View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 51 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455611011515511051 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions of LGBTQ comics to look into?
    I would recommend Peter Milligan's Enigma, an 8-issue miniseries published by Vertigo in the mid 90s.

So, since Avengers #34.1 didn't out Hyperion, I suspect we're going to get another Secret Warriors situation. Which will be idiotic.

Hi. I need to keep track to LGBT character in Marvel. Currently, who's LGBT character that already dating and who's still single?

Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post
    Hi. I need to keep track to LGBT character in Marvel. Currently, who's LGBT character that already dating and who's still single?
    Wiccan and Hulkling, of course, are in a committed relationship. Julie Power and Karolina Dean are dating. Northstar is married to Kyle Jinadu. Rictor and Shatterstar, when last seen, were dating. Bling! might be dating Mercury; Mercury did at least seem to agree to going on a date. Miss America did go on a date with a girl recently, and it seemed to be going well, though it wasn't shown on-panel.

Other than that, all the characters named in the original post are either single or dead, or simply don't have their relationship status known.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Wiccan and Hulkling, of course, are in a committed relationship. Julie Power and Karolina Dean are dating. Northstar is married to Kyle Jinadu. Rictor and Shatterstar, when last seen, were dating. Bling! might be dating Mercury; Mercury did at least seem to agree to going on a date. Miss America did go on a date with a girl recently, and it seemed to be going well, though it wasn't shown on-panel.

Other than that, all the characters named in the original post are either single or dead, or simply don't have their relationship status known.
    Thank you!

Maybe some of them still single because they're busy "crime-fighting".

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

America's date with a civilian made me a little worried. I always get concerned about superhero/nonsuperhero romances. I just feel like the powered lifestyle conflicts so much with what most people want out of a relationship that only another superhero could make it work with any of our valiant protagonists.

(*aggressively ships Xavin and America*)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    America's date with a civilian made me a little worried. I always get concerned about superhero/nonsuperhero romances. I just feel like the powered lifestyle conflicts so much with what most people want out of a relationship that only another superhero could make it work with any of our valiant protagonists.

Agreed. Although I vigorously ship Peter x Mary Jane as an exception to that rule, lol.

Not Xavin and Karolina? :-o

http://arzeno.deviantart.com/art/Kar...avin-302246050

Others in this series include:

http://arzeno.deviantart.com/art/Sha...ctor-302246245

http://arzeno.deviantart.com/art/Wic...ling-302246407
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

From my experience as comic book reader, if you are civilian, never date superhero. You are going to get killed to fuel your lover manpain. I think Northstar is the only gay superhero that date and married civilian. Or there's more??? Idk.
    Superhero/civilian can be interesting dynamic, but the angst oh...

Superhero thought: "Oh, no! For 2023926 my nemesis kidnap my lover. All I do is put s/he in danger. What should I do? Should I break up?"
    Civilian thought: "I keep being a burden for my lover. I feel useless."
    Last edited by Kencana; 09-10-2014 at 09:05 PM.

Thank you!

Maybe some of them still single because they're busy "crime-fighting".
    And others are single because no writer wants to bother with the character. Poor Karma.

On the other hand, I think having a non-superhero partner can actually also be a bit of a benefit. It gives a superhero a chance to relax. To forget, for just a little while, about all the crap they go through. To be a normal person. It's harder to do that when you're dating another superhero, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Agreed. Although I vigorously ship Peter x Mary Jane as an exception to that rule, lol.

Not Xavin and Karolina? :-o
    Peter and MJ are a perfect example of what I talked about above. Peter Parker needs to get away from Spider-Man. He needs that reprieve. That's why I am opposed to Peter having a romantic relationship with another superhero - it would be a disaster for him. When you put your life on the line every day, it's hugely valuable to be able to go home and forget all that.

And the problem with Xavin and Karolina is that Karolina and Julie make such an adorable couple. They have matching rainbows that is so cute!

