View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 503 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 34034534934995005015025035045055065075135536031003 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 16971

As someone who is kinda new to the comic world. (As of now I mostly only watched the Marvel shows and movies) It would be interesting to see the list of LGBT characters with their specific LGBT identities. Like, are they gay, bi, trans, ect. I can see you already put a lot of work into the list already and that's really cool. But I was interested to see which, if any, characters were transgender and that list didn't tell me that. :P

Lol, oh well. As for my favorite LGBT character I know of, I would probably go with Deadpool.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Raven View Post
    As someone who is kinda new to the comic world. (As of now I mostly only watched the Marvel shows and movies) It would be interesting to see the list of LGBT characters with their specific LGBT identities. Like, are they gay, bi, trans, ect. I can see you already put a lot of work into the list already and that's really cool. But I was interested to see which, if any, characters were transgender and that list didn't tell me that. :P

Lol, oh well. As for my favorite LGBT character I know of, I would probably go with Deadpool.
    Only one i can think of is Sera, she's Angela girlfriend who only shows up in her solos.
    Everything Lives!

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    Only one i can think of is Sera, she's Angela girlfriend who only shows up in her solos.
    I would say Sera as well. But it depends on how people feel about a characters transition being caused by magic, and not by gender-confirmation surgery like in real life, I guess.

Also, welcome to the community!

And Tong! Don't forget Tong!

Never forget Tong.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    And Tong! Don't forget Tong!

Never forget Tong.

Yes, Sera and Tong are the only confirmed trans characters that I know of, I honestly did forget about Tong.

The first character that came to my mind was Xavin from the Runaways. How you classify him/her is up to you because he/she was a character that helped explore gender fluidity. Xavin was introduced as a straight male Skrull that was betrothed to Karolina Dean, a Majesdanian, in an effort to bring peace to the two warring races. In order to win her affection he decided to shape-shift into a female for her since she admitted to being a lesbian. Although Xav was often portrayed as female she did change into a male form from time to time. Karolina and Xav eventually fell in love but then she sacrificed her freedom for Karolina's, was taken off-planet by the Majesdanians, and we haven't seen her since. I thought Xavin's introduction was very forward thinking at the time and her story was beautifully done. Definitely one of the best characters from that series.
    Last edited by a moment closer; 07-26-2016 at 08:51 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Save some worry for new Giant Man since Astonishing Ant-Man is ending in October.
    Ewing has already used him a few times in ULTIMATES, so it is entirely possible he'll end up getting recruited into that team once ANT-MAN ends.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Well we still don't even know if they'll be in that book, and do we even know if Occupy Avengers is going to be "radically political"?
    Not really. All we know so far is that it will feature Clint Barton and a group of non-powered Avengers (which is a very small list of candidates if they are using established Avengers) dealing with more street-level threats across the country. Aside from the fact that the title evokes the "Occupy Wall Street" movement, I have not yet seen any indication that there is anything political about the book.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I would say Sera as well. But it depends on how people feel about a characters transition being caused by magic, and not by gender-confirmation surgery like in real life, I guess.
    The sticking point there would probably be less by what means a trans person chooses to have their body conform to their gender identity (if at all), than whether or not it's a choice. I haven't seen much objection to magical alteration as a valid path for a trans character who has it available, even though it's not an option IRL. The issue tends to be when writers change the sex of a cis character by magic, mind-swaps, etc. a la "Wanda" Langkowski and someone tries to claim it's trans representation.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I was just talking to Endsong, and you know what would be a great idea?

Ultimate-verse Jessica Drew as Black Widow's legacy replacement. She's perfect. And would finally represent us as a gay legacy hero.
    Speaking of this conversation.

Official poll to change Karolina Dean's codename to Rainbow Bright.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Oh cool! Thanks guys.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The sticking point there would probably be less by what means a trans person chooses to have their body conform to their gender identity (if at all), than whether or not it's a choice. I haven't seen much objection to magical alteration as a valid path for a trans character who has it available, even though it's not an option IRL. The issue tends to be when writers change the sex of a cis character by magic, mind-swaps, etc. a la "Wanda" Langkowski and someone tries to claim it's trans representation.
    Ok, yeah that sounds like a much better assessment.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Speaking of this conversation.

Official poll to change Karolina Dean's codename to Rainbow Bright.
    You want Ms. Dean to take her girlfriend's (Julie Power/Lightspeed) nickname as her own....??

I was just looking at this link here: https://unicornbooty.com/why-did-mar...der-superhero/

And yeah, regardless of whether it was through the use of magic or not, it doesn't change whether or not the person is trans. It sounds like Sera has always seen herself as female, that is what it means to be trans, not the way you transition.

Astonishing Member

Just to let those know that there's a brief YA Reunion within CW II: CHOOSING SIDES #3........that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Just to let those know that there's a brief YA Reunion within CW II: CHOOSING SIDES #3........that's all.
    I read it! It was super cute. I wish Tommy was there though, I feel baited, cause he was on the cover.