View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 492 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496502542592992 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Apparently there's going to be a new Venom series but with someone else inside the suit. Do you reckon they might be the LGBT character we've all been waiting for?

And would a symbiotic LGBT person be a good thing or a bad thing?
    Are we still taking Bendis at his word that there is a LGBT solo in the works? Did he actually ever say that or am I making that up?

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Are we still taking Bendis at his word that there is a LGBT solo in the works? Did he actually ever say that or am I making that up?
    The tweet was (if I recall correctly) someone asking him if Marvel will have an LGBT-led title and he replied with "yes... maybe we already do". Someone should repost the tweet here.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    The tweet was (if I recall correctly) someone asking him if Marvel will have an LGBT-led title and he replied with "yes... maybe we already do". Someone should repost the tweet here.
    Thanks for the clarification!

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Thanks for the clarification!
    No problem.

So... Jeremy Whitley, who wrote MAC on the Choosing Sides #2 issue, when asked on an interview who was his favorite Avenger, he said he liked the Young Avengers more. And that he loved writing teen superhero stories. And then he said he has a unannounced book in the works. So...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So... Jeremy Whitley, who wrote MAC on the Choosing Sides #2 issue, when asked on an interview who was his favorite Avenger, he said he liked the Young Avengers more. And that he loved writing teen superhero stories. And then he said he has a unannounced book in the works. So...
    So it sounds like there might be a new Young Avengers book. If Wiccan and Hulkling get sent back to Young Avengers I don't know if they'll ever get to move on from "young" status.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

No questions about the LGBT solo were picked for the AiC.

But there are more titles coming up! I completely expected a new All New Marvel Now in January or so.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I'm actually OK with it being an obvious prosthetic. The design of her current leg doesn't resemble real-world prosthetic legs, of course, but hey, it's a superhero world. It should have a sleek, sexy design, but I don't think I'd make it look too close to a real leg.
    Agreed. I definitely prefer seeing disability displayed such as US Agent, Karma, Xavier, Agent Venom and Hellion than... say... over Winter Soldier, where it's barely a disability. The whole point of having someone who is so obviously missing a limb is for representation and exploration of disability; and prosthetic are fine (just not ones that actually work BETTER than the limb actually did). When it's too perfectly replaced it feels like a giant cop-out. Like having an LGBT character that never actually comments they are LGBT (*cough* Ewing's Loki / Hickman's Stonewall *cough*); you can't have your cake and eat it too. I don't want "weak sauce" disable heroes, that's no form of diversity, and a poor excuse for representation.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 07-15-2016 at 04:29 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I'd be cool with an LGBT Venom, but I'm highly skeptical that that's what will happen.
    It actually wouldn't surprise me. So many of the flagship characters have been replaced by minority heroes. Surely our community is next up in line?

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    (*cough* Ewing's Loki / Hickman's Stonewall *cough*)
    Any writer Mystique.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    No questions about the LGBT solo were picked for the AiC.
    Oh for ****'s sake, CBR. "Hey, we got four different posters asking questions related to LGBT representation in Now. Should we ask Axel about that?"

"Nah! That's not important! Let's ask about Liefeld's graphic novel!"

Queer! Representation! Is! Important! Now's LGBT representation is just plain shitty. So why can you not ask Marvel about that? Why can you not ask, "Hey, Axel, will there be a solo launching by the end of the year with an LGBT character as the lead?" Is that difficult to ask? I mean, when you don't ask, it makes me wonder if it's because Axel told you not to ask. And that makes me wonder if Marvel doesn't have plans for better LGBT representation. It makes me think that, maybe, you're so intent on sucking up to Axel that you're not willing to challenge him on Marvel's piss-poor LGBT representation. Is that what's going on here, CBR? Do you know full well that Marvel's not planning on improving their LGBT representation, but you don't want to rock the boat by calling them on it?

ASK! MARVEL! ABOUT! LGBT! REPRESENTATION!

Disappointed but not surprised that the subject wasn't brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    It actually wouldn't surprise me. So many of the flagship characters have been replaced by minority heroes. Surely our community is next up in line?
    I don't know if Venom is a "flagship character". It's really annoying to have sit and wait our turn for our community to be next in line, people have been waiting for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Disappointed but not surprised that the subject wasn't brought up.
    My thoughts exactly.

Tis a shame but I won't give up hope. DC has been steadily trying to make some of their gay heroes more prominent from Alan Scott in Earth 2, Midnighter solo (and upcoming Midnighter/Apollo mini) and Batwoman continuing her large presence in the batbooks so I expect Marvel to get on it soon as well. *crosses fingers*

Honestly though there aren't that many LGBT characters I can see, at the moment, headlining a solo. Maybe Wiccan or America? Of course the argument could be made for any character to get a solo book depending on the story. Three of the mercs did get books afterall.
    I'd also really be down for a Shatterstar/Rictor mini of them and their shenanigans in Mojoworld or some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Tis a shame but I won't give up hope. DC has been steadily trying to make some of their gay heroes more prominent from Alan Scott in Earth 2, Midnighter solo (and upcoming Midnighter/Apollo mini) and Batwoman continuing her large presence in the batbooks so I expect Marvel to get on it soon as well. *crosses fingers*

Honestly though there aren't that many LGBT characters I can see, at the moment, headlining a solo. Maybe Wiccan or America? Of course the argument could be made for any character to get a solo book depending on the story. Three of the mercs did get books afterall.
    I'd also really be down for a Shatterstar/Rictor mini of them and their shenanigans in Mojoworld or some sort.
    Yeah, when frigging Solo gets his own title, there is no longer any excuse for LGBT characters not getting shots. Solo is a shitty '90s anti-hero that no one has ever given a damn about. If Marvel's willing to take a chance on him, then they can damned well take a chance on Ms. America, or Wiccan, or Moondragon, or Iceman, or any of their other LGBT characters.

I also had an idea today for a trans man to become the next Black Widow. Maybe, when he was still identified as female, he was a product of the Red Room, or an unauthorized off-shoot of it, or whatever. He got away, and has since begun to present as male.

Part of the reason I like the idea is actually because female characters seldom have male legacies. It'd be cool to see a male hero directly inspired by a female hero. I think it would send a powerful message, that female heroes are heroes for everyone. And, of course, Marvel desperately needs trans heroes.

So, yeah, that's what I'd like to see.