View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 466 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476516566966 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 16972

Heed not the ramblings of the ZNOP.
    It is a carrot. A cheese cube. A crate teetering atop a stick.

I plan to continue on reading this newly titled USAvengers. Ewing has been wildly entertaining. He writes a tremendous Sunspot and I very much look forward to how he will handle Cannonball. I am in the minority in appreciating Doreen and I admit I'm very curious about future-Captain-Cage. I'll be interested to see further exploration of Pod and Toni moving forward.

I've no interest in Rulk, but that may change. I gave Squirrel Girl a shot because of Ewing/Sunspot and THAT paid off. Who knows. Rulk may prove awesome. <shrug>

All that being said, I must admit to flinching when I read that so many folks were dismissing it out of hand by the lack of Billy and Teddy. I thought "awww c'mon guys, really?" but I've been guilty of the same with a few titles in the past. I admit to skipping issues that focused on Blue Marvel in his Mighty Avengers run because the guy just doesn't do it for me. <shrug> Hell, I'll even skim over sections of books when its focusing on someone I don't care for, and then go back and reread it in its entirety.

I look forward to seeing where Billy, Teddy, Melissa, Victor, Ava and Clint wind up. May they find promising homes with promising creative teams ASAP.
    Last edited by Fokken; 07-03-2016 at 04:32 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    You don't know who MAC is and yet you post in this thread????
    You have a problem with that? Last I checked there isn't a required prerequisite to post in any thread that isn't locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    MAC stands for Miss America Chavez. It's rumored she may get a solo series and she is a pretty high profile lesbian character. So that would be big for Marvel.
    I know who America Chavez is -- but, I was unaware that in the actual pages she's canonically referred to as MAC
    Last edited by ZNOP; 07-03-2016 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Typo correction(s).

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

You have a problem with that? Last I checked there isn't a required prerequisite to post in any thread that isn't locked.

I know who America Chavez is -- but, I was unaware that in the actual pages she's canonically referred to as MAC
    It's her nickname in the Vengeance mini, where she was introduced before being brought back from limbo by Gillen for Young Avengers.
    Everything Lives!

So, I just started watching a new show on Freeform, Dead of Summer, and two things. If you're into teen thriller, it's about the classic horror theme of summer camp that takes place in the '80s. There are plenty of POC characters, an openly gay male, and a female-to-male trans. So, it's definitely worth looking into.

Second thing, the moment a character stepped on screen, I thought, "She'd be a great MAC!" Her name is Paulina Singer.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    MAC stands for Miss America Chavez. It's rumored she may get a solo series and she is a pretty high profile lesbian character. So that would be big for Marvel.
    Hmmm... let's see if it will sell well.

BANNED

But I really want Marvel to give us a major character to be the LGBT representative.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    So, I just started watching a new show on Freeform, Dead of Summer, and two things. If you're into teen thriller, it's about the classic horror theme of summer camp that takes place in the '80s. There are plenty of POC characters, an openly gay male, and a female-to-male trans. So, it's definitely worth looking into.

Second thing, the moment a character stepped on screen, I thought, "She'd be a great MAC!" Her name is Paulina Singer.

Honestly I thought about watching that, but I had the impression it's too cheesy. Feedback? And yeah, that girl totally looks like MAC.

It is on Freeform, so of course, just like almost anything on the CW or Freeform, it may be a bit overdramatic and, forgive me for the pun, campy. But I love horror stuff like this. And just because it's cheesy doesn't mean it's bad. I'm only 20 minutes into the first episode (there are only two episodes so far) and it's good so far. But like I said, you have to be into the genre to enjoy it.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Ah, but New Avengers is $3.99. And Black Panther, a book featuring a lesbian couple with their own intertwined story-arc, is also $3.99. In fact, aren't most Marvel books $3.99 nowadays?
    My point is that comics are a relatively expensive hobby. I wasn't reading New Avengers in singles in part because of the $4 price point, so pointing out the obvious isn't much of a got'cha. I also wasn't so blown away by the first trade that picking up the second is guaranteed, and it's definitely not enough to get me to hop on over to the new title. It's cool if you can afford to support a book just because it has LGBTQ representation in it, but I do have to pick and choose. A book with two LGBTQ characters I'm not terribly invested in in a cast I'm not much interested in by I writer I kinda like with art concepts that aren't blowing me away isn't anywhere near a must buy for me.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 07-03-2016 at 06:21 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    It's her nickname in the Vengeance mini, where she was introduced before being brought back from limbo by Gillen for Young Avengers.
    Interesting... My search turned up "Among fans, America is often referred to as "MAC", the initials of Miss America Chavez. Carol Danvers adopted the nickname for her in Ultimates Volume 2".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    My point is that comics are a relatively expensive hobby. I wasn't reading New Avengers in singles in part because of the $4 price point, so pointing out the obvious isn't much of a got'cha. I also wasn't so blown away by the first trade that picking up the second is guaranteed, and it's definitely not enough to get me to hop on over to the new title. It's cool if you can afford to support a book just because it has LGBTQ representation in it, but I do have to pick and choose. A book with two LGBTQ characters I'm not terribly invested in in a cast I'm not much interested in by I writer I kinda like with art concepts that aren't blowing me away isn't anywhere near a must buy for me.
    And I understand that, I truly do.

I was being a bit sarcastic for a reason. No worries.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Just thought I'd point out that Northstar is firmly in second place behind Wolverine in the favourite Canadian Characters thread poll I started. I'm glad to see him get more votes than a more well-known character like Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Just thought I'd point out that Northstar is firmly in second place behind Wolverine in the favourite Canadian Characters thread poll I started. I'm glad to see him get more votes than a more well-known character like Deadpool.
    I saw that too. YEY!!! And surprising, but awesome Though Deadpool is also LGBT. Hell, according to Claremont so is Wolverine. Must be a Canadian thing
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I saw that too. YEY!!! And surprising, but awesome Though Deadpool is also LGBT. Hell, according to Claremont so is Wolverine. Must be a Canadian thing
    Lol. Yeah I'm gay and Canadian too, must be something in the water.

I'm also gay and friends with MoM... who's Canadian. Haha, I don't know.

Anyway, Marvel's new Champions? Unless one of the six is later outed, it seems all heterosexual to me. It sucks that it comes down to having to count the representation we have in comics.

Cinderella