View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 429 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529929 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    One of the Union Jacks was gay in the comics. Brian Falsworth, the second Union Jack. Son of the original.

Interesting that they chose Brian as there is really no reason to do so other than his LGBT status. He's neither the first or most recent Union Jack. Still. I'm all for it.
    Yup. And this fellow is meant to be Brian; he showed up during one of the game events. TBH, I'm kinda impressed that the creators went digging that deep. No version of Union Jack is all that well known, and, as you said, Brian's one of the middle kids, so to speak.

I'm actually super impressed right now. James is the one that usually gets the nod because he is the original. Joey would be second because he is the most recent. Literally the only reason to use Brian is becaus they wanted a gay character. And that speaks volumes. Well done to whatever studio makes this game. This is nearly enough for me to take an interest. Nearly. I really don't have time for a new mobile game. But if I did, I'd consider this one because of this inclusion (and the fact they just outright said it. No hints. Just flat out statement. Kudos)

I'm actually super impressed right now. James is the one that usually gets the nod because he is the original. Joey would be second because he is the most recent. Literally the only reason to use Brian is becaus they wanted a gay character. And that speaks volumes. Well done to whatever studio makes this game. This is nearly enough for me to take an interest. Nearly. I really don't have time for a new mobile game. But if I did, I'd consider this one because of this inclusion (and the fact they just outright said it. No hints. Just flat out statement. Kudos)
    I'll be super impressed when they either confirm Loki or give Brian an LI or something. In and of himself, Union Jack means the inclusion of a lone minor gay character, which is on the level of "we'll show that LGBT people exist in this setting". That's something to be happy about and certainly a cut above a lot of properties/adaptations, but still pretty baseline. The reason this excites me is that it opens the door to better known characters and also shows that the developers are open to the idea of inclusion and weren't just paying lip service when they addressed the question of LGBT characters a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't think creating that thread was a good idea. More people calling us crazy, saying we're offended by everything and it's never enough, etc etc...
    I don't agree with it or the options created.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post

Looks like the Avengers Academy game just got their first openly LGBT character. I'd say there's hope for Teddy, Billy, and MAC to show up in this thing after all.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

This makes me so, SO happy. I'm so close to unlocking him too!!! Our first ever, openly LGBT hero in a game!!!! SQUEAL!!! I'll update the OP in a second!!!!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

If they gave Brian a love interest, I actually would start playing the game. That would be enough for me to give it a shot. Unfortunately, by the time they do that he'll probably be unavailable as he is a limited time thing, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    It's hard to think of a single favourite moment, but one that I've always liked is Anole beating a sentinel into a trash heap with his stronger arm. I don't have pics though, sorry. It happened when he, Rogue, Magneto, Loa and Indra went to visit Indra's family in India, I really like that story 'cause it focuses on a bunch of characters I like.
    Ohhhh, I forgot that one. BIG Anole fan, very happy he's still around.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I'll post here what I wrote in the other thread.

-
    I don't think this was a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" type of situation. I don't see why anyone would complain if they used an image of actual LGBT characters. It's been a couple of days now, I'm sure they could have prepared a better image to use. But I don't think it's offensive, I think it's a bit disappointing and tone-deaf but overall I think it's more important that they made the gesture.
    -
    Forgot to say previously, the Scarlet MoM wasn't a reference to you (awesome though you are), it was when during Gillen's run I used to label the villain MoM to separate from Teddy's real mom; and then started calling Scarlet Witch that as a playful connection to Billy.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I'm not sure it counts as a "Moment", I would go with getting as close as possible to Mystique/Destiny having a relationship during a time when it was not allowed in Marvel titles.
    It's a place to begin, if nothing else.
    I think my favourite Mystique/Destiny scene was from the recent Wolverines series. Not just for FINALLY confirming they are 100% a couple, but also I thought it was beautifully written.

"We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Gonna take this as fave significant LGBT moments, since there are some kick-ass fight scenes with my LGBT faves that otherwise qualify.

