View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 56 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960661061565561056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Flash & Brunnhilde...So Random!
    Yeah. It was what cemented my belief that Remender should never be allowed to start new relationships. He writes existing romantic relationships well enough. But there was no chemistry at all between Val and Flash. It just came out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    (Of course that's the kind of Straight people logic that set up Karolina Dean and Julie Power, they both like girls and they fly with rainbows, that's literally the extent of depth of their relationship.)
    I actually think they do make sense as a couple. They've both got a bit of an entertainment background. They have similarly outgoing personalities. The fact that they both fly is almost certainly going to create a bond. So that's a pairing I'm totally behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I actually think they do make sense as a couple. They've both got a bit of an entertainment background. They have similarly outgoing personalities. The fact that they both fly is almost certainly going to create a bond. So that's a pairing I'm totally behind.
    If they were ever shown on panel talking about these mutual interests and doing anything but standing in the background looking pretty, I might be able to get behind it.

But instead its literally "My fiance just sacrificed her life for me, wanna date?"

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    If they were ever shown on panel talking about these mutual interests and doing anything but standing in the background looking pretty, I might be able to get behind it.

But instead its literally "My fiance just sacrificed her life for me, wanna date?"
    Well, the relationship was started because they'd briefly flirted in the past. Gage was building on a bit from Runaways, and he actually went about it in a pretty effective manner. Hell, they agreed on getting coffee first - a pretty standard thing to do with someone you find attractive.

Unfortunately, we haven't seen much of them since Academy ended. It would definitely be great seeing them hanging out. But I guess they're characters no one can find a place for.

In the thread about "If Hickman doesn't out his LGBT Avenger..." someone mentioned She-Hulk had alluded to dating Wasp and Thundra when she broke the fourth wall. Does anyone know if this is true? Dermie, I look to you!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    In the thread about "If Hickman doesn't out his LGBT Avenger..." someone mentioned She-Hulk had alluded to dating Wasp and Thundra when she broke the fourth wall. Does anyone know if this is true? Dermie, I look to you!
    I'm going assume She-Hulk was joking as this has never been mentioned in any of the Avengers stories I've read with them.

I do know that based on remarks made by Thundra in She Hulk's comic, she is at least Bisexual.

Just checking (regarding Fearless Defenders) was Annabelle still with Ren Kimura at the end of the series?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I'm going assume She-Hulk was joking as this has never been mentioned in any of the Avengers stories I've read with them.

I do know that based on remarks made by Thundra in She Hulk's comic, she is at least Bisexual.
    I knew of Thundra's bisexuality, but She-Hulk's LGBT status is new to me.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Just checking (regarding Fearless Defenders) was Annabelle still with Ren Kimura at the end of the series?

I knew of Thundra's bisexuality, but She-Hulk's LGBT status is new to me.
    I don't think Shulkie is. (I think Vic meant Thundra was, not She Hulk.). I don't know of the fourth wall breaking incident, but I remember this panel. Although maybe someone knows more about their previous adventures?
    image.jpg
    "Self has no time for this."

Pretty much all the female characters in the marvel u have alluded to being bisexual at some point. It's part of the fantasy for hat used to be the main demographic (teenage hormonal straight boys)

Yes she was.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Pretty much all the female characters in the marvel u have alluded to being bisexual at some point. It's part of the fantasy for hat used to be the main demographic (teenage hormonal straight boys)
    Yeah. Pretty much. Plus, according to message boards like this, basically every character is actually gay.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Yeah... I don't buy it. Lol.
    http://community.comicbookresources....l=1#post200216

Bringing it back, cuz it has to become a thing

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    http://community.comicbookresources....l=1#post200216

Bringing it back, cuz it has to become a thing
    So good it's worth posting fully!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I once read the "theory" that Emma Frost is a trans woman. The guy who made the "theory" was just joking, but it made sense in so many levels, its pretty much canon in my head. I can't recall very good but it stated that her "brother", Christian Frost, was in fact Emma and young Emma is a product of Emma's own imagination, a vision of how she could be and how beautiful she could look.

