View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 555 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 554555055455515525535545555565575585595656056551055 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,325 of 16971
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Like shouting in to the wind.....
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Well, the book is a tragedy. Anyone who gets a line in it ends up having something bad happen to them. That is barely an exaggeration. It's not a book that believes in happy endings.
    Hmmmmm... I do like things riddled with tragedy, this is true... Okay... Tell me more. Is the first TPB out? Can you show me any art from the series regular artist?

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Like shouting in to the wind.....
    On the plus side, it's nice to know who our enemies are, so we can add them to ignore.
    #silverLINING
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 10-04-2016 at 01:19 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

I binge read vision a few days ago. Very good, but depressingly sad. I can't tell if liked the Victor part. Very well done, but not a great outcome for a character I love.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Hmmmmm... I do like things riddled with tragedy, this is true... Okay... Tell me more. Is the first TPB out? Can you show me any art from the series regular artist?
    The first trade is out, yeah. The premise is Vision builds himself a family - a wife, a son and a daughter. The series is, basically, a suburban psychological thriller. It's really unsettling and creepy. A fairly shocking event in the first issue leads to the gradual break-down of the family.

discussion (2).jpg

glorioushair (2).jpg

iam (2).jpg

The first trade is out, yeah. The premise is Vision builds himself a family - a wife, a son and a daughter. The series is, basically, a suburban psychological thriller. It's really unsettling and creepy. A fairly shocking event in the first issue leads to the gradual break-down of the family.

discussion (2).jpg

glorioushair (2).jpg

iam (2).jpg
    Ha, SOLD!!!! Okay I'll get the first TPB. Any LGBT+ goodness in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    I binge read vision a few days ago. Very good, but depressingly sad. I can't tell if liked the Victor part. Very well done, but not a great outcome for a character I love.
    #nervousBUTexcited
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Ha, SOLD!!!! Okay I'll get the first TPB. Any LGBT+ goodness in it?
    No. No LGBT content, unfortunately. But it does have Shakespeare as metaphor for masturbation.

It's an amazing book. Actually it would make a cool Netflix series.

Although there's nothing explicit about LGBT people in it, it does have some interesting parellels LGBT experience I reckon. They're trying to raise a family but everyone hates them for no reason. And they need to pretend to be perfect in order to be acceptable

IKR? I got a little choked thinking it might have been a relief for him.

Lacking in lingo, good sir. What does IKR stand for????

No. No LGBT content, unfortunately. But it does have Shakespeare as metaphor for masturbation.
    Shakespeare you say??? Now I am excited even more
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 10-04-2016 at 08:02 AM.

Lacking in lingo, good sir. What does IKR stand for????
    "I know, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    IKR? I got a little choked thinking it might have been a relief for him.
    That was a very sad and yet at the same time sort of sweet moment.
    He got what he wanted most.

Mind you, it's dificult to be happy for him. Given what he did leading up to that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    That was a very sad and yet at the same time sort of sweet moment.
    He got what he wanted most.

Mind you, it's dificult to be happy for him. Given what he did leading up to that moment.
    Now that there's a Runaways TV series in the works, I suspect we'll see Vic revived sooner rather than later. I'm really of two minds over how I'll feel if his stint on The Vision gets ignored or handwaved off, though. It was really affecting and I feel like he should have to live with the consequences. But at the same time, that all stems from the retcon regarding his addiction, and that felt forced to the point that I wouldn't mind losing it at all.

(Oh, btw.... the first few issues are on sale for a buck apiece on Comixology for the next day or so.)

And apparently Ellis is relaunching Wildstorm.

I see mention of a couple of Authority characters, but nothing on Apollo and Midnighter. My guess is that they've made the jump to the DCU proper successfully enough that they won't be included. Though it would be interesting if we had a re-imagined Mid and Apollo included over in the new WS as well as the ones Steve Orlando is handling.

Marvel should just jump the shark and say that Storm is bisexual

It's not like Marvel has the rights for movies anyway

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Marvel should just jump the shark and say that Storm is bisexual

It's not like Marvel has the rights for movies anyway
    They should but at this point I don't even care about her sexuality anyway, I hate Storm now. If Marvel confirmed that she's bi the only part of it that would make me happy is seeing how pissed-off it gets all the people who always fight tooth-and-nail to argue that she's totally straight.

And it's not like it would affect the Fox movies anyway.