View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
737. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

26 3.53%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.63%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

20 2.71%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

42 5.70%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

35 4.75%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

40 5.43%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

43 5.83%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

62 8.41%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

38 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

108 14.65%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

60 8.14%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

21 2.85%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

36 4.88%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

46 6.24%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

148 20.08%
Page 555 of 966 FirstFirst ... 55455505545551552553554555556557558559565605655 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,325 of 14490
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    No, can we move this (and any NON-Marvel LGBT discussions) to the LGBT Community thread (http://community.comicbookresources....munity/page146) on CBR. It's tangent-ed (sp?) this thread long enough. Cheers, me dears.
    Sorry, that was my fault. It usually is.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I love your passion for them, Tiamatty; I'm so happy you have these comics you love (I'm sadly lacking a lot of passion right now for Marvel comics, nothing is making me "squeal") but you have to understand why a comic that you told me is not kind to a character I adore isn't ever going to be top of my pull list.
    Well, the book is a tragedy. Anyone who gets a line in it ends up having something bad happen to them. That is barely an exaggeration. It's not a book that believes in happy endings.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Can you explain to us in what way (how?) "Asexuals" are marginalized in main stream society?
    You could just look it up yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post

You could just look it up yourself.
    YES please.

Is there an LGBT panel at NYCC this year? A Marvel specific one is too much to hope for, but an overall panel might happen?
    I hope so!

Watching Luke Cage has made me think about what a queer version of the show would look like. You know, instead of hip hop you would have scissor sisters and Kyle minogue etc? Intriguing thought. We'll get there one day

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I hope so!

Watching Luke Cage has made me think about what a queer version of the show would look like. You know, instead of hip hop you would have scissor sisters and Kyle minogue etc? Intriguing thought. We'll get there one day
    Oy vey... LOL
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Like shouting in to the wind.....
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Well, the book is a tragedy. Anyone who gets a line in it ends up having something bad happen to them. That is barely an exaggeration. It's not a book that believes in happy endings.
    Hmmmmm... I do like things riddled with tragedy, this is true... Okay... Tell me more. Is the first TPB out? Can you show me any art from the series regular artist?

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Like shouting in to the wind.....
    On the plus side, it's nice to know who our enemies are, so we can add them to ignore.
    #silverLINING
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 10-04-2016 at 01:19 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

I binge read vision a few days ago. Very good, but depressingly sad. I can't tell if liked the Victor part. Very well done, but not a great outcome for a character I love.

Hmmmmm... I do like things riddled with tragedy, this is true... Okay... Tell me more. Is the first TPB out? Can you show me any art from the series regular artist?
    The first trade is out, yeah. The premise is Vision builds himself a family - a wife, a son and a daughter. The series is, basically, a suburban psychological thriller. It's really unsettling and creepy. A fairly shocking event in the first issue leads to the gradual break-down of the family.

discussion (2).jpg

glorioushair (2).jpg

iam (2).jpg

The first trade is out, yeah. The premise is Vision builds himself a family - a wife, a son and a daughter. The series is, basically, a suburban psychological thriller. It's really unsettling and creepy. A fairly shocking event in the first issue leads to the gradual break-down of the family.

discussion (2).jpg

glorioushair (2).jpg

iam (2).jpg
    Ha, SOLD!!!! Okay I'll get the first TPB. Any LGBT+ goodness in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    I binge read vision a few days ago. Very good, but depressingly sad. I can't tell if liked the Victor part. Very well done, but not a great outcome for a character I love.
    #nervousBUTexcited
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Ha, SOLD!!!! Okay I'll get the first TPB. Any LGBT+ goodness in it?
    No. No LGBT content, unfortunately. But it does have Shakespeare as metaphor for masturbation.

It's an amazing book. Actually it would make a cool Netflix series.

Although there's nothing explicit about LGBT people in it, it does have some interesting parellels LGBT experience I reckon. They're trying to raise a family but everyone hates them for no reason. And they need to pretend to be perfect in order to be acceptable

IKR? I got a little choked thinking it might have been a relief for him.

This Week's Comics: Powers of X #3, James Bond 007 #10, Valkarie #2

Lacking in lingo, good sir. What does IKR stand for????

No. No LGBT content, unfortunately. But it does have Shakespeare as metaphor for masturbation.
    Shakespeare you say??? Now I am excited even more
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 10-04-2016 at 08:02 AM.

Lacking in lingo, good sir. What does IKR stand for????
    "I know, right?"

This Week's Comics: Powers of X #3, James Bond 007 #10, Valkarie #2