View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 52 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556621021525521052 ... LastLast

Speaking of Rictor & Shatterstar, I finally got to Shatterstar's intro in X-Factor vol. 3. Right after trying to kill Rictor (while possessed) he kissed him. Cannot wait to see how Ric & Star's relationship develops throughout the series.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Does Hickman ever include LGBT character in his non-Marvel work (or is this becoming a pattern?)

I really need to get my ass in gear and contact the artist. I'd love for an updated group (which has Julie Powers, MAC, Destiny, Bling! and Fantomex in it) -- and Storm... mwwwhahahaha!
    Hahaha, go for it! :-D And then please, do share. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Peter and MJ are a perfect example of what I talked about above. Peter Parker needs to get away from Spider-Man. He needs that reprieve. That's why I am opposed to Peter having a romantic relationship with another superhero - it would be a disaster for him. When you put your life on the line every day, it's hugely valuable to be able to go home and forget all that.

And the problem with Xavin and Karolina is that Karolina and Julie make such an adorable couple. They have matching rainbows that is so cute!
    You're right, he's a normal guy, he needs that break from the crime-fighting, that chance to be normal part-time.

And you're right, they ARE so adorbs. Matching rainbows ftw! Haha. ^.^

Tumblr seems to think so, too. ;-)

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

And others are single because no writer wants to bother with the character. Poor Karma.
    #justiceforxian

And the problem with Xavin and Karolina is that Karolina and Julie make such an adorable couple. They have matching rainbows that is so cute!
    Sooooooooooooo CUTE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post
    There should be an all LGBT X-Men team tho. Let's see gay people support each other. And maybe they can act as wingman or wingwoman to Karma.
    Well Young Avengers was pretty close to that; only Kate was straight (and she's not that straight ). Your best bet of getting another mostly LGBT team would be an X-books.

I want LGBT superheroes to have story arc as varied and complex as straight one. There are superheroes that date another superhero. There are superheroes that date a civilian. There are superheroes that... have a "thing" with a villain/anti-hero. Is this trope have been explored yet? A gay/bi superhero paired with a villain/anti-hero that have a chance of redemption.
    Agreed. I'd love to see an LGBT hero have a fling with an LGBT villains. I'd also like to see an LGBT character sleeping around/just enjoying sex (Striker would be a good choice, or even Cullen).

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    Xaverica gives me life.
    You know... you have all convinced me. I now LOVE this pairing!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    In my mind, she fluctuates between that swirly ice cream doo and some serious dreadlocks to wave around -- like Cipher from the Young X-Men.
    I adore Cipher! Very excited Wood brought her back into the fold.

Additionally, I'm on board with Time Like Lightning.
    Two otherworldly Princess refugees, heroing side by side -- each intrinsically tied to a member of the Young Avengers' power couple -- America to Billy and Xavin to Teddy. LOOOOOVE.
    Beautifully put!

I would like to point out that we currently have no evidence to support that Tommy (Billy's brother Speed) is anything but heterosexual.

So the Young Avengers has TWO straight members, until proven otherwise.
    Kate and Tommy.

Agreed. I'd love to see an LGBT hero have a fling with an LGBT villains. I'd also like to see an LGBT character sleeping around/just enjoying sex (Striker would be a good choice, or even Cullen).
    Oh, oh! Have you, by any chance, seen that incredibly cheesy film D.E.B.S. (2004)?

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

There should be an all LGBT X-Men team tho. Let's see gay people support each other. And maybe they can act as wingman or wingwoman to Karma.
    At least for an arc, maybe. They could all go to a Queer Alliance thing and get caught up in some crazy adventure. You'd have Karma as the leader and semi-telepath. Northstar as second-in-command and speedster. Anole for stealth, and he's also good at close combat. Bling! for invulnerability. Rictor for heavy destruction. Shatterstar for slicing people up. Prodigy as strategist.

Maybe Jennifer Kale could be at the Queer Alliance meeting, too, and Karma could hit it off with her. Though I suppose Jennifer's very much a Florida-based hero. She needs to stay near the Nexus of Reality.

Does Hickman ever include LGBT character in his non-Marvel work (or is this becoming a pattern?)
    I have no idea. I haven't read any of his non-Marvel work.

