View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 552 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 524525025425485495505515525535545555565626026521052 ... LastLast
Results 8,266 to 8,280 of 16971

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Vision DID meet Billy, at his home, once upon a time back in an Avenger book

Seeing as how the actual interaction beyond that point happened off panel, we can infer any number of possible discussions about their relationship and how/if they kept in contact moving forward.
    Additional factor to consider: Vision's decision to shut off his emotions.
    I remain forever optimistic that they will have future interactions of a more pleasant nature.
    I know about that though I didn't read it. But the current Vision book is all about his new family and how he wanted to have one in the first place, so I think they should address how Vision is currently feeling about them, specially after he shut off his emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I know about that though I didn't read it. But the current Vision book is all about his new family and how he wanted to have one in the first place, so I think they should address how Vision is currently feeling about them, specially after he shut off his emotions.
    Sans emotions, I'm gonna say he feels nothing.

The latest issues of New Avengers have been the best and the art is great, I love the way the characters are drawn specially Billy. Loved that Billy mentioned Speed, Scarlet Witch and Vision. (At least one writer remembers they are related.) Every character got a change to show how badass they are and even Tippy Toe started a mutiny among the rats. I'm excited for next issue and Teddy's fight with Paibok.

The old Midnighter ongoing is getting a complete collection.

For $35, I'll pass. Except for the BKV and Gage one-shots, I don't recall liking that series very much.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Questions...

1) Which character do you feel you most identify with?

2) What character would you be most attracted to?
    1) In terms of queer characters at Marvel: Loki, but not because he's LGBT. In the mini by Robert Rodi & Esad Ribic and in the "Loki Trilogy" (Journey Into Mystery / Young Avengers / Loki: Agent of Asgard), I love how he tried to change, and wondered where was the limit between trying to improve yourself and trying to become somebody you'll never be. That felt so relatable. I've never seen a character who's "like me" (i.e. same kind of body + sexuality + personality) or who could almost be a self-insert, but I've recognized parts of me in various characters over the years (in Marvel books: Jessica Jones, Jessica Drew and Emma Frost most notably).

2) Mmh, there's not a lot of queer guys to choose from @_@ Let's say Ian or Tom from Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat!

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Ok I finally got caught up after getting behind on my comic book reading due to computer troubles. I thought the latest issue of EXM was supposed to start a new storyline focusing on Iceman and Nightcrawler but they didn't seem to be in it very much, although it does appear that the change to Anole will be permanent. That last issue of New Avengers was pretty good. And the Civil War X-Men story came to a very anticlimactic end but it was still nice to see Beast's bloody corpse even if it was in a future that didn't come to happen.

Ohh, also Anole was drawn as a more realistic muscular guy as opposed to looking like a big lizard-monster.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 09-29-2016 at 04:58 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Questions...

1) Which character do you feel you most identify with?

2) What character would you be most attracted to?
    1. Hmm. Rictor, maybe. We both came out at around the same time and age. Under PAD he had a history of depression. They're aren't really any characters with similar anxiety issues though.

2. Just about any dudes drawn by Wada, Coipel, Dauterman, Marquez, Staples, Caselli, and some Anka (his faces tend to be a little too stylized to be really attractive for my tastes).

So quick question at this stage in the game who do you thinks wins in a fight Wiccan or Magik and overall who's stronger? With Billy's new found confidence and control over his powers I say he stomps hard.

Also between Wanda and Billy who do you think is stronger I say Billy because Wanda's powers were retconned and weakened so hard with the High Evolutionary BS.
    Last edited by Journey; 09-29-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Ok I finally got caught up after getting behind on my comic book reading due to computer troubles. I thought the latest issue of EXM was supposed to start a new storyline focusing on Iceman and Nightcrawler but they didn't seem to be in it very much, although it does appear that the change to Anole will be permanent. That last issue of New Avengers was pretty good. And the Civil War X-Men story came to a very anticlimactic end but it was still nice to see Beast's bloody corpse even if it was in a future that didn't come to happen.

Ohh, also Anole was drawn as a more realistic muscular guy as opposed to looking like a big lizard-monster.
    If Anole does stay like that I think he's getting with older Bobby which kind of makes me uncomfortable considering his actual age but then again aging ain't **** this continuity but I think they've been alluding to it for a while.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cosmos View Post
    1) In terms of queer characters at Marvel: Loki, but not because he's LGBT. In the mini by Robert Rodi & Esad Ribic and in the "Loki Trilogy" (Journey Into Mystery / Young Avengers / Loki: Agent of Asgard), I love how he tried to change, and wondered where was the limit between trying to improve yourself and trying to become somebody you'll never be. That felt so relatable. I've never seen a character who's "like me" (i.e. same kind of body + sexuality + personality) or who could almost be a self-insert, but I've recognized parts of me in various characters over the years (in Marvel books: Jessica Jones, Jessica Drew and Emma Frost most notably).

2) Mmh, there's not a lot of queer guys to choose from @_@ Let's say Ian or Tom from Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat!
    Sorry to do this to you, as you are new and all, and welcome and I'm always pleased to see new LGBT identifying or allies posting, but still, I do it to everyone so can't help myself.

Can we please remember that the Q word is not reclaimed worldwide and is still a very hurtful term to some. Hardly anyone cares about my objections because apparently the majority deciding it's ok to use that word makes my objections null and void (love to see that suggested to other communities with other words), but yeah, I really dont like it.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Sorry to do this to you, as you are new and all, and welcome and I'm always pleased to see new LGBT identifying or allies posting, but still, I do it to everyone so can't help myself.

Can we please remember that the Q word is not reclaimed worldwide and is still a very hurtful term to some. Hardly anyone cares about my objections because apparently the majority deciding it's ok to use that word makes my objections null and void (love to see that suggested to other communities with other words), but yeah, I really dont like it.
    I agree completely with the second half of your post. The term "queer" shouldn't be used as an umbrella term, especially with not being reclaimed in most areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    1. Hmm. Rictor, maybe. We both came out at around the same time and age. Under PAD he had a history of depression. They're aren't really any characters with similar anxiety issues though.

2. Just about any dudes drawn by Wada, Coipel, Dauterman, Marquez, Staples, Caselli, and some Anka (his faces tend to be a little too stylized to be really attractive for my tastes).
    Those artists are life itself

I'm sorry I hurt you. Which term do you recommend instead? (It's a genuine question: English isn't my first language, words don't have the same baggage for me.)

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cosmos View Post
    I'm sorry I hurt you. Which term do you recommend instead? (It's a genuine question: English isn't my first language, words don't have the same baggage for me.)
    Not to worry, it is becoming an umbrella term, and if English isn't your first language you certainly weren't to know.

I dont think there should be umbrella terms. If people want group labels, just use what they may be - gay, lesbian, bi, trans, whatever really.

To me, because 'queer' means 'odd, strange, wrong,' using it as an umbrella term, even in a reclaimed sense, just reaffirms difference and isnt helpful in overcoming prejudice.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Not to worry, it is becoming an umbrella term, and if English isn't your first language you certainly weren't to know.

I dont think there should be umbrella terms. If people want group labels, just use what they may be - gay, lesbian, bi, trans, whatever really.

To me, because 'queer' means 'odd, strange, wrong,' using it as an umbrella term, even in a reclaimed sense, just reaffirms difference and isnt helpful in overcoming prejudice.
    I'm sorry it's an issue for you, but "queer" just makes more sense for my self-identification than LGBTQAINHJY+ does. Yeah, I'm gay, but when I discuss myself I prefer to use "queer". And policing how other people identify because of your own hangups isn't very progressive. :/
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.