View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 42 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652921425421042 ... LastLast
    Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Interesting debut of a super powered gay character in this issue of Spurrier's X-Force. He's "the rookie" assigned to a top secret British Special Forces on a mysterious mission, and out of his depth. I don't want to spoil, but here's a moment.

image.jpg

Sadly, Spurrier being Spurrier, the path of true love doesn't work out.
    This is an amazing series which gets better and better.
    "Self has no time for this."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Interesting debut of a super powered gay character in this issue of Spurrier's X-Force. He's "the rookie" assigned to a top secret British Special Forces on a mysterious mission, and out of his depth. I don't want to spoil, but here's a moment.

image.jpg

Did love how that turned out though. PURE British dark humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I believe it was said that Kyle was Northstar's ski trainer or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    He's Northstar's agent, basically. His manager.
    Well now I don't know who to believe Maybe Kyle could teach PE? Or coach the baseball team? Or just do PR, like Cyclops had Ms. Kildare (*cough*SINISTER*cough*) do on Utopia.

image.jpg
    Ohhhh, very interesting. To add him to the OP list, Thomas, soldier of _______ in Spurrier's X-force? How did it not work out? (use spoiler tags if you want)

Remind me how to do the spoiler tag thing, and I will.

Remind me how to do the spoiler tag thing, and I will.
    [spoil] stuff stuff stuff [/spoil --- but just end it in /spoil]

Typical Spurrier episode, where nothing was as it seemed. Have a look at the preview pages to see the introduction to both characters.
    spoilers:
    X-Force stage a series of ambush attacks on the commandoes to find out their capabilities. In the end the grunty commander flips, and orders them to power up, which they all do. Thomas the rookie doesn't seem to know what's going on, but when he's very stressed his eyes start to glow. He's obviously powered to but we and he don't know how yet.

Background info is that Hope whilst in a coma has hijacked a brain dead mutant's digital powers, and can interact with the world via Dr Nemesis technology.

MI13 arrive to check out unauthorised military British supers and shoot down "Jack" who their scanners have shown to be a robot. Yep, it's Hope the heartbreaker. The scene is pretty funny, but poor, poor Thomas.
    image.jpg
    end of spoilers

Thomas is featured pretty heavily in this issue, and I presume the next because there's still some mysteries about him, (what exactly is it he does?) and Spurrier is careful with his characters.

Er turns out the spoilers tag doesn't work for pictures. If it's a problem I'll delete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Well now I don't know who to believe Maybe Kyle could teach PE? Or coach the baseball team? Or just do PR, like Cyclops had Ms. Kildare (*cough*SINISTER*cough*) do on Utopia.
    Believe me. Kyle isn't an instructor or coach. He handles the business side of Northstar's career. They got into a fight about it during Liu's Astonishing run. Northstar made a comment about it being "just money," and Kyle flipped out. Rightly so - it was a condescending thing to say about his then-boyfriend's job.

Ohhhh, very interesting. To add him to the OP list, Thomas, soldier of _______ in Spurrier's X-force? How did it not work out? (use spoiler tags if you want)
    spoilers:
    The reporter was Meme in disguise. And Meme is Hope in disguise.
    end of spoilers

Typical Spurrier episode, where nothing was as it seemed. Have a look at the preview pages to see the introduction to both characters.
    spoilers:
    X-Force stage a series of ambush attacks on the commandoes to find out their capabilities. In the end the grunty commander flips, and orders them to power up, which they all do. Thomas the rookie doesn't seem to know what's going on, but when he's very stressed his eyes start to glow. He's obviously powered to but we and he don't know how yet.
    Background info is that Hope whilst in a coma has hijacked a brain dead mutant's digital powers, and can interact with the world via Dr Nemesis technology.
    MI13 arrive to check out unauthorised military British supers and shoot down "Jack" who their scanners have shown to be a robot. Yep, it's Hope the heartbreaker. The scene is pretty funny, but poor, poor Thomas.
    image.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Thomas is featured pretty heavily in this issue, and I presume the next because there's still some mysteries about him, (what exactly is it he does?) and Spurrier is careful with his characters.
    Er turns out the spoilers tag doesn't work for pictures. If it's a problem I'll delete it.
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Errr.... wait, so...
    spoilers:
    was it an LGBT kiss or more akin to when Gambit kissed a man in a female body
    end of spoilers

Believe me. Kyle isn't an instructor or coach. He handles the business side of Northstar's career. They got into a fight about it during Liu's Astonishing run. Northstar made a comment about it being "just money," and Kyle flipped out. Rightly so - it was a condescending thing to say about his then-boyfriend's job.
    I bow to your greater knowledge. So Kyle could teach business classes? Put Iceman out of a job, mwwwhahaha, gay husband revenge!

Errr.... wait, so...
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers

!
    Depends on your perspective I guess. Thomas the Rookie is a fully out gay man, and he was acting consistent with that. I'm not so keen on what the other party in the interaction did; but then again, I'm not a great lover of that character.

Errr.... wait, so...
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Kinda the opposite actually. Gambit kissed a man thinking it was a woman. This guy kissed a woman thinking it was a man.

So... technically it wasn't an LGBT moment, but the guy is still clearly gay.

Depends on your perspective I guess. Thomas the Rookie is a fully out gay man, and he was acting consistent with that. I'm not so keen on what the other party in the interaction did; but then again, I'm not a great lover of that character.
    Oh, so Thomas thought it was a man... yeah okay, I'd say that counts. It's like Hawkeye kissing "Wanda" (who was Loki) isn't an LGBT kiss, because Clint didn't know it was a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Kinda the opposite actually. Gambit kissed a man thinking it was a woman.
    I think Gambit did know it she was a man in a woman's body; he just didn't care.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I always thought it was funny the way Loki didn't want Clint kissing him, but was clearly shagging Dr Doom and Namor during this period while using Sif's body.

Clint was just too blonde for Loki
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Oh, so Thomas thought it was a man... yeah okay, I'd say that counts. It's like Hawkeye kissing "Wanda" (who was Loki) isn't an LGBT kiss, because Clint didn't know it was a man.

When did this happen? I remember him hooking up with a Wanda doom-but, but I had no idea Loki impersonated Wanda before.

Who wouldn't go gay for Jessica, truthfully? Arana and MAC would be a fierce couple!
    I love you.

I think Gambit did know it she was a man in a woman's body; he just didn't care.
    This is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    When did this happen? I remember him hooking up with a Wanda doom-but, but I had no idea Loki impersonated Wanda before.
    Dan Slott's Mighty Avengers. During Dark Reign, I think.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 08-15-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Damn, Hope must be REALLY lonely in there. This is the second issue in a row where she's tried to randomly hook up with someone (she tried to bang Fantomex last issue).
    end of spoilers