In the Emma Frost series is revealed that "Christian" is gay and his father, being a bigot, sends him to a mental institution, where he's never heard of again. In Generation X #24 is stated that Emma was in a mental institution from which she escaped and she burned it to the ground and she "never looked back".
    http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...rosts-origins/
    There are other details here and there, and obviously some stuff was written in other times etc... but if a writer decides to make Emma a trans woman, it would make sense. There would be no contradictions and it would explain so many aspects of her life, from her pessimistic views about humanity in general but protector of those who have suffered...

... to her fabulousness.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I see it as an overcomplicated and unnecessary retcon which doesn't make sense to me. Not everything needs to be connected, and I'm fine with *suicidal gay brother* being separate to that.

And to totally make assumptions here, I assume that in the Hellfire Club, a fair amount of men, shall we say, joined in, or at least tried to join in, with Emma. (But correct me if that's a misguided assumption.) Now, I don't know straight guys' sex habits too well, but her being trans I would see as being a turn-off to a significant number of the men there, especially if their views are more conservative.

I do think we need a trans superhero (the only one I can name is Xavin, but s/he is not trans in the traditional sense, rather the non-binary Skrull sense), but Marvel's problem is the fact that if they create a new character, they either have to have a minority following as part of a book where they are not the protagonist, or as part of a teen book. Even as gay myself it took me a while to understand what trans meant; heck, I've only known trans people from this year (or people I knew before coming out as trans). "Boys like boys/girls like girls/girls like girls and boys" etc. is simple enough to explain, but it's less simple with T, or at least less people understand it.

Any examples of even trans characters we can think of? Because honestly, unless Marvel pick up the adaptation rights to Orange is the New Black, I don't see there being any trans-positive series anytime soon. Which is a shame, because I would love to read one. It's perfect for a young hero with the metaphor of finding an identity, being superhero or gender or life or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    I see it as an overcomplicated and unnecessary retcon which doesn't make sense to me. Not everything needs to be connected, and I'm fine with *suicidal gay brother* being separate to that.
    If you click the link to the "Abandoned plot threads" CBR link, Emma's history is already overly complicated and full of retcons (almost everytime a writer mentioned her past in detail, in fact, it seemed to come with a retcon); this idea actually explains and sorts out all the complications/retcons; making them all "true" yet not true. The same way Gillen's Noh-vah was a good way of 'unifying' Morrison and Bendis' two very different Noh-var personalities into one.

And to totally make assumptions here, I assume that in the Hellfire Club, a fair amount of men, shall we say, joined in, or at least tried to join in, with Emma. (But correct me if that's a misguided assumption.) Now, I don't know straight guys' sex habits too well, but her being trans I would see as being a turn-off to a significant number of the men there, especially if their views are more conservative.
    Like in X-men: First Class, the implication is a lot of Hellfire men THOUGHT they had been with Emma, when actually she merely used her telepathy to think that. As for "straight guys sex habits"; if she's post-op there is no reason for them to ever work it out. Arguably Scott would know, and I don't think Scott would care at all. Namor probably knows, Namor doesn't care.

Any examples of even trans characters we can think of?
    Tong (a moloid) from FF by Matt Fraction is the only truly trans characters I am aware of.

Like in X-men: First Class, the implication is a lot of Hellfire men THOUGHT they had been with Emma, when actually she merely used her telepathy to think that. As for "straight guys sex habits"; if she's post-op there is no reason for them to ever work it out. Arguably Scott would know, and I don't think Scott would care at all. Namor probably knows, Namor doesn't care.
    "[...]since I could make men see whatever I wanted them to see [...]"

Anything a bit contradictory could be handwaved as "It was her power". I recall that in Old Man Logan, Wolverine says that Emma still looks young, to which she says that she actually looks older, but she's using her powers to make herself look young.

And as the image shows, she has explicitly done on herself some major plastic surgeries.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 09-15-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I like the First Class implication (I like the whole film, to be fair), just not sure if that had ever been carried over to (or was carried over from) 616.