View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 460 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463464470510560960 ... LastLast
Results 6,886 to 6,900 of 16973
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

As for gay characters in Star Wars; when JJ Abrams said there would be openly gay characters in future installments I remember Kieran and others saying that JJ had said the exact same thing about the new Star Trek movies and nothing has come of that so far.

I would love it if Poe is gay but Finn is definitely straight, or at least attracted to Rey. I've also heard that there's going to be a new character in the next film that is an Asian woman who is Finn's love interest. Oscar Isaac was definitely talking about Finn when he said that he was "playing at romance with someone" in his interview on Ellen, but I'm highly skeptical they would actually have the balls to confirm Poe as gay in the movies. If Poe is gay it's more likely that they'd acknowledge in the comics but leave it ambiguous in the movies.

Sorry that I'm not more optimistic but at this point I've pretty much completely given up hope of seeing any LGBT representation in any popular movie franchise.

I know this is off-topic but I thought I'd just say that I saw X-Men: Apocalypse the other day and I totally get a lot of the criticisms of it. It really felt like they were phoning it in with that one. And considering that Magneto doesn't even know that Quicksilver is his son they really just should've used Northstar instead.

Holding out for Star Trek to finally have LGBT characters.
    Let's just forget Austen's X-run. It was horrible and made me leave the X-Men behind for years until Second Coming.
    I quite enjoyed X:A though it certainly had its fair share of problems. I doubt the X-movies are ready for Northstar levels of sass but he and Aurora would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I've enjoyed all recent superhero movies. They were all great movies, but they all had faults. Even though Marvel Studios fanboys like to pretend Civil War was a flawless masterpiece.

Ultimate Member

Austen wrote Annie as the comic book version of his real life wife and Havok as himself leaving Lorna as the crazy lady so Annie was his pet character...and the less said about how Austen depicted sex or romantic anything between any of the characters...the better...even in his Avengers work it was terrible...

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

What is the point of this? "Oh, there was one sagely old mentor character so there can't be another."

I mean, I definitely think the queer character is Poe or someone new, but still.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Black Panther 3 was great. The Midnight Angels are just fantastic and I loved the latest revealation in their storyline, I'm going to wait a while to post more about that. Also I'm getting the feeling Goldballs and Ganke have a crush on each other which is funny and cute at the same time. It's probably not intended that way but it definitely reads like that to me.

I see where she's coming from even though I disagree with that line of thinking. To me it's about Priorities: Yes, Quality is more important than Quantity when it comes to LGBT representation, but in order for the Quality of that representation to be criticized and improved, we need some LGBT characters to begin with. Luke being a gay character who's sexuality has never been adressed until now would not be the ideal but it would be something. After that's stablished we could discuss the quality of that representation and criticize it or spend years and years bitching about it just like the straight and LGBT people who are still moaning about Dumbledore and will probably do that forever.

I'd be shocked if Luke is outed though. Poe is a much better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    What is the point of this? "Oh, there was one sagely old mentor character so there can't be another."
    Another old celibate gay mentor would be a trope apparently, so it's better that Luke is yet another old straight mentor instead... because we don't have enough of those already. I'm not rooting for him to be outed and don't think it'll happen but the people who are so passionate about him being hetero need better arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I know this is off-topic but I thought I'd just say that I saw X-Men: Apocalypse the other day and I totally get a lot of the criticisms of it. It really felt like they were phoning it in with that one. And considering that Magneto doesn't even know that Quicksilver is his son they really just should've used Northstar instead.
    I actually reckon they wanted to use Northstar first but they got cold feet as soon as production started plus it was a great way to tie into the avengers film (without really being a part of it). I mean, Evan's look is identical to Jean Paul's more than Pietro's

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I actually reckon they wanted to use Northstar first but they got cold feet as soon as production started plus it was a great way to tie into the avengers film (without really being a part of it). I mean, Evan's look is identical to Jean Paul's more than Pietro's
    Maybe, it just bothered me that in the end Magneto still doesn't even know that Quicksilver is his son. I mean why use Quicksilver if you're not going to utilize the father-son dynamic?

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I want to see this

in an X-Men movie.

You can still blow him up later, if you kill all the rest of that team one by one, too. But, do this, and let's see what asshats get up in the middle of the movie and walk out.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    I want to see this

in an X-Men movie.

You can still blow him up later, if you kill all the rest of that team one by one, too. But, do this, and let's see what asshats get up in the middle of the movie and walk out.
    What makes you want it to be Bloke and his boyfriend as opposed to other characters like Northstar or Rictor & Shatterstar?

DC just revealed a limited series for Midnighter & Apollo. And that White Canary will get a girlfriend in season 2 of Legends.

Marvel?

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

We're still waiting to see if it's true that MAC gets a solo series, I doubt that everyone in the "Divided We Stand" pic is getting their own series but her inclusion there is a good sign. I'm also still wondering if New Avengers is going to get split into two books with one of them being the Wiccan-led team.