issue's cliffhanger, and I don't see any teens in that image.

And, no, I don't think they'll be deaged back (anywhen soon). They aren't future versions visiting or being visited but present day versions that spent years in the future before their return ride arrived.
    Last edited by twincast; 03-30-2016 at 08:35 AM.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Super Brat

First post on the CBR forum. I've always been on the Marvel Masterworks boards; recently a topic was posted on what the worst change to a Legacy character has been. Many folks indicated that gay Iceman was the worst. This lead me to repost a topic I had created years ago about LGBT characters. I was surprised at some of the homophobia and how quickly the topic was locked as disagreements began. Hoping for better environment on these boards.

Welcome Super Brat, Hope you Survive the Experience.

CBR just requires cool heads for discussion. Problem being -- everyone respective sensitivity levels vary from poster to poster.
    Do you best - don't offend - and keep it clean. I've been censored a time or two and even prohibited from posting for engaging in debates.
    Best of luck!

Favorite Character?

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Welcome, Super Brat! You'll be fine in this topic. CBR is better than some places, but not 100% great all the time.

Shame about what happened on that other board.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Super Brat View Post
    First post on the CBR forum. I've always been on the Marvel Masterworks boards; recently a topic was posted on what the worst change to a Legacy character has been. Many folks indicated that gay Iceman was the worst. This lead me to repost a topic I had created years ago about LGBT characters. I was surprised at some of the homophobia and how quickly the topic was locked as disagreements began. Hoping for better environment on these boards.
    Welcome friend! This thread as well as the LGBT general thread are pretty great, certain boards such as the X-Books one have some callous posts at times but I usually just stick to the LGBT threads. I'm sorry for your experience and it's a shame that people think homosexuality "ruins" anything; people with such a mindset are never worth listening to (and if we did listen to people like that, we'd never make any progress would we? ) And it's funny because I've seen many people claim the opposite; Bobby finally is getting some development lol
    Last edited by Wiccan615; 03-30-2016 at 02:06 PM.

First post on the CBR forum. I've always been on the Marvel Masterworks boards;
    Welcome to CBR, and the thread. You voted for Northstar, is he your favourite LGBT character at all Marvel or merely in the poll? Do you have a favourite arc of his?

ENJOY

recently a topic was posted on what the worst change to a Legacy character has been. Many folks indicated that gay Iceman was the worst. This lead me to repost a topic I had created years ago about LGBT characters. I was surprised at some of the homophobia and how quickly the topic was locked as disagreements began.
    The internet is amazing, for reaching out and communicating with like minded people; sadly the anonymity also lets fuel a lot of hate, unchecked. The reaction to Iceman is sad, BUT... I'd say ultimately it's been more positive and rejoicing than the few frequent haterz. And, so what? Iceman's gay, and that will never ever change. We win!

Hoping for better environment on these boards.
    Well this thread is a "safe zone". It's an appreciation thread, and the mods will (and have) banned posters who come into this thread looking for trouble. Anyone not appreciating LGBT characters in an LGBT appreciation thread gets booted very quick. So you need not worry, here is safe. Post away, good sir.

Wow at that picture of Northstar. My mind is boggling

Attencion fans of sexy dudes ~

Check out the hot new Inhuman, Ulysses, slated to be THE center of controversy spurring the upcoming Civil War.

Is he gay? Well....he probably won't be. Then again, he might be.
    But who cares? Marquez made this guy look hella cute. Admire the alluring aesthetic, friends.