View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 476 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476477478479480486526576976 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,140 of 16972
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I need a distraction.

So... how about that Coipel cover of daddy Thor?

I'm also really sad that Marvel isn't capitalizing on their idea to incorporate X-Men into the greater Marvel Universe by having Dani Moonstar become the new Valkyrie. Especially in the era of legacies replacing their seniors.

Are any of these topics even relevant to this thread?
    Sorry buddy, I can't think of anything to distract us with.

I'm going offline for now, I'll see ya'll later.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 07-07-2016 at 07:59 PM.

I don't ship America and Kate. But I did get some undertones here. And America even thinking about whether or not Lisa would mind reveals that she does have feelings for Kate. What if we got a MAC/Kate buddy book??? Would that be an acceptable replacement for a MAC solo? I doubt we would get it. But the idea sounds fun.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

I don't ship Kate and America either. Kate is the token straight on the YA. But I like them to be friends.

Daddy Thor is the HAWTNESS. Coipel shreds all that he touches. Really excited for his book.

AmeriKate doesn't register on my shipping radar. I love them both, but I don't envision them as a couple. I really dig them being friends. I loved reading them chat on their cells over in the Hawkeye title and doing mini team ups with Noh Varr and now this in Civil War II. They're the new Jessica/Carol duo for me. They're the buds I wanna see get more panel time.

BANNED

What issue is that MAC scan from?

(looks at survey)

Blink is gay? The pink girl from Age of Apocalypse?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    What issue is that MAC scan from?
    Civil War II Choosing Sides #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    (looks at survey)

Blink is gay? The pink girl from Age of Apocalypse?
    BLING.
    G.
    Not Blink.
    BLING.

Sad to hear about Takei, not just feeding the trolls but giving them ammunition, as if it wasn't already hard enough to deal with trolls when they don't have a "Gay Friend" to try to validate their bs. He probably didn't even knew what he was doing. SMFH

I respect Takei a lot for his activism, but I’ve seen him defend some absolute bullshit as well. This falls in the latter category.

Star Trek is bigger than Gene. In some ways, Trek improved once Gene’s power over the franchise was diminished. And the importance of queer representation in Star Trek is bigger than Takei. I’m sorry he can’t join in with the other fans who are utterly gleeful over this news, but I’m not gonna lose a moment of my happiness because of one more old school purist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mah VM View Post
    Sad to hear about Takei, not just feeding the trolls but giving them ammunition, as if it wasn't already hard enough to deal with trolls when they don't have a "Gay Friend" to try to validate their bs. He probably didn't even knew what he was doing. SMFH
    Oh yeah, words can't express how disappointed I was with Takei. And that the fact that they did it to honor him, then he pretty much turned around and spat in their faces, giving trolls just another excuse to use against gay characters in popular movies.

There's another popularity tournament going on with characters like Ms America, Wiccan and Hulkling still in the competition. if anyone wants to vote here's a link.
    http://community.comicbookresources....nament-Round-2

I always find it hard to keep track of those threads myself, I'll probably miss a few rounds before it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    So now George Takei himself is speaking out against Sulu being gay in the next Star Trek movie. Get ready for the angry straight guys to use Takei's opinion to argue that only brand new characters that they won't ever care about should be gay.
    http://www.newnownext.com/george-tak...s-gay/07/2016/

And yes there is already a thread about this on CBR and yes it is already going exactly how you would expect it to.
    http://community.comicbookresources....ek-quot-Vision

I'm not gonna' lie people, I am F***ING PISSED at Takei right now. He just handed our enemies every excuse they need to keep us out of their popular movies. I already threw in the towel hoping for a gay superhero, it doesn't look like a gay character being in any popular movie series will be received well.
    You know... I'm not even mad at Takei. I think he'll see the light, but I'm too happy right now to care. We have our first ever openly gay character in a Marvel game (LOVING Union Jack), we have our first openly gay Star Trek character, X-men: Apocalypse was AWESOME and my country is getting their second ever female leader (HELLS YEAH!!!). This has been a good week, screw Takei (until he changes his tune, then embrace him with rainbows as we once did).

I need a distraction.

So... how about that Coipel cover of daddy Thor?

I'm also really sad that Marvel isn't capitalizing on their idea to incorporate X-Men into the greater Marvel Universe by having Dani Moonstar become the new Valkyrie. Especially in the era of legacies replacing their seniors.

Are any of these topics even relevant to this thread?
    Howwwwwwwwwwwwwwww DARE YOU not post it! Where's my bell? *shame* *shame* *shame* *shame*

Errrr... LOVE IT! What a gorgeously written scene. Is this Ewing in Ultimates?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Star Trek is bigger than Gene. In some ways, Trek improved once Gene’s power over the franchise was diminished. And the importance of queer representation in Star Trek is bigger than Takei. I’m sorry he can’t join in with the other fans who are utterly gleeful over this news, but I’m not gonna lose a moment of my happiness because of one more old school purist.
    GORGEOUSLY put, good sir!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Daddy Thor is the HAWTNESS. Coipel shreds all that he touches. Really excited for his book.

AmeriKate doesn't register on my shipping radar. I love them both, but I don't envision them as a couple. I really dig them being friends. I loved reading them chat on their cells over in the Hawkeye title and doing mini team ups with Noh Varr and now this in Civil War II. They're the new Jessica/Carol duo for me. They're the buds I wanna see get more panel time.
    When o saw the cover i thought that Odinson looked like a daddy Red Riding Hood. Losing the shirt would have made it perferction.

Also don't get the AmeriKate ship, just never felt that they were more than friends.

Last edited by Lucena Soares; 07-08-2016 at 08:47 AM.
    Everything Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Errrr... LOVE IT! What a gorgeously written scene. Is this Ewing in Ultimates?
    It's from Civil War II: Choosing Sides #2

About MAC and Kate... I try my best NOT to ship it. I ALWAYS fell for ships with one gay character with a crush on a supposedly-straight person/friend, and it never ends well.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I don't ship America and Kate, and I don't even like the implication that America has feelings for her beyond anything that's platonic because why can't a gay chick and a straight chick just be friends.

Also, as far as Sulu goes, is it bad that I don't even care what Takei has to say about it one way or the other? He's not this version of Sulu, John Cho is and will be for the foreseeable future if these movies continue to be made. He's not involved anymore. It's literally that simple. He can spout off all he wants about it but his opinion is ultimately irrelevant.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey