View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
736. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

    26 3.53%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

    12 1.63%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

    20 2.72%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

    42 5.71%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

    35 4.76%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

    39 5.30%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

    43 5.84%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

    62 8.42%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

    38 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

    108 14.67%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

    60 8.15%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

    21 2.85%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

    36 4.89%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

    46 6.25%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

    148 20.11%
Page 54 of 966 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154554 ... LastLast
Results 796 to 810 of 14486
  1. #796
    Mutant Midnighter NewMutant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    So many things to love about this!!! LOVE that Karma is the leader (she needs more respect). Love the allies like Rockslide, Dazzler, Aurora, Pixie and Emma (who I still 100% support the trans theory). And the inclusion of Gambit is awesome too. AND (like the all female team) it actually makes so much sense to have these characters on a team; works perfectly.

    Gambit had the first LGBT kiss of Marvel comics (and I could easily see him as being bi, many writers write him with that in mind, they just don't say it).


    The X-verse has always done the best job of LGBT representation at Marvel; the comics often use very clear LGBT metaphors in their stories, plus they had the first gay wedding. I'd love to see an LGBT and allies X-team.


    I see no reason why "evil" Fantomex isn't bi, like the rest of the Fantomexes. And Iceman is a total queen; and his inevitable outing is coming
    I've never heard this Emma trans theory...

  2. #797
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I've never heard this Emma trans theory...
    I wish I could remember who created it. Basically Emma IS her brother Christian. She spent time in a mental asylum (as Christian) and when she came out she had a sex change and became "his sister Emma". It helps add weight to Emma's personality when we first meet her (when she's very sexual, and man hating) as she transitions, to who she is now. Also adds emotional power to why she was cast out by her family. So basically the theory is Emma is a post-op transgender. There is more to it than that, but it's the rough gist.

  3. #798
    More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,829

    Default

    Considering Valkyrie had a relationship with Venom, I'd say that she's more than just bisexual...

  4. #799
    Mutant Midnighter NewMutant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I wish I could remember who created it. Basically Emma IS her brother Christian. She spent time in a mental asylum (as Christian) and when she came out she had a sex change and became "his sister Emma". It helps add weight to Emma's personality when we first meet her (when she's very sexual, and man hating) as she transitions, to who she is now. Also adds emotional power to why she was cast out by her family. So basically the theory is Emma is a post-op transgender. There is more to it than that, but it's the rough gist.
    Yeah... I don't buy it. Lol.

  5. #800
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Considering Valkyrie had a relationship with Venom, I'd say that she's more than just bisexual...
    I'm not following the logic...???

  6. #801
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,567

    Default

    Missed this the first time round... so Danger is LGBT?


  7. #802
    Mutant Midnighter NewMutant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Missed this the first time round... so Danger is LGBT?

    If anything bi curious.

  8. #803
    Mighty Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Correct; Asexual. I never said it did.
    There are just as many Allies as Queer X-men on your main squad there. How is it an LGBTQIA team if allies outnumber them?

  9. #804
    Mutant Midnighter NewMutant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    There are just as many Allies as Queer X-men on your main squad there. How is it an LGBTQIA team if allies outnumber them?
    The Mighty Avengers is a black Avengers team and not everyone is black. I've already stated my reasons. If they aren't in the gay community they are associated either within the comic world or through their fan base.
    Last edited by NewMutant; 09-12-2014 at 01:34 AM.

  10. #805
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The Mighty Avengers is a black Avengers team and not everyone is black. I've already stated my reasons. If they aren't in the gay community they are associated either with the comic world or through their fan base.
    Agreed! Emma, Dazzler, Rockslide, Pixie earned their ally card years ago. It would be like having an LGBT panel show with Elizabeth Taylor, Liza Minnelli and Joan Rivers on it. They fight/fort for LGBT rights (more so than plenty of LGBT people, even). They work perfectly on an LGBT X-team.

  11. #806
    Mighty Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The Mighty Avengers is a black Avengers team and not everyone is black. I've already stated my reasons. If they aren't in the gay community they are associated either within the comic world or through their fan base.
    1. The majority of the Mighty Avengers are Black. 2. The members who aren't Black include White Tiger and She-Hulk. At the moment She-Hulk is the only member of the team who is White. That's still a 6 to 2 ratio

    As long as some of the members of the team are LGBT and the rest are "Allies" then the team can count as LGBT? Then by your logic Marjorie Liu's Astonishing X-men was an LGBT team since it had Karma and Northstar and people joke that Wolverine, Gambit and Iceman are all bisexual and are at least "allies" and that Warbird was a lesbian.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Agreed! Emma, Dazzler, Rockslide, Pixie earned their ally card years ago. It would be like having an LGBT panel show with Elizabeth Taylor, Liza Minnelli and Joan Rivers on it. They fight/fort for LGBT rights (more so than plenty of LGBT people, even). They work perfectly on an LGBT X-team.
    I might give a pass for Emma or Dazzler, and even Gambit. But Rockslide and Pixie haven't really done anything other than act like decent friends to Anole

    Psylocke was actually in a relationship with Cluster. Mercury has agreed to try going out with Bling!

    There's plenty of X-men characters who have larger queer fanbases. Storm, Kitty, Rachel, Magik, Dani Moonstar, I could go on.

  12. #807
    Mutant Midnighter NewMutant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    1. The majority of the Mighty Avengers are Black. 2. The members who aren't Black include White Tiger and She-Hulk. At the moment She-Hulk is the only member of the team who is White. That's still a 6 to 2 ratio

    As long as some of the members of the team are LGBT and the rest are "Allies" then the team can count as LGBT? Then by your logic Marjorie Liu's Astonishing X-men was an LGBT team since it had Karma and Northstar and people joke that Wolverine, Gambit and Iceman are all bisexual and are at least "allies" and that Warbird was a lesbian.



    I might give a pass for Emma or Dazzler, and even Gambit. But Rockslide and Pixie haven't really done anything other than act like decent friends to Anole

    Psylocke was actually in a relationship with Cluster. Mercury has agreed to try going out with Bling!

    There's plenty of X-men characters who have larger queer fanbases. Storm, Kitty, Rachel, Magik, Dani Moonstar, I could go on.
    I don't agree with you, you don't agree with me. As previously stated its fan fiction. Let it go.

    And Liu's team as well as the Second Coming Hellbound team were the closest gay centric team we've had. Technically all the X-Men would be "allies" as the entire series is about acceptance. I picked characters that were being unused, underdeveloped, and personal favorites. Pixie is a pink fairy with a connection to Dazzler and Anole; their relationship is comparable to the Dazzler/Northstar relationship. Rockslide is the only solid oddball in the group and I added him for dynamic and power set. Most of the characters you've listed have a larger more fanbase in general. Based on your suggestions adjectiveless X-Men is already a queer team.

  13. #808
    More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I'm not following the logic...???
    Venom is half-alien, so technically, she was sleeping with an alien blob.

  14. #809
    Mighty Member krazijoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Venom is half-alien, so technically, she was sleeping with an alien blob.
    Venom is all alien...

  15. #810
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Venom is half-alien, so technically, she was sleeping with an alien blob.
    When Valkyrie slept with Flash, there was no symbiont. If you remember after the station was attacked and their room lost decompression, Flash was in real danger precisely because he was without his symbiont.



    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I might give a pass for Emma or Dazzler, and even Gambit. But Rockslide and Pixie haven't really done anything other than act like decent friends to Anole
    Rockslide helped Anole come out, and instantly reinforced him being gay with love and acceptance. Coming out is one of the hardest things, and Rockslide made it safe and easy for Anole. He also encourages him to date, and is always there for him. Plus... if you think Rockslide wouldn't beat down anyone who EVER through shade on Anole being gay, you have just not read enough Anole/Rockslide issues.



    Notice Rockslide is thrilled, and showing his support for Anole by putting his hand on his shoulder. He's a glorious ally!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    There's plenty of X-men characters who have larger queer fanbases. Storm, Kitty, Rachel, Magik, Dani Moonstar, I could go on.
    How did we forget Storm??? (though she's arguably bi, so not therefore an ally #oneofusoneofus)
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 09-12-2014 at 10:46 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •