View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 564 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 644645145545605615625635645655665675685746146641064 ... LastLast
Results 8,446 to 8,460 of 16973

About the discussion of Billy and Teddy and how the death of one would be a good way to launch the other one's solo:

I've always loved Billy and Teddy as a couple but the thing I've always hated was how the writers always treated them as a package deal. Both have great powersets and backstories and a huge potential for big stories focusing on them as individuals but not many people ever refer to them as individuals, it's always "Wiccan & Hulkling" or "Billy & Teddy." And whenever they show up anywhere the other one is in tow.

They were introduced together. Already in a relationship. Apparently never dated anybody else and will likely never do it, which I personaly think is creepy. I hate fictional couples like that, who have no experience aside from being with each other. Same-sex or opposite-sex. My idea of a healthy relationship is one where both parties are mature and have enough experience to know what a healthy relationship is and what isn't and know the signs of when someone is not treating them right, this way they have the emotional maturity and stability to just break up. Because they've been in relationships before and know that that idea that they can't live without that person is just bullshit. You fall in love with people. You fall out of love with people. You can be happy in a relationship. You can be happy single. Neither Billy or Teddy has that experience. Because they have always been together and are going to die together because writers know better than to mess with that cause fans will hang them by their balls if they mess with their favourite couple that has never been explored as anything else than as a couple.

I never wanted them to break up but I would've liked if they had mentioned in the early days of YA having had a boyfriend before or even just a casual thing. But no, they are each others "firsts" in everything, they don't know what is like to cope with a break up and move on from it and find love again and will never have that experience or emotional maturity. Writers know if they plan to use one of these characters they have to consider the other one because they are maybe the most recognizable Marvel Gay Couple and maybe that's why some may not want to touch them with a ten foot long pole. It's like Northstar's wedding. Jean-Paul is the best option for a love interest for Adult Iceman but writers know they can't touch Marvel's First Gay Marriage. The writers know how overprotective some LGBT fans are of these characters/relationships (Or rather what these relationships mean, rather then the relationships themselves) to the point where they might be hesitant to use the character because if it's not all kittens and rainbows, and we're portrayed as people who don't marry and die of old age alonside the first goddamn person we date or even the first person we marry, that means we're being misrepresented or it's offensive and someone will throw a fit. It's like LGBTs don't break up or divorce. ~rolls eyes~

The best way to explore Billy and Teddy as individual characters is to have them each be in one team. Or one of them on a team book and the other in his own solo. They'd still be in a relationship, just not that annoying couple that keeps screaming each others names during battles. I'd like to see Billy hanging out with Kate or Tommy or Wanda or Viv. Teddy hanging out with Cassie or David or Noh Varr. Not because they're having relationship issues and need someone to vent to but because they are more than just "X's boyfriend", and are fully rounded individuals families, friends, co workers etc...

That's good to hear. I know close to nothing about Star Wars and have not been picking any comic in that universe but I'm always updated on LGBT comic characters so I knew of these two. Good to know 1) they're still alive 2) Dr Aphra is getting her own book. And the fact Gillen is writing this is a plus for me.

That's another LGBT led solo by Marvel now. Things are looking good for us.

/\ I agree with you, and yeah, I wanted to see them doing different things and more focus on their relationships with other people(specially Billy... Teddy doesn't exactly have much people to be with, poor him). I wanted Teddy to join the Alpha Flight program/station with Captain Marvel but maybe that's because I really wanted for them to intereact. But killing any more LGBT characters this year would just be a disgrace for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    /\ I agree with you, and yeah, I wanted to see them doing different things and more focus on their relationships with other people(specially Billy... Teddy doesn't exactly have much people to be with, poor him). I wanted Teddy to join the Alpha Flight program/station with Captain Marvel but maybe that's because I really wanted for them to intereact. But killing any more LGBT characters this year would just be a disgrace for me.
    Right. Billy could get a solo and Teddy could join Alpha Flight or GotG, which would give me a second reason to give a **** about that team aside from Angela.

Now although Teddy doesn't have a family, he still has many friends who he could hang out with: Kate, Cassie, Tommy, David, Noh Varr, MAC and Eli. Hell, he could form a team with all the friends he has who are currently in limbo (Eli, David, Tommy, Cassie and Noh Varr) and lead it as the New New Avengers or even another Young Avengers.

Ultimate Member

One thing about splitting up that pair is that Teddy is also Dorrek, and his totally ditching his birthright to hang out on Earth with his boyfriend is *directly responsible* for the Skrull invasion of Earth after the first Civil War.

Similarly, it's been hinted quite strongly that Billy *needs* some serious training. (Or, more to the point, that the entire world might need Billy to get a handle on his potential!)

Their relationship might be great for them, and utterly ruinous to the world at large, whether it result in Skrull invasions or Demiurges out of control and going all 'No More X!' Teddy could end up enmired in Skrull politics, while Billy could end up apprenticing with Dr. Strange, or even some extradimensional entity (perhaps with America Chavez as his extra-dimensional tour guide).

Neither of them has to die to allow the other to progress their story, or grow their character, but they would need to spend a little bit of time apart (and not necessarily broken up as a couple, just struggling with the long-distance love affair, perhaps).

Teddy, in particular, keeps running away from his potential futures. 'King of Space?' Apparently means nothing more to him than 'I have a new sword. Hope it doesn't come with any responsibilities or expectations...'

Ultimate Member

So any chance that we get more details on her relationship with Sana I wonder?

Astonishing Member

Did anyone else see the Newsarama article about the most iconic LGBT superheroes? On the first page of the article, before they get into their official top 10 list, they tossed out a few random examples of LGBT heroes...and one of the names they mentioned was Captain Britain!

Did I miss something? When did Captain Britain get revealed as LGBT? I realize Betsy was Captain Britain for a very brief stint ages ago--but surely if they meant her they would have just said Psylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So any chance that we get more details on her relationship with Sana I wonder?
    Will Kieron Gillen write gay content into a comic? I'd say that's generally a safe bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Did anyone else see the Newsarama article about the most iconic LGBT superheroes? On the first page of the article, before they get into their official top 10 list, they tossed out a few random examples of LGBT heroes...and one of the names they mentioned was Captain Britain!

Did I miss something? When did Captain Britain get revealed as LGBT? I realize Betsy was Captain Britain for a very brief stint ages ago--but surely if they meant her they would have just said Psylocke.
    Maybe they meant Union Jack? Other than that, no clue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Maybe they meant Union Jack? Other than that, no clue.
    Good call--that's probably it! I've noticed Newsarama articles making a lot of little factual errors like that recently...I wonder if they've recently changed writers or editors or something. Anyway, thanks for the help!

I'm genuinely hoping that one day Marvel will release LEGIT Marvel Legends figures for Billy, Teddy and America, but until