From my experience as comic book reader, if you are civilian, never date superhero. You are going to get killed to fuel your lover manpain. I think Northstar is the only gay superhero that date and married civilian. Or there's more??? Idk.
    Superhero/civilian can be interesting dynamic, but the angst oh...

Superhero thought: "Oh, no! For 2023926 my nemesis kidnap my lover. All I do is put s/he in danger. What should I do? Should I break up?"
    Civilian thought: "I keep being a burden for my lover. I feel useless."
    I feel like there's been a bit of a move away from that, or at least to balance it a bit better. Love interests are generally allowed to be more useful to the hero than they used to be.

And others are single because no writer wants to bother with the character. Poor Karma.
    There should be an all LGBT X-Men team tho. Let's see gay people support each other. And maybe they can act as wingman or wingwoman to Karma.

I feel like there's been a bit of a move away from that, or at least to balance it a bit better. Love interests are generally allowed to be more useful to the hero than they used to be.
    Yeah. That's what I noticed. At least, love interest as "damsel-in-distress" trope have been decreased. Rescuing the one you love is romantic as long as it's not overdone.

On the other hand, I think having a non-superhero partner can actually also be a bit of a benefit. It gives a superhero a chance to relax. To forget, for just a little while, about all the crap they go through. To be a normal person. It's harder to do that when you're dating another superhero, I think.
    Yeah. Someone already wrote an essay about superheroes dating another civillians. The key is trust.

I want LGBT superheroes to have story arc as varied and complex as straight one. There are superheroes that date another superhero. There are superheroes that date a civilian. There are superheroes that... have a "thing" with a villain/anti-hero. Is this trope have been explored yet? A gay/bi superhero paired with a villain/anti-hero that have a chance of redemption.
    Last edited by Kencana; 09-11-2014 at 12:06 AM.

So, since Avengers #34.1 didn't out Hyperion, I suspect we're going to get another Secret Warriors situation. Which will be idiotic.
    Does Hickman ever include LGBT character in his non-Marvel work (or is this becoming a pattern?)

MARRIED
    Northstar & Kyle

LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP
    Wiccan & Hulkling
    Rictor & Shatterstar

DATING
    Karolina Dean & Lightspeed
    Bling! & Mercury
    MAC & human girlfriend

img]http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/145/2/f/2fe2562266db8c44f50badfaa707f2c3-d4zy6jm.jpg[/img]

I really need to get my ass in gear and contact the artist. I'd love for an updated group (which has Julie Powers, MAC, Destiny, Bling! and Fantomex in it) -- and Storm... mwwwhahahaha!

And the problem with Xavin and Karolina is that Karolina and Julie make such an adorable couple. They have matching rainbows that is so cute!
    YES! 'Lina and Jules are super, ultra, cute. And I just love that their flirtation began looooong ago in the original Runaways series under BKV.

Additionally, I'm on board with Time Like Lightning.
    Two otherworldly Princess refugees, heroing side by side -- each intrinsically tied to a member of the Young Avengers' power couple -- America to Billy and Xavin to Teddy. LOOOOOVE.

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Xaverica gives me life.

Fokken, I love that, especially Xavin's new 'do. I haven't seen any of your art in awhile, do you have a blog/Tumblr with fun updates?
    Last edited by Time Like Lightning; 09-11-2014 at 08:28 AM.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Xaverica gives me life.

Fokken, I love that, especially Xavin's new 'do. I haven't seen any of your art in awhile, do you have a blog/Tumblr with fun updates?
    I have no such sites, unfortunately. Just my web page that hasn't been updated since last year I believe. Wump wump.
    Thanks for the compliment on Xavin's hair. I love it.
    In my mind, she fluctuates between that swirly ice cream doo and some serious dreadlocks to wave around -- like Cipher from the Young X-Men.

I love Ricstar. And Shattybuns got some nice Shattybuns in that pic. Woof.