This wraps a scene that's an intersection of a lot of things that make me a happy reader: the Beaubier twins being able to show concern for each other when the stakes are a little lower than life-and-death, Jean-Paul letting his guard down, and JP finally starting to rebuild a family after having lost so much of his own over the years. There are some things that could have been done better with this arc, but there are also a LOT of quieter moments I think Liu just nailed, and this is one of them.
    LOVE that scene too, though my favourite Northstar moment will (probably always) be:

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    If we can't have Karma in New Mutants, I'm really, REALLY holding out for Rictor/Shatterstar in the X-force film!!!

I know Union Jack (Brian Falsworth) is gay, however when is this ever mentioned in the comics?

Apparently he was in a relationship with Destroyer (Roger Aubrey), but have we actually seen this?

Were these two ever shown as a couple?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I know Union Jack (Brian Falsworth) is gay, however when is this ever mentioned in the comics?

Apparently he was in a relationship with Destroyer (Roger Aubrey), but have we actually seen this?

Were these two ever shown as a couple?
    So far as I can find, they were only canonically revealed as lovers after Brian's death. Their prior interactions could be taken as very close friendship.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 06-15-2016 at 07:55 AM.

Looks like the Avengers Academy game just got their first openly LGBT character. I'd say there's hope for Teddy, Billy, and MAC to show up in this thing after all.

He looks so cute! I know he is dead but are there any stories with Brian that are worth reading?

If they gave Brian a love interest, I actually would start playing the game. That would be enough for me to give it a shot. Unfortunately, by the time they do that he'll probably be unavailable as he is a limited time thing, I believe.
    Yeah, he's only available to unlock until 6:00 pm EST today.

I knew nothing about this guy before the game. A quick wiki search makes it pretty clear he is 1) very awesome and 2) very dead. Reeeealllly hoping this means they somehow plan on bringing him back in the comics. Otherwise his inclusion in the game seems kind of strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Ok, favourite LGBT moment then, let me think...
    Edit: oh damn I can't find a scan of the moment but it was when someone called Northstar a faggot and a mutie during a book signing he did and pulled a gun on him and he dissasembled it in a microsecond and kicked the guys ass.
    From UXM #392:

A very good scene!
    See this is exactly why I LOVE doing things like this, I've never seen that moment. And it makes me so happy.

P.S. thoughts on the white hair? I quite like it (but I liked the elf ears too, lol!)

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Northstar was such a huge moment for me when I found out he was gay. It was the first time I found out gay and hero could go together
    Northstar really should get a solo series, he'd be so BOSS if a writer just devoted time to him; as a adversary he's bloody dangerous (and his attitude would make him fun to read, everyone loves a bad boy). I really loved how Kyle&Yost wrote him in Amazing X-men. Hope he gets a solo soon. The first gay solo series, it would be monumental.

WOW! This is really cool, I knew a Union Jack was gay, and assumed they just used the oldest one. To actually, specifically got for the gay one is super cool. Awwwww! And I think/hope this is because of the campaign after the "love stories" came out, and there were no LGBT options. Fingers crossed Union Jack and Loki can date! This just goes to show, sometimes on-line attention can help.

I'll be super impressed when they either confirm Loki or give Brian an LI or something. In and of himself, Union Jack means the inclusion of a lone minor gay character, which is on the level of "we'll show that LGBT people exist in this setting". That's something to be happy about and certainly a cut above a lot of properties/adaptations, but still pretty baseline. The reason this excites me is that it opens the door to better known characters and also shows that the developers are open to the idea of inclusion and weren't just paying lip service when they addressed the question of LGBT characters a while back.
    Agreed. Might mean we could get Wiccan in more and more games. SQUEAL!!!!
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 06-15-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    P.S. thoughts on the white hair? I quite like it (but I liked the elf ears too, lol!)
    The white hair is a misunderstanding that's been cropping up since the 80's. According to Byrne, he intended the twins to have very shiny dark hair, but the way it was inked from their first appearance lead to some artists assuming they had white hair from that point on.

I'm not a fan of the white hair myself. There are already way too many "Alpha Flight is just Avengers North" jokes already without making Northstar look like Quicksilver.

I don't like the white hair either. It's too similar to Quicksilver and looks awkward to me the way it is highlighted or colored.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/