View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 397 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497897 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Raz! I feel like he has so much potential to become a major player, but Marvel doesn't want to do anything with him. Just like the majority of LGBT characters. Karma and Rictor (who are both gay and ethnic)? Nah, let's use younger versions of the same straight, white first class.
    I just like that he's a relatively down-to-earth guy who is also super-smart in a realistic way; was at a crappy IT job prior to becoming a superhero. plus there was zero drama surrounding his orientation; entirely realistic for someone living in San Francisco. he has yet to have any interaction with Machinesmith (the books other LGBT character), yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I'd only like that if Christian got superpowers somehow. I have zero interest in comic book superheroes dating normal civilians.
    he'd kind of need some kind of power to have survive what looked like a suicide, right? maybe he's entirely a psi being now; like an uncommon variation on a telepath. Gamesmaster used to exist mostly in psi form, too. I'd just have Christian be retrieved from the astral plane or something; in desperate need of a martini.

This topic concerns details of cloning, nature vs. nurture, and the topic of why is one gay?.

Because in Orphan Black, there are different clones of the same DNA; some clones are gay, one is trans, etc. So. I don't know.
    isn't one of Jamie Madrox's dupes also gay? the primary version has always been portrayed as heteronormative. but, apparently, there was some open-mindedness in his dna.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, but Jean is portrayed as this perfect extremely attractive girl that everyone wants. It's actually canon that all the O5 and Xavier wanted to bang her except for Bobby because he's gay...
    it's like the X-world's worst kept secret. I remember, prior to being aware of myself as a sexual being, noticing something different about Bobby. despite his general attitude and penchant for flirtation, there was always an undercurrent of sadness to him. it was like he was playing a role and beginning to hate it. even his half-hearted jealousy over Alex and Lorna seemed phony.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 05-27-2016 at 02:45 PM.

This topic concerns details of cloning, nature vs. nurture, and the topic of why is one gay?.

Because in Orphan Black, there are different clones of the same DNA; some clones are gay, one is trans, etc. So. I don't know.
    That's a great example. And I actually never saw anyone saying they should all be the same or have the same sexuality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, but Jean is portrayed as this perfect extremely attractive girl that everyone wants. It's actually canon that all the O5 and Xavier wanted to bang her except for Bobby because he's gay...
    i think it would've been nice to see ice man hook up with jean for a little while. maybe he would've needed something .

BANNED

you think Amora could have some fun with women ?

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    you think Amora could have some fun with women ?
    Lady Loki?

Heh remember when people said they were worried this thread would slip off the radar soon? Seems to add a few pages every day now!

I miss lady Loki. I suppose it's tricky to bring her back because do we really want marvel's first prominent trans character to be seen as wicked and deceitful?

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Heh remember when people said they were worried this thread would slip off the radar soon? Seems to add a few pages every day now!

I miss lady Loki. I suppose it's tricky to bring her back because do we really want marvel's first prominent trans character to be seen as wicked and deceitful?
    Lol, that was me! Before the whole Capboyfriendhashtag fiasco this thread was always sinking out of sight 'cause nothing was happening with LGBT characters, still not much actually going on right now with them by the way. But yeah thanks to an excess of trolling this thread exploded in the last few days.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he'd kind of need some kind of power to have survive what looked like a suicide, right? maybe he's entirely a psi being now; like an uncommon variation on a telepath. Gamesmaster used to exist mostly in psi form, too. I'd just have Christian be retrieved from the astral plane or something; in desperate need of a martini.
    I would like if Emma being missing from the X-Books was explained with her having sensed her brother psi-ghost and was all this time in the astral plane retrieving him. And if needs to give him a body arises they cold simply do it the Karnak way.
    Everything Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    I would like if Emma being missing from the X-Books was explained with her having sensed her brother psi-ghost and was all this time in the astral plane retrieving him. And if needs to give him a body arises they cold simply do it the Karnak way.
    I didn't read it. how did Karnak survive?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I didn't read it. how did Karnak survive?
    The snarky yet100% accurate explanation is that he punched free of the afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    The snarky yet100% accurate explanation is that he punched free of the afterlife.
    Like Superboy-Prime ?.

I wonder if those punches also resurrected someone.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Like Superboy-Prime ?.

I wonder if those punches also resurrected someone.
    No. He didn't break reality or something. He just crane-kicked the doors of inhuman purgatory and was reborn by exploding outta the guts of Lineage, an inhuman villain who could force knowledge out of the dead. It was very awesome and we need more Marvel characters reviving that way instead of just "i was dead, but i got better! hahahah!" like Dr. Sampson.
    P.S. Yes, it also ressurected a body swithing villain.
    Last edited by Lucena Soares; 05-27-2016 at 10:12 PM.
    Everything Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by TheObsessor View Post
    Where has it been mentioned that Logan is (possibly) bi? Not doubting it, just can't remember any instances; I know about Daken, but everything with Logan I thought was just me projecting OTPs. ^^;;
    Chris Claremont (to my memory) wanted him to be/wrote him as if he was, and got some hints in occasionally. The scene with Hercules was dripping in innuendo.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."