View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 499 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 399449489495496497498499500501502503509549599999 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 16972

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    A pretty good write-up here that I read a while ago.

All that, plus rebooting original pieces that have any substantial following is commonly met with...apprehension.
    Especially when women or people of colour are involved. I don't envy Cox for the bile she's going to get hit with, though the fact that it's nothing new to her might be even more tragic to think about.

But I want to express disappointment at the fact that we're not talking about World of Wakanda! Guys. This is a comic, written by a queer black woman, focusing on two queer black women. This is something worth talking about, and getting excited about. Ayo and Aneka have been my favourite part of Black Panther, so to see them get more focus makes me immensely happy. And while it's not technically a solo, it's pretty close to being one. So Marvel does have an LGBT sorta-solo in Now! And it's written by a queer black woman! More creator diversity!

I'm really happy about this.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

My excitement for World of Wakanda is tempered by the fact that I'm not a fan of the BP universe and also that the Midnight Angels are only one half of this story. They lumped the LGBT title in with a presumable straight lead on their other story. :/
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    My excitement for World of Wakanda is tempered by the fact that I'm not a fan of the BP universe and also that the Midnight Angels are only one half of this story. They lumped the LGBT title in with a presumable straight lead on their other story. :/
    What do you mean? They seem to be the focus. People were actually complaining the BP book wasn't about T'Challa enough, so they probably decided to divide the book..

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    What do you mean? They seem to be the focus. People were actually complaining the BP book wasn't about T'Challa enough, so they probably decided to divide the book..
    It's two different stories, one featuring the lesbian couple and another featuring another character.

But I mean I haven't read Black Panther so if I'm wrong about her please let me know.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Ayo and Aneka do still get the lead story, though, with a back-up focusing on the other woman. Who's also pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Ayo and Aneka do still get the lead story, though, with a back-up focusing on the other woman. Who's also pretty cool.
    The way the article is written - and honestly this might be because I didn't read the CBR article - it made it seem like both writers are lead writers and that the stories would be half and half.

But again, this is also paired with the fact that the Black Panther corner of the MU isn't really my thing in the first place.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    But I want to express disappointment at the fact that we're not talking about World of Wakanda! Guys. This is a comic, written by a queer black woman, focusing on two queer black women. This is something worth talking about, and getting excited about. Ayo and Aneka have been my favourite part of Black Panther, so to see them get more focus makes me immensely happy. And while it's not technically a solo, it's pretty close to being one. So Marvel does have an LGBT sorta-solo in Now! And it's written by a queer black woman! More creator diversity!

I'm really happy about this.
    There would have been a bigger reaction to the news about World of Wakanda, but someone distracted us. I guess I'm not too surprised that Aneka and Ayo are going to get more focus in another book, but the fact that they're getting a queer black women to write it is really impressive and pleasantly surprising.

Yeah, I'm not that exited by it either. Much like Endsong, Black Panther and his corner of the MU does little for me.
    It's nice that they do an LGBT series, but I wish they'd use characters I give a damn about. Same problem with Angela which was clearly a lesbian love story no matter what Alonso said, but I can't stand the character.
    If they do more lesbian books, how about bringing back Phyla-Vell?

So this whole Inhumans vs. X-Men thing was inevitable but I wonder if they're going to kill-off some characters during this? They better not kill Iceman or any other LGBT characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    So this whole Inhumans vs. X-Men thing was inevitable but I wonder if they're going to kill-off some characters during this? They better not kill Iceman or any other LGBT characters.
    Jeen is there, you could actually expect some new LGBTQ thanks to her fairly intrusive telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Jeen is there, you could actually expect some new LGBTQ thanks to her fairly intrusive telepathy
    I can't speak for any other LGBT people on this site but I personally find it extremely offensive whenever someone "jokes" about Jean "making" Iceman gay.

I can't speak for any other LGBT people on this site but I personally find it extremely offensive whenever someone "jokes" about Jean "making" Iceman gay.
    I was about to log in specifically just to say "Can you please not?" because it makes me uncomfortable, yeah.

I mean this wasn't a choice that I made, this is just who I am and implying that it's not is far from cool.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Not what actually happened. Jean has never "made" anyone gay. Never happened. Jean has never used her telepathy in order to change someone's sexuality. That is not what happened in the story.

Jean Grey is my favorite character, and making more people gay is one of the best things that could happen to the world, so I'm proud.

BANNED

It's not a Joke, and I think it was left ambiguous. I always found weird that Iceman would repress that for so long and "psychiatric" expert Jean would figure out, I think it'd been better handled if Emma would've done it, specially the part about "full gay", Jean is from a different time, I don't think she had the knowledge nor the experience about determining if someone is actually gay. Bendis should've been more clear with that scene instead of "Bobby, you're gay..."
    Also sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intention and I'll always support more LGBTQ characters in comics
    Last edited by somacula; 07-23-2016 at 08:56 PM.