View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 458 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468508558958 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 16974

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Canon? In what book (title and issue please) is said "crush" depicted?
    He confessed said crush to Nurse Annie back in Chuck Austen's run.

There was a bunch of..... potential.... in Austen's run but mostly it was a mess.
    Personally, I also enjoyed the budding romance between Paige Guthrie and Warren Worthington.
    He's smoking hot and gorgeous and a senior X-Man so I totally understand Pagie's crush. Jealous even.
    Last edited by Fokken; 06-27-2016 at 12:28 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

In retrospect I think that Austen might've been writing Bobby with internalized homophobia.

Not the best choice but it makes sense now.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    In retrospect I think that Austen might've been writing Bobby with internalized homophobia.
    Well, that's how I've been seeing since the reveal considering he's been hiding for sooo long and trying to date women since ever...

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, that's how I've been seeing since the reveal considering he's been hiding for sooo long and trying to date women since ever...
    I just haven't thought about Austen's run in forever.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Yeah that's how I feel, I don't care about non-superhero supporting characters.
    See, I'm the opposite. I wish we had more human supporting characters in the X-Men. I remember when they were filled with humans. Moira, Stevie, Tom and Sharon, Lee Forrester and others. I miss those days, when the X-Men actually made even the barest goddamn token effort to actually frigging co-exist with humans. Too often, the idea of "co-existence" was just a buzzword with them never actually trying to co-exist, and instead self-segregating and avoiding dealing with regular people like they were lepers or something.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    There was a bunch of..... potential.... in Austen's run but mostly it was a mess.
    Personally, I also enjoyed the budding romance between Paige Guthrie and Warren Worthington.
    He's smoking hot and gorgeous and a senior X-Man so I totally understand Pagie's crush. Jealous even.
    Austen did work with internalized bigotries. He even spun Stacy X into something less judgmental against her, after Casey had the superhero who owned the cathouse she worked in tell her "If you don't want to be treated as a whore, don't act like one." His Stacy was just as reactionary and egotistical, but people being dicks to her was given less authorial credence. And, he brought back sex-positive Nightcrawler, which I am all over, because chaste, moody Nightcrawler just bugs me.

Austen's stuff with teenage girls, though, just got worse after he left X-Men. His baseball series with his teenager in her panties and bra cover...
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Austen did work with internalized bigotries. He even spun Stacy X into something less judgmental against her, after Casey had the superhero who owned the cathouse she worked in tell her "If you don't want to be treated as a whore, don't act like one." His Stacy was just as reactionary and egotistical, but people being dicks to her was given less authorial credence. And, he brought back sex-positive Nightcrawler, which I am all over, because chaste, moody Nightcrawler just bugs me.

Austen's stuff with teenage girls, though, just got worse after he left X-Men. His baseball series with his teenager in her panties and bra cover...
    Chaste, moody Nightcrawler is the worst! I love swashbuckling, chivalrous, deviant Nightcrawler. Remember when the X-Men were three-dimensional?

As for Iceman and Northstar? Eh. Not sure how I feel about that. It could work, but Northstar would need Iceman to grow up-- which it looks like he's doing finally.
    Last edited by gifted; 06-27-2016 at 02:19 PM.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Seeing all that Austen-run stuff just reinforces my belief that Marvel missed their opportunity to out Iceman a lot sooner and pair him up with Northstar.

Seeing all that Austen-run stuff just reinforces my belief that Marvel missed their opportunity to out Iceman a lot sooner and pair him up with Northstar.
    Considering what a clusterfuck Austen made of every het romance under his pen, I think Bobby dodged a bullet.

Here's a heads-up, a friend of one of the victims of the Orlando shooting started a petition asking Lucasfilm to create an openly gay Star Wars character based on his friend. The comments section on here for this article went exactly as you would expect.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...ovie-character

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Considering what a clusterfuck Austen made of every het romance under his pen, I think Bobby dodged a bullet.
    Nothing in Austen's run was good. Nothing. Lorna was a crazy bitch in order to make Alex look less awful for ditching her at the altar at their wedding, in favour of Nurse Mary Sue - sorry, Nurse Annie - because they fell in love while he was in a coma and her son sent her into his dreams. Warren hooked up with a teenage girl - she was 18 at the oldest, while he would've been in his mid-20s at the least - which led to them having sex in front of her mother. She Lays With Angels was just . . . bad.

Yeah, the straight relationships were all really weird and uncomfortable. Which is to be expected.

Of course, Austen was also the guy who decided, "Hey, let's have Hawkeye and Wasp hook up, for no particular reason!" Chuck Austen is a goddamn hack.

Here's a heads-up, a friend of one of the victims of the Orlando shooting started a petition asking Lucasfilm to create an openly gay Star Wars character based on his friend. The comments section on here for this article went exactly as you would expect.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...ovie-character
    I don't know that I necessarily agree with the petition. But I absolutely agree there needs to be openly LGBT characters in the Star Wars movies. Given how diverse a cast Abrams assembled for The Force Awakens, I am somewhat hopeful he'll include an openly LGBT character.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I don't know that I necessarily agree with the petition. But I absolutely agree there needs to be openly LGBT characters in the Star Wars movies. Given how diverse a cast Abrams assembled for The Force Awakens, I am somewhat hopeful he'll include an openly LGBT character.
    I don't think the petition is exploiting the shooting like the straight guys commenting on it claimed, it was just started by one guy trying to honour his friend.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Nothing in Austen's run was good. Nothing. Lorna was a crazy bitch in order to make Alex look less awful for ditching her at the altar at their wedding, in favour of Nurse Mary Sue - sorry, Nurse Annie - because they fell in love while he was in a coma and her son sent her into his dreams. Warren hooked up with a teenage girl - she was 18 at the oldest, while he would've been in his mid-20s at the least - which led to them having sex in front of her mother. She Lays With Angels was just . . . bad.

Yeah, the straight relationships were all really weird and uncomfortable. Which is to be expected.

Of course, Austen was also the guy who decided, "Hey, let's have Hawkeye and Wasp hook up, for no particular reason!" Chuck Austen is a goddamn hack.
    If Nurse Annie was a Mary Sue, why did almost no one like her and why was she constantly mistaken or wrong, or embarrassing herself? Mary Sue's, generally, aren't made fun of and outcast, or built primarily out of flaws that everyone else can constantly highlight. She was mutantphobic, she built a romance in her imagination, she was awkward when nervous, she shipped without sensibility, and she babbled embarrassingly.

Havok didn't so much ditch her at the altar as his friends and family pushed a man who just came out of a coma to marry her in a rush of a couple days. A woman who, when he went into his coma, was not even dating him, and who, while he was in coma, had gone nuts and become a racist, ranting bully.

She Lays With Angels was terrible. Most of the rest of his run was, at least, a significant improvement over the previous two or three runs and much of the Claremont that followed it.
    Last edited by t hedge coke; 06-28-2016 at 02:40 AM.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)