View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 53 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657631031535531053 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Great art! I love it, are there any other couples like Northstar and Kyle ?
    Look at the very first post of this thread. It shows the pic those all come from.

My idea for an X-Men LGBTQIA Squad...

Main Squad...
    Karma (leader)
    Northstar
    Dazzler
    Anole
    Rockslide
    Pixie
    Iceman
    Bling

Reoccurring Guest Stars...
    Rictor
    Shatterstar
    Gambit
    Emma Frost

Villains... "The Outsiders"...
    Daken (leader)
    Mystique
    Destiny
    Evil Fantomex *couldn't find his color micro*
    Shinobi Shaw
    Graymalkin - sick of being ignored in the X-Men and tired of hiding
    Aurora - possessed or mind controlled

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Wait, Gambit's gay?

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Wait, Gambit's gay?
    Nope. Straight as far as we know. However, It has been noted that Asmus wanted to write him as Bisexual in his latest solo. However Marvel was against it, and so it never happened.

I can see him being bisexual, but not gay, as the whole lady killer persona is a central part of his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Agreed. I'd love to see an LGBT hero have a fling with an LGBT villains. I'd also like to see an LGBT character sleeping around/just enjoying sex (Striker would be a good choice, or even Cullen).
    Yes. There should be variety between LGBT character. An ******* anti-hero. An awkward and shy virgin tried to get laid. Or maybe a gay couple that adopt an orphaned child since they love children. Personally I think hero/villain interesting. The sexual tension... oh! As long as the villain/anti-hero have a chance of redemption since I love happy-ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Well Young Avengers was pretty close to that; only Kate was straight (and she's not that straight ). Your best bet of getting another mostly LGBT team would be an X-books.
    Yeah, and that's why I love Young Avengers. I'm still heartbroken about Kate since I'm a Kate/America fangirl. My ship has sunk

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    At least for an arc, maybe. They could all go to a Queer Alliance thing and get caught up in some crazy adventure. You'd have Karma as the leader and semi-telepath. Northstar as second-in-command and speedster. Anole for stealth, and he's also good at close combat. Bling! for invulnerability. Rictor for heavy destruction. Shatterstar for slicing people up. Prodigy as strategist.

Maybe Jennifer Kale could be at the Queer Alliance meeting, too, and Karma could hit it off with her. Though I suppose Jennifer's very much a Florida-based hero. She needs to stay near the Nexus of Reality.
    This is a good idea! I mean, isn't X-Men supposed to metaphor about prejudice? So instead of metaphor how about... *whisper slowly* put an actual marginalized group like LGBT folks?

Wait, Gambit's gay?
    Gambit, Dazzler, Emma, Pixie, Iceman, Rockslide, Aurora, and evil Fantomex are all not gay. But have been either openly gay supporters, have an gay fan base, or been questioned frequently in regards to their sexuality. In other words... they are ALLIES!

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Gambit, Dazzler, Emma, Pixie, Iceman, Rockslide, Aurora, and evil Fantomex are all not gay. But have been either openly gay supporters, have an gay fan base, or been questioned frequently in regards to their sexuality. In other words... they are ALLIES!
    The A in LGBTQIA doesn't stand for allies

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The A in LGBTQIA doesn't stand for allies
    Correct; Asexual. I never said it did.

I didn't know that they were considered allies, though I know Iceman's sexuality has been brought up several times.

I didn't know that they were considered allies, though I know Iceman's sexuality has been brought up several times.
    They more or less are. Again this is just my idea for team nothing beyond that.

Dazzler and Pixie seem to have a gay fan base.
    Iceman has been majorly questioned and debatably hinted.
    Rockslide is Anole's best friend.
    Emma had a gay brother and has openly defended gay rights.
    Aurora is Northstar's sister.
    Evil Fantomex hasn't done anything and thought he would be interesting to do something with.

But like I said it pure fan fiction.

If you ask me, Marvel's preeminent gay couple is Magneto and Professor X.

Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post
    This is a good idea! I mean, isn't X-Men supposed to metaphor about prejudice? So instead of metaphor how about... *whisper slowly* put an actual marginalized group like LGBT folks?
    They do have LGBT characters, along with members of other minorities. Truthfully, the reason I would support a story arc that has a bunch of LGBT X-Men teaming up for a mission is because I like so many of them. Karma's my third-favourite Marvel character. Anole's awesome. Northstar's awesome. Bling! is cool. There's a lot of great LGBT characters, so seeing them work together for, say, a two- or three-issue arc would be really, really cool. I don't think the concept would really be able to support itself beyond that, though I would love it if it ended with them forming a Queer Alliance at the JGS, and it getting occasionally referenced in other stories.

My idea for an X-Men LGBTQIA Squad...

Main Squad...
    Karma (leader)
    Northstar
    Dazzler
    Anole
    Rockslide
    Pixie
    Iceman
    Bling

Reoccurring Guest Stars...
    Rictor
    Shatterstar
    Gambit
    Emma Frost

Villains... "The Outsiders"...
    Daken (leader)
    Mystique
    Destiny
    Evil Fantomex *couldn't find his color micro*
    Shinobi Shaw
    Graymalkin - sick of being ignored in the X-Men and tired of hiding
    Aurora - possessed or mind controlled
    So many things to love about this!!! LOVE that Karma is the leader (she needs more respect). Love the allies like Rockslide, Dazzler, Aurora, Pixie and Emma (who I still 100% support the trans theory). And the inclusion of Gambit is awesome too. AND (like the all female team) it actually makes so much sense to have these characters on a team; works perfectly.

Wait, Gambit's gay?
    Gambit had the first LGBT kiss of Marvel comics (and I could easily see him as being bi, many writers write him with that in mind, they just don't say it).

Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post
    The X-verse has always done the best job of LGBT representation at Marvel; the comics often use very clear LGBT metaphors in their stories, plus they had the first gay wedding. I'd love to see an LGBT and allies X-team.

I see no reason why "evil" Fantomex isn't bi, like the rest of the Fantomexes. And Iceman is a total queen; and his inevitable outing is coming

If you ask me, Marvel's preeminent gay couple is Magneto and Professor X.
    HA! Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    They do have LGBT characters, along with members of other minorities. Truthfully, the reason I would support a story arc that has a bunch of LGBT X-Men teaming up for a mission is because I like so many of them. Karma's my third-favourite Marvel character. Anole's awesome. Northstar's awesome. Bling! is cool. There's a lot of great LGBT characters, so seeing them work together for, say, a two- or three-issue arc would be really, really cool. I don't think the concept would really be able to support itself beyond that, though I would love it if it ended with them forming a Queer Alliance at the JGS, and it getting occasionally referenced in other stories.
    Same here. Plus it would be cool to see an LGBT character in charge of an on-going team. I think Psylocke and Valkyrie (both questionable bisexuals) are the only LGBT team leaders I can think of on an on-going.