View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 500 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4004504904964974984995005015025035045105506001000 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    It's not a Joke, and I think it was left ambiguous. I always found weird that Iceman would repress that for so long and "psychiatric" expert Jean would figure out, I think it'd been better handled if Emma would've done it, specially the part about "full gay", Jean is from a different time, I don't think she had the knowledge nor the experience about determining if someone is actually gay. Bendis should've been more clear with that scene instead of "Bobby, you're gay..."
    Also sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intention and I'll always support more LGBTQ characters in comics
    It wasn't ambiguous. You're reading in ambiguity that isn't there. She didn't make him gay. That's not what happened. That wasn't Bendis' intent, it's not how the scene played out, it's not what happened.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    It wasn't ambiguous. You're reading in ambiguity that isn't there. She didn't make him gay. That's not what happened. That wasn't Bendis' intent, it's not how the scene played out, it's not what happened.
    My opinions are not facts, just opinions

My opinions are not facts, just opinions
    Yeah, but Iceman being gay and not Jean "making" him that are facts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, but Iceman being gay and not Jean "making" him that are facts.
    I never said that Iceman wasn't gay, I just think his outing was poorly handled and done by the worst possible character one could think of. He's gay (or full gay as Jeen said, does that mean anything?) and nothing is gonna change that

I never said that Iceman wasn't gay, I just think his outing was poorly handled and done by the worst possible character one could think of. He's gay (or full gay as Jeen said, does that mean anything?) and nothing is gonna change that
    She said that because he said maybe he was bi.

BANNED

Who do you think would have been the best possible character one could have though of then?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Who do you think would have been the best possible character one could have though of then?
    Doc samson or Ashley Kafka

BANNED

Being that Bobby knows neither personally, wouldn't that imply that he needed licensed psychiatric treatment?

Of course, both of them were dead at the time.

BANNED

Being that Bobby knows neither personally, wouldn't that imply that he needed licensed psychiatric treatment?
    The last ditch option is Emma Frost, but you gotta go with her under your own risk

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I can't speak for any other LGBT people on this site but I personally find it extremely offensive whenever someone "jokes" about Jean "making" Iceman gay.
    Ditto, it's not funny and incredibly inappropriate for this APPRECIATION thread And people who post such are not allies (and its delusional to think otherwise).
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 07-24-2016 at 03:53 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

I must admit, it does ruffle my fur when I read statements like "marvel made iceman gay". For reasons that really ought to be obvious right now

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I must admit, it does ruffle my fur when I read statements like "marvel made iceman gay". For reasons that really ought to be obvious right now
    Unless I missed it no one is saying Marvel made Bobby gay -- they're blaming Jean Grey.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 07-24-2016 at 06:24 AM.

Unless I missed it no one is saying Marvel made Bobby gay -- they're blaming Jean Grey.
    If your sole purpose IN AN APPRECIATION THREAD is knocking the outing of an LGBT character, you should stop posting in this thread....
    #truthBOMBofLOVE
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    There would have been a bigger reaction to the news about World of Wakanda, but someone distracted us. I guess I'm not too surprised that Aneka and Ayo are going to get more focus in another book, but the fact that they're getting a queer black women to write it is really impressive and pleasantly surprising.
    Yeah it's annoying to see people underselling or downplaying that.