View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 502 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 24024524924984995005015025035045055065125526021002 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 16971

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I'm worried that Wiccan and Hulkling will end up in that heavily politicized Occupy Avengers book, that's not what I want at all. I always liked those characters for being relatable and easy to connect to, turning them into radical political mouthpieces would ruin that for me.
    I think it's very unlikely that they'll join that team. The one thing we know about the team members is that none of them have powers. I really doubt they'll depower both of them so they can join a team like this.

BANNED

I'm worried that Wiccan and Hulkling will end up in that heavily politicized Occupy Avengers book, that's not what I want at all. I always liked those characters for being relatable and easy to connect to, turning them into radical political mouthpieces would ruin that for me.
    This days plenty of marvel comics have the political agendas of the writers taking priority over the plot or quality. Is there any indication that Wiccan or hulking will be there? And anyways how long have they been missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think it's very unlikely that they'll join that team. The one thing we know about the team members is that none of them have powers. I really doubt they'll depower both of them so they can join a team like this.
    Oh yeah? Maybe we'll get Prodigy in that one, then. I wouldn't mind seeing Walker have a chance at writing David.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    This days plenty of marvel comics have the political agendas of the writers taking priority over the plot or quality. Is there any indication that Wiccan or hulking will be there? And anyways how long have they been missing?
    It's just a guess, since they don't seem to be in anything else. Except for future Wiccan in that Doctor Strange book. But present day Billy and Teddy are absent from all other books and OA only has one character announced (Hawkeye). So I think that unless there's a secret Young Avengers or Wiccan/Hulkling series in the works, OA is where they're likely to end up. Or they're being shelved temporarily. I don't know which is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    They aren't missing.
    They just haven't shown up in any of the upcoming "all new yadda yadda" titles etc, post New Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Oh really? I didn't know that about that series. I haven't been paying much attention to Marvel lately so I missed that.

There's still the question of where Wiccan/Hulkling will show up next though. Even though I'm frustrated with Marvel at the moment, I'd still be the first person to read a new Young Avengers series. But I wouldn't mind if they added new members to the roster and left out characters like MAC and Kate Bishop who are doing just fine elsewhere.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Save some worry for new Giant Man since Astonishing Ant-Man is ending in October.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

By simply being openly gay characters, and one of the very few gay couples in superhero comics, their mere presence in a book is already considered "political" to some. And let's be real; they're both young, proudly gay millennials in today's society, it's not very likely that they'd be conservative, so if they do show up in socially-liberal book I don't expect it to change much about them or their reputation anyway.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Save some worry for new Giant Man since Astonishing Ant-Man is ending in October.
    I hope Ewing keep using him in his titles, even if it's as a supporting character, until someone put him in a official team, since he seems to like writing him. At least he's doing better than new Quasar or Red Widow, who have showed up just once.
    Everything Lives!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    By simply being openly gay characters, and one of the very few gay couples in superhero comics, their mere presence in a book is already considered "political" to some. And let's be real; they're both young, proudly gay millennials in today's society, it's not very likely that they'd be conservative, so if they do show up in socially-liberal book I don't expect it to change much about them or their reputation anyway.
    Well most of their stories so far have been focused on their personal lives and relationships, and on superhero stuff. You could say they are politicized characters just because of their existence, but not really beyond that.

And I'm a young queer millennial as well and I'd rather read about Billy and Teddys crime fighting adventures and relationships than see them delivering radical political commentary. Modern politics are really ugly and cynical, it's not a situation I want to see those characters in.

Well most of their stories so far have been focused on their personal lives and relationships, and on superhero stuff. You could say they are politicized characters just because of their existence, but not really beyond that.

And I'm a young queer millennial as well and I'd rather read about Billy and Teddys crime fighting adventures and relationships than see them delivering radical political commentary. Modern politics are really ugly and cynical, it's not a situation I want to see those characters in.
    Well we still don't even know if they'll be in that book, and do we even know if Occupy Avengers is going to be "radically political"?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Well we still don't even know if they'll be in that book, and do we even know if Occupy Avengers is going to be "radically political"?
    Well, from what i have understood, it's like the superhero equivalent of Occupy Wall Street.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, from what i have understood, it's like the superhero equivalent of Occupy Wall Street.
    Than I guess it mostly depends on what your opinion of "radical" is. Oh and how many years late are Marvel for addressing the "occupy" movement now?

I just had a thought; with Thor: Ragnarok apparently taking elements from Planet Hulk I wonder if Korg and/or Hiroim might make an appearance? It's not like I expect to see them in a relationship but I do wonder if they might make a cameo, there was already a Kronan (the alien species that Korg is) in Thor: The Dark World.

I was just talking to Endsong, and you know what would be a great idea?

Ultimate-verse Jessica Drew as Black Widow's legacy replacement. She's perfect. And would finally represent us as a gay legacy hero.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella