View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 491 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501541591991 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Probably Karma or Moonstar. I'd be happy with either one, but Karma seems more suited for secret missions (if that's what's going to happen). There was one poster who I remember made a preetty strong case for her joining the Secret Avengers when that team was around. I'd have liked that.
    Moonstar needs to lead a New Mutants team again, preferably a mix of multiple generations of younger X-men
    I was the one who made an argument for Karma as a Secret Avenger. I still think she'd make a perfect spy.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I remember Alonso saying that "Hercules being bisexual wasn't on anyone's radar" but I don't ever remember him changing his tune about 616 Hercules being bi or apologizing for tweeting out the "Herc, you're straight" image. Most people on this site took Alonso's words as confirmation that Hercules is supposed to have never had sex with anyone but women and praised Alonso for it.

If Hercules was ever shown to be bisexual I have no doubt that all hell would break loose again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I remember Alonso saying that "Hercules being bisexual wasn't on anyone's radar" but I don't ever remember him changing his tune about 616 Hercules being bi or apologizing for tweeting out the "Herc, you're straight" image. Most people on this site took Alonso's words as confirmation that Hercules is supposed to have never had sex with anyone but women and praised Alonso for it.
    That is indeed the interview I was referring to. You're right he never apologized for the "you're straight" image, but he did acknowledge that there were scenes in Marvel Universe stories where Herc's sexuality was called in speculation, and that those scenes "weren't on his or the editors radar" at the time but he had since been made aware of them by the outcry over his mistake.

There was no apology for the error (which there really should have been, given how badly he offended everyone), but he did at least acknowledge that there were on-panel scenes in the regular MU that brought the subject up. Its a Band-Aid on what was a pretty deep wound...but at least it was acknowledgement that Herc's sexuality wasn't all in our minds. And as I noted above, there was never any retcons to Herc's past appearances and no actual changes in how Herc's sexuality was presented (aside from him being less of a hornball with either gender in his current series, since he is trying to clean up his act and improve his reputation).

Alonso's reaction to the whole situation of Hercules' sexuality and when he mentioned LGBT characters that Marvel has and it sounded like he was just reading off a list from wikipedia, which included Rawhide Kid, it became obvious that he doesn't hold much concern for LGBT readers. What a surprise that we're still depressed that Marvel doesn't have an LGBT-led series and the number of LGBT characters appearing in comics appears to have been culled again after the next relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I was the one who made an argument for Karma as a Secret Avenger. I still think she'd make a perfect spy.
    She'd stand out a bit with that ugly metal leg of hers!

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    The fact that she has a big, clunky metal leg in this day and age of the Marvel universe is ridiculous. If they bring her back they should give her a more ordinary-looking prosthetic leg.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Karma's leg was streamlined, presumably by Box, during the Utopians.

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I mean, if she wears pants, it's not really noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Karma's leg was streamlined, presumably by Box, during the Utopians.
    Still looks shit compared to say Misty's prosthetic arm.
    I mean, why have it look like a skeletal frame rather than put it in an actual leg-shaped cover?

I mean, if she wears pants, it's not really noticeable.
    If she wore pants, the fabric of the pants would get tangled up in the machinery.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I mean, why have it look like a skeletal frame rather than put it in an actual leg-shaped cover?
    Stylistic choice?

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Exactly. If they bring her back they should make it look like an actual leg.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Exactly. If they bring her back they should make it look like an actual leg.
    I'm actually OK with it being an obvious prosthetic. The design of her current leg doesn't resemble real-world prosthetic legs, of course, but hey, it's a superhero world. It should have a sleek, sexy design, but I don't think I'd make it look too close to a real leg.

I'm actually OK with it being an obvious prosthetic. The design of her current leg doesn't resemble real-world prosthetic legs, of course, but hey, it's a superhero world. It should have a sleek, sexy design, but I don't think I'd make it look too close to a real leg.
    Yeah, I'm not saying it has to look like a normal flesh-and-blood leg. I just don't think it should look so clunky and impractical.

Apparently there's going to be a new Venom series but with someone else inside the suit. Do you reckon they might be the LGBT character we've all been waiting for?

And would a symbiotic LGBT person be a good thing or a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Apparently there's going to be a new Venom series but with someone else inside the suit. Do you reckon they might be the LGBT character we've all been waiting for?

And would a symbiotic LGBT person be a good thing or a bad thing?
    I'd be cool with an LGBT Venom, but I'm highly skeptical that that's what will happen.