I would like to point out that we currently have no evidence to support that Tommy (Billy's brother Speed) is anything but heterosexual.
    Kate and Tommy.
    Hmmmm... I always forget Speed. I wouldn't say no evidence. When everyone was discussing being LGBT, Kate said "am I the ONLY straight one" and Tommy didn't pipe up. And when Prodigy kissed him, his response was "woah, moving way too fast" (i.e. not "I'm straight"). But I don't see him as LGBT, truthfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Oh, oh! Have you, by any chance, seen that incredibly cheesy film D.E.B.S. (2004)?
    No, I've never even heard of it, actually. My favourite LGBT movies are Ben-Hur (1958), Brokeback Mountain (2005) and Billy Elliot (2000)

I interpreted his lack of participation in that discussion as having a short attention span.
    Additionally, his kiss with David, I read as being more dismissive due to his close association with Billy and other LGBT friends.
    I have friends who've been kissed before by other men and they don't argue "Hey I'm straight!". They ARE straight, but they don't feel it necessary to correct them when its something innocent accident. They'd just tell 'em "Hey you're not my type" or "man you move quick".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I don't know. I can't see Cullen putting up with Striker and his wanna-be-famous attitude.
    Might make for an interesting relationship though. One that in contrast to Billy and Teddy's lovey-dovey relationship has a lot more friction.
    Actually, that might be quite interesting to read.
    Striker's need-for-fame could actually be one of the things that helps draw them together, since (whether he likes it or not) Cullen IS a celebrity due to Murderworld. As you say, it could also be a source of friction--but I think it could also serve as a starting point to bring them together. And they are both 'damaged' individuals with a certain amount of emotional baggage that could perhaps give them some common ground to build from.

That said, I don't see them as the next big ongoing "couple" in the superhero community. After all, they ARE teenagers; most teenage relationships aren't the "one true love" that you're going to spend the rest of your life with (although it may feel that way at the time). But even a brief relationship between them would be a good thing--it would give Cullen a chance to get past Aiden and see that it is possible to be with someone who will return his affection; and it would give Brandon a chance to start exploring his sexuality.

Astonishing Member

Kate and Tommy.
    Assuming Speed returned to active duty with the team at the end of the series (which it appears that he did, but we have yet to see the whole team together since then) then yes we do. But in terms of who the Young Avengers roster was for the majority of the last series run, Kate was the only heterosexual member. Speed was a former member who was missing in-action.

No, I've never even heard of it, actually. My favourite LGBT movies are Ben-Hur (1958), Brokeback Mountain (2005) and Billy Elliot (2000)
    Its about lesbian secret agents, its pretty cool

I really like Brokeback Mountain, too!

*quietly: I have not seen the other two...*

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Its about lesbian secret agents, its pretty cool
    Hahaha, yeah. So long as you're okay with campy stuff.
    Prεtty Pεnny

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Striker's need-for-fame could actually be one of the things that helps draw them together, since (whether he likes it or not) Cullen IS a celebrity due to Murderworld. As you say, it could also be a source of friction--but I think it could also serve as a starting point to bring them together. And they are both 'damaged' individuals with a certain amount of emotional baggage that could perhaps give them some common ground to build from.

That said, I don't see them as the next big ongoing "couple" in the superhero community. After all, they ARE teenagers; most teenage relationships aren't the "one true love" that you're going to spend the rest of your life with (although it may feel that way at the time). But even a brief relationship between them would be a good thing--it would give Cullen a chance to get past Aiden and see that it is possible to be with someone who will return his affection; and it would give Brandon a chance to start exploring his sexuality.
    I kinda like this. Brandon using Cullen for his fame. Cullen using Brandon as a rebound. One of those couples that argue a lot and shouldn't work but they do (at least for a while). Not a "story book romance" but more of a dysfunctional couple whose arguments bring them together. I know couples like that that don't work at all on paper but somehow stay together.

Kate and Tommy.
    Tommy isn't a member of the team at the moment. Wasn't even called in the Original Sins tie in story.

So if we're counting former members than Eli, Cassie, Jonas and Iron Lad would need to count as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Agreed. Although I vigorously ship Peter x Mary Jane as an exception to that rule, lol.

Not Xavin and Karolina? :-o

http://arzeno.deviantart.com/art/Kar...avin-302246050

Others in this series include:

http://arzeno.deviantart.com/art/Sha...ctor-302246245

http://arzeno.deviantart.com/art/Wic...ling-302246407
    Great art! I love it, are there any other couples like Northstar and Kyle ?