View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 546 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 464464965365425435445455465475485495505565966461046 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,190 of 16966

Just learned that openly gay actor Colton Haynes voices Thor in Marvel Avengers Academy iPhone game. It's a small step, BUT for Marvel to have an openly LGBT actor voice one of their main characters is pretty cool. But that game is the most LGBT friendly release (game wise) for Marvel.

"We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

I've been playing Future Fight recently and that has both Wiccan and Hulkling. And Wiccan openly calls Hulkling his boyfriend. That's fairly LGBT friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Just learned that openly gay actor Colton Haynes voices Thor in Marvel Avengers Academy iPhone game. It's a small step, BUT for Marvel to have an openly LGBT actor voice one of their main characters is pretty cool. But that game is the most LGBT friendly release (game wise) for Marvel.
    I feel that calling it LGBT friendly is misleading. It has a bit of flirting between Union Jack and Loki.
    Except if you were not one of the few people that got Union Jack for the short time he was available, that is completely lost to you.
    There was a small hint that the Young Avengers would be showing up though. So that's something.
    Mind you, the game is becoming increasingly aggravating with poorly designed events. So I don't know if I'll even stick with it untill the YA show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    Oh, almost forgot!

Please add the character Ash a.k.a Pan a.k.a. Panacea to the lists.

She's a pragmatic inhuman healer who's unable to feel emotions to the same degree that normal people can. She's agreed to try some kind relationship with the inhuman empath Jovana a.k.a Swain as she found her interesting. They were last seen holding hands and with their tails
    intertwined.
    I... disagree with this.
    As much as I would like Panacea to be LGBT, I really didn't see any evidence of it.
    Yes, she said she found Swain interesting, but I don't see where you got her agreeing to a relationship from.
    After she said she found Swain interesting (and nothing more), Swain took her hand and ran off pulling Panacea with her. She was then seen sitting with Swain, but in that picture you don't actually see them holding hands and Panacea's tail is just lying there limp, while Swain's tail is entwined with hers.

If anything, I see Panacea as asexual. Though that's mainly because she doesn't feel emotions like most people.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I... disagree with this.
    As much as I would like Panacea to be LGBT, I really didn't see any evidence of it.
    Yes, she said she found Swain interesting, but I don't see where you got her agreeing to a relationship from.
    After she said she found Swain interesting (and nothing more), Swain took her hand and ran off pulling Panacea with her. She was then seen sitting with Swain, but in that picture you don't actually see them holding hands and Panacea's tail is just lying there limp, while Swain's tail is entwined with hers.

If anything, I see Panacea as asexual. Though that's mainly because she doesn't feel emotions like most people.
    Ok, fair point. Will need to show up in more issues (the ANI cast was confirmed for IvX) to be oficialized. Or simply someone ask's Asmus if they are a couple.
    Still not Straight. So no reason to not be on this post's LGBTQA+ masterpost.
    Everything Lives!

I've loved All New Inhumans, it was a great book, with great new and interesting characters and exploring the aftermath of the terrigen cloud bullshit from the Inhuman perspective by showing Crystal's team rescuing new Inhumans and exploring the new characters. Sadly Swain's sexuality was only explored in the last issue despite being confirmed as LGBT for a long time through Twitter. And a pleasant surprise was that Panacea started a relationship with her so we had another character in that book. But unlike Crystal and Gorgon who'll definitely be around in major roles and probabaly also Flint and Grid in supporting roles at least given the amount of character development they got, the fate of Panacea and Swain is uncertain.

Latest issue of Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat was great. I love that Ian is learning how to use his telekinesis better and becoming stronger. And that just made me want for him to change his mind about living a regular old life with a regular old job even more. He should get a costume and a codename and him and Patsy should become a dynamic duo. The scene where they freak out because of the gum was ridiculous and I loved it. And I love that he and Tom are finally together though I thought that would be a storyline, like he was going to ask Patsy for help with a dinner or something or maybe Tom would ask him on a date and it would be suitably goofy as everything on this book is... but they just straight up made out when I least expected. Ok.

About the Agents Of Shield news: I have no interest in that book and the fact they dig up Graymalkin to be a supporting character doesn't change that but I'm glad there's one less Gay character rotting in limbo though. Yay for that, I guess. Most comics now have LGBT characters in the supporting cast so I'm going to stop acting as if acknowledging the existence of LGBT people by having them serving as background characters for Straight protagonists is laudable. Let me know when they bring back Victoria Hand and have her be a protagonist in that book. (Yes, I'm still bitter about Hand dying in comics and in that tv show. She was my favourite Agent.)

I... disagree with this.

Asexual characters belong in the list as well. But I see where you're coming from. Panacea has always been portrayed as unable to really empathize and feel human emotions after terrigenesis, it's actually the part of her character that has been explored the most. She's always seemed Aromantic and I would guess Asexual as well but that would still classify her as an LGBTQIA+ character. It'd be interesting to see where this goes, whether her transformation made her unable to feel romantic and sexual attraction and she'll break up with Swain later on or whether it just made numb to human emotions and now her relationship with Swain will help her remember how to feel or something like that. If All New Inhumans went on we'd get an answer on that but now I'm not so sure.

You guys are right of course. As an asexual character she definitely should still be on the list. My bad.

As for All New Inhumans.
    I liked some parts of it and disliked others, but overall I enjoyed the book a lot more than Uncanny Inhumans. And of course that one is continuiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    The fact Daken was most definitely using his pheromones on him makes me feel guilty for how excited I got when I saw that tweet. If they had sex it'd be rape, unless Daken talks about that time and says he didn't use any influence on Johnny because he really cared about him. But that's unlikely since Daken is in limbo and that redemption route he was going in Logan Legacy and Wolverines doesn't seem to be going anywhere, which is sad. He could be in Extraordinary X-Men instead of another Logan from an alternate reality.

As for All New Inhumans.
    I liked some parts of it and disliked others, but overall I enjoyed the book a lot more than Uncanny Inhumans. And of course that one is continuiing.
    That's how I feel. I've never bought Uncanny Inhumans because there's no character there that I'm interested in but I was loving All New and that's the one that won't continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mah VM View Post
    The fact Daken was most definitely using his pheromones on him makes me feel guilty for how excited I got when I saw that tweet. If they had sex it'd be rape, unless Daken talks about that time and says he didn't use any influence on Johnny because he really cared about him. But that's unlikely since Daken is in limbo and that redemption route he was going in Logan Legacy and Wolverines doesn't seem to be going anywhere, which is sad. He could be in Extraordinary X-Men instead of another Logan from an alternate reality.
    Yeah, that's kinda my take: Daken was almost certainly using his pheromones on Johnny, which makes the consent questionable at best. So I'm not happy about Liu confirming they had sex, but I know some in this thread will be excited about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Yeah, that's kinda my take: Daken was almost certainly using his pheromones on Johnny, which makes the consent questionable at best. So I'm not happy about Liu confirming they had sex, but I know some in this thread will be excited about it.
    Why do I have the feeling you're talking about me and Kieran?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Why do I have the feeling you're talking about me and Kieran?
    *whistles innocently*

Regardless, it is relevant to the thread.

Spectacular Member

Just curious, does anyone have recommendations for slightly more gender queer characters? I was really fond of Wiccan during the Allan Heinberg days but lately he has been going off in more of a masculine route which is making it a bit harder to identify with him (still like the character a lot but I no longer have the feeling of being represented by him.)

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mah VM View Post
    Why does Daken using his powers become an implication without any evidence on the page that he did it, while him not using his powers has to have evidence on the page for you to believe it?

The seems to speak more to how you feel about the character than what the writer of the character at the time does.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTaj View Post
    Just curious, does anyone have recommendations for slightly more gender queer characters? I was really fond of Wiccan during the Allan Heinberg days but lately he has been going off in more of a masculine route which is making it a bit harder to identify with him (still like the character a lot but I no longer have the feeling of being represented by him.)
    Not quite sure where Wiccan being less masculine is coming from. He's always been presented as a young gay male.

In terms of where you might find some characters who are more fluid, I'm not sure. The Wicked and the Divine over at Image pushes the 'non-confirm to anything' buttons so hard, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who isn't being binary about things.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTaj View Post
    You mean somewhat androgynous characters? Guys who don't have big beefy bodies and women who don't have sexpot bodies? Honestly, your best bet for that is going to be supporting characters in more comedic titles. In any more serious book, the characters do tend to have the sort of exaggerated masculinity and femininity.