View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 474 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484524574974 ... LastLast
Results 7,096 to 7,110 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    You accuse me of taking potshots because your taking what I say personally. And, who is this "US" you speak of?

Either you've gained Selective Amnesia and missed a rather lengthy discussion that went on about Kamala's mentioning of her girlfriend or I fell for someone fan-fic fantasy either way the discussion did happen...
    I think you are confusing Ms Marvel:

with this Ms Marvel:

Who is quite close with Spider-Woman.

Half of the X-board cant remember the name change.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Okay, found the link.
    I got my favorite gay character!

You are HULKLING! (Teddy Altman/Dorek VIII)

The brawn of the Young Avengers, Teddy is the son of the Kree hero Mar-Vell, and the Skrull Princess Annelle. He was given into the care of a Skrull who posed as his human mother, and grew up knowing nothing of his true heritage. When his shape-shifting powers did eventually assert themselves, he believed himself a mutant, and kept them secret from his mother. He used his abilities to try to fit in at school, although his powers and sexuality made him feel increasingly out of place. Impulsive and excitable, Hulkling is usually easygoing, polite and respectful, and only really loses his temper after extreme provocation. He happily follows orders, without always thinking through the consequences of his actions, and frequently trusts his feelings to lead him. While he sometimes adopts an aggressive persona to intimidate when 'Hulked-up', he rarely actually gets angry, usually only at serious threats to those close to him, particularly Wiccan.

SPECIES: Kree/Skrull

POWERS: Shape-shifter, super strength

RATING: Hunky

Before i got Shatterstar but then i realized i jumped a whole page of questions.
    Last edited by Lucena Soares; 07-06-2016 at 08:08 PM.
    Everything Lives!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I think you are confusing Ms Marvel:

with this Ms Marvel:

Who is quite close with Spider-Woman.

Half of the X-board cant remember the name change.
    That just may have been the case... Good thing I wasn't pointing fingers, thanks
    Last edited by ZNOP; 07-06-2016 at 08:30 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    That just may have been the case... Good thing I wasn't pointing fingers, thanks
    I mean, you did in fact specify Kamala.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I mean, you did in fact specify Kamala.
    Yeah, the X-board also thought at first that Civil War 2 was Kamala Khan vs Tony Stark; there is a real problem about telling them apart.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I still don't recall anyone in this thread "offering their first born's "eye-teeth" as proof" of either Kamala or Carol being born a lesbian, let alone "90%".

Blocking doesn't work when everyone keeps quoting said blocked person!

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Imagine the people freaking out if it turns out Riri isn't straight.

A straight, cis, genius white male being replaced by a genius, queer, woman of color...
    Be even better if they had women of colour writing for them. I mean, forget having a woman of colour as Iron Man, how amazing would it be to have a woman of colour writing Iron Man? Wouldn't that be the best thing?

But, of course, a woman getting to write a title that actually matters isn't going to happen. The only ones who Marvel trusts with important titles are white dudes.

They could at least get a black woman drawing the damn title. Marvel's patting themselves on the back for having a black girl as a protagonist, written and drawn by white guys. They couldn't have gotten Natacha Bustos to draw the comic? She's a fantastic artist, immensely talented, and she's actually a black woman. Having a high-profile title starring a black girl and drawn by a black woman is something that actually might be praise-worthy. If they'd gotten Bustos to draw the book, I would've bought it.

As it is, Marvel can shut the hell up with their self-congratulatory bullshit. Diverse creators are more important than diverse characters.

As for Champions, yeah, when you have a teen-oriented title, it's just wrong not to include LGBT representation. I'm hoping Viv is revealed as bisexual (or pansexual). But I'm dubious. Maybe an LGBT character will join early on. But if you're going to have a teen-oriented team book, include LGBT representation. It's important.

I actually don't give a hoot about Tony Stark, so I'm all for replacing him. But Bendis's attempts at diversity leave a bad taste in my mouth. He seems to care less for representation than he does self-promotion. When he gets called out on potential missteps with Miles' background, he gets dismissive and takes cover behind folks who agree with him. He outed Ben Deeds, then did nothing with the character. Ditto Iceman (twice over!). He killed off War Machine and instead of making the new IM legacy character someone who'd make sense, like Rhodney's recently-appeared niece, he creates an incredibly similar character that he'll have creative rights to. I agree that getting creative representation would be ideal, but if we've got to have white, straight dudes puppeting minority characters, at least put in someone who seems to have a clue like Whitley or Gage.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    It never happened, we seriously need to stop acknowledging ZNOP's trolling.
    Agreed. We've seen enough LGBT threads on CBR where the consistent lack of support by certain posters paints the picture.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Well, im pretty sure that her name is not Siri because then they would get sued by Apple.
    Um, what? I didn't say Siri.
    Siri wouldn't sound bad. IMO Riri does sound bad.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Um, what? I didn't say Siri.
    Siri wouldn't sound bad. IMO Riri does sound bad.
    Like i said, im pretty sure that her name is Riri, and not Siri, because they would sued by Apple.

Like i said, im pretty sure that her name is Riri, and not Siri, because they would sued by Apple.
    Yes, I got that. But I never claimed her name was Siri.
    I don't know why you brought up the name Siri.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Blocking doesn't work when everyone keeps quoting said blocked person!
    Sorry, gifted!

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Hi guys! been really busy but I had to check in to do the quiz. I got Anole (Personality: fun, irreverent, loyal) which sounds about right even though I don't know the character all that well and I'm much older.
    Planning a trip to Germany (Munich and Berlin) so a shout out to any guys that may be on that side of the pond.