View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 465 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469475515565965 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 16974
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Eh. Never been a massive fan of Eli, but I'd happily see him in USAvengers (since I won't be reading it) to make his fans happy.

Ditto. That book is DROPPED!
    Wow. Dropping a book with LGBT representation? Shouldn't we show solidarity in support of LGBT characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Wow. Dropping a book with LGBT representation? Shouldn't we show solidarity in support of LGBT characters?
    Not at $4 a pop when the LGBTQ representation is playing third fiddle behind Squirrel Girl and a whitewashed Sunspot. Props to Ewing for making the effort, but DC and a few dozen indie titles are doing way better than Marvel right now in terms of representation, and they're the ones who've got my financial support currently. When/if we get that MAC solo, then maybe that'll change.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Not at $4 a pop when the LGBTQ representation is playing third fiddle behind Squirrel Girl and a whitewashed Sunspot. Props to Ewing for making the effort, but DC and a few dozen indie titles are doing way better than Marvel right now in terms of representation, and they're the ones who've got my financial support currently. When/if we get that MAC solo, then maybe that'll change.
    Nailed it!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

Ah, but New Avengers is $3.99. And Black Panther, a book featuring a lesbian couple with their own intertwined story-arc, is also $3.99. In fact, aren't most Marvel books $3.99 nowadays?

And forgive me if I missed an accompanying article, but where in this one do you get the idea that Iron Patriot and Pod will play second fiddle? Ewing specifically calls Iron Patriot out, and Pod has a new suit of armor; I haven't read everything by Ewing, but from what I have...he's not one to forget important details (he's thorough enough, even, to address Monica's hairstyle!). Sounds like, to me, there will be a good amount of development for both characters. That and...hasn't Sunspot been a mostly-in-the-shadows kinda guy in New Avengers?

Ah, but New Avengers is $3.99. And Black Panther, a book featuring a lesbian couple with their own intertwined story-arc, is also $3.99. In fact, aren't most Marvel books $3.99 nowadays?

And forgive me if I missed an accompanying article, but where in this one do you get the idea that Iron Patriot and Pod will play second fiddle? Ewing specifically calls Iron Patriot out, and Pod has a new suit of armor; I haven't read everything by Ewing, but from what I have...he's not one to forget important details (he's thorough enough, even, to address Monica's hairstyle!). Sounds like, to me, there will be a good amount of development for both characters. That and...hasn't Sunspot been a mostly-in-the-shadows kinda guy in New Avengers?
    Plus, Squirrel Girl's outfit is adorable. That's gotta count for something, right?

But my question would be this: Have you been enjoying New Avengers? Then why not continue with USAvengers, with the same writer, and most likely a similar tone? And, presumably, the romance between Toni and Pod will be a pretty major part of the series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Plus, Squirrel Girl's outfit is adorable. That's gotta count for something, right?

But my question would be this: Have you been enjoying New Avengers? Then why not continue with USAvengers, with the same writer, and most likely a similar tone? And, presumably, the romance between Toni and Pod will be a pretty major part of the series.
    I, personally, will probably try USAvengers for 1-3 issues, as I usually do with any new title (unless it's a solo book with a character I absolutely don't like, or a continuation/reboot of a solo I do not like), but then...I wasn't the one saying I would be dropping the book.

I, personally, will probably try USAvengers for 1-3 issues, as I usually do with any new title (unless it's a solo book with a character I absolutely don't like, or a continuation/reboot of a solo I do not like), but then...I wasn't the one saying I would be dropping the book.
    I know, that part of my post was meant for the people who said they were dropping it.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'm dropping New Avengers because Wiccan and Hulkling are gone.

I was buying the book because I'm a fan of them, not for representation reasons. It's great to see a new lesbian couple on the scene, but I have zero interest in them as characters and wont buy a book just for representation alone.

If I hear good things, I might go back, but the fact they are a lesbian couple isnt a good enough reason for me to pick the book up. If Ewing had this planned, he should have done a much better job of making me care about them in the issues he's had to do so.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

For me personally I've been enjoying New Avengers but USAvengers doesn't appeal to me, it doesn't have any of the characters I really liked from New Avengers; Wiccan, Hulkling, White Tiger and Power-Man. And I don't like Squirrel Girl, period. And people have been theorizing that New Avengers would split into two teams, USAvengers seems to be one of those two teams. It's still possible that there will continue to be a New Avengers book with Wiccan, Hulkling and the others.

BANNED

I know, that part of my post was meant for the people who said they were dropping it.
    Ah, my bad.

I'm not too into Squirrel Girl or Red Hulk, but like I said...I give most things at least a few issues to grab my attention.

Y
    I personally haven't been enjoying the series that much. Certain issues are good or very good, the majority of it is "meh". I got it for Wiccan, Songbird and Hulkling. With them gone I've lost the three biggest draws from a comic I found passable; AND Squirrel Girl is still there (and I've never been a fan of her).

I agree with Legion, I'm not going to support a book "just" because it might have a lesbian couple whose relationship might be part of the series. Remember how Ewing said Loki was bisexual yet it didn't come up in his solo series? An LGBT character who I have no specific interest in (other than being LGBT) can be the draw (because I like having LGBT characters in comics I enjoy) but it will never be the sole motivator (for me) to give a comic a try (if my interest in them is based -- by and large -- on their sexuality). If it was a new writer and a new team which had Pod and Toni I could be drawn to it; but under Ewing I doubt it'll excite me. But I'm happy for everyone who is excited for it, and I hope it's awesome
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 07-03-2016 at 02:45 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

Who or what is this "MAC" solo I keep reading about?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Who or what is this "MAC" solo I keep reading about?
    You don't know who MAC is and yet you post in this thread????

MAC stands for Miss America Chavez. It's rumored she may get a solo series and she is a pretty high profile lesbian character. So that would be big for Marvel.

Well, I've been liking NA so far and I like Squirrel Girl and the art, but the concept seems too silly and meh. If Pod and Toni really hook up I'll probably give it a shot though. I still think/hope that's not totally what NA has become.