View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 498 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 398448488494495496497498499500501502508548598998 ... LastLast
Results 7,456 to 7,470 of 16973
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I'd rather see it as a ménage à trois: Toni, POD and Aikku.
    ... Aren't Pod and Aikku the same person? Now you're just being confusing. :P
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I know this is off topic but this thread gets a lot more traffic than the LGBT community thread, so I'm going to ask it here too. What do people here think about Laverne Cox playing Dr. Frank N Furter in the upcoming Rocky Horror live play? I ask because I recently watched the trailer for it and a lot of people seem pretty dissatisfied with her in the role.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 07-22-2016 at 11:18 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The nameless lady in Karma's bed got shown in one background panel and never seen again, then Karma's single over in Liu's Astonishing run. Pretty sure she was a one-nighter.
    Might you know what title and issue that scene was depicted in?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I know this is off topic but this thread gets a lot more traffic than the LGBT community thread, so I'm going to ask it here too. What do people here think about Laverne Cox playing Dr. Frank N Furter in the upcoming Rocky Horror live play? I ask because I recently watched the trailer for it and a lot of people seem pretty dissatisfied with her in the role.
    While, Frank N. Furter isn't remotely human -- perhaps, it's because she's not white like Tim Curry?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 07-22-2016 at 11:27 AM.

I'm a long-time lover of Rocky Horror, and I for one am looking forward to it. I suspected a lot of people will be dissatisfied with her, but that was bound to happen no matter who they got. Tim Curry made that role so iconic it’s going to be near impossible for anyone to match it on the same level, but from what I have seen I think Laverne can do it justice. In the end we will just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Might you know what title and issue that scene was depicted in?
    Uncanny X-Men #508.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    I'm a long-time lover of Rocky Horror, and I for one am looking forward to it. I suspected a lot of people will be dissatisfied with her, but that was bound to happen no matter who they got. Tim Curry made that role so iconic it’s going to be near impossible for anyone to match it on the same level, but from what I have seen I think Laverne can do it justice. In the end we will just have to wait and see.
    Well I'm glad to hear that someone who is a big fan of the original is looking forward to it. A lot of people say that Laverne shouldn't play the role because she's transgender and the character is a transvestite, but the movie says that Frank N Furter is "a sweet transvestite from transsexual Transylvania" so I guess the question is if the character is supposed to be a transvestite (a cross-dresser) or if the character is transgender.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 07-22-2016 at 12:04 PM.

BANNED

Well I'm glad to hear that someone who is a big fan of the original is looking forward to it. A lot of people say that Laverne shouldn't play the role because she's transgender and the character is a transvestite, but the movie says that Frank N Furter is "a sweet transvestite from transsexual Transylvania" so I guess the question is if the character is supposed to be a transvestite (a cross-dresser) or if the character is transgender.
    Being that Frank N Furter wasn't an Earthling -- for all we know it was a giant, intelligent, shape-shifting, Space Amoeba...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 07-22-2016 at 02:00 PM.

Decided on Namor.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

On Iceman dating: I will never stop arguing in favour of him having a flirtatious thing with a cute barista named Zack. Because, dammit, I want the homage to Bobby and Zelda from the original series.

Anyway, the World of Wakanda announcement has me very excited. It's not technically a solo, but the two leads are queer women. Queer women of colour, to boot. And it's written by a queer black woman! There is so much to be excited about there! The Midnight Angels have been hands-down, my favourite part of Black Panther, so to see the two get their own spin-off is fantastic news. Marvel needs to do a lot more to hype this book, because it is legitimately a Big Frigging Deal. A queer black woman is writing a series focused on two queer black women! This is huge! And it makes me really, really happy to see.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Decided on Namor.

Can't resist the attention, eh?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Can't resist the attention, eh?
    He did it because he already had the costume. :P
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

A pretty good write-up here that I read a while ago.

All that, plus rebooting original pieces that have any substantial following is commonly met with...apprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    A pretty good write-up here that I read a while ago.

All that, plus rebooting original pieces that have any substantial following is commonly met with...apprehension.
    That article did raise some good points.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Decided on Namor.

Damn, that is a very good look on you!

Yaaaaaaaaay! Literally can't wait! We gave marvel guff about not having an LGBT lead and now this! This is wonderful.

I know sometimes it feels like the modern world is going badly but we really do live in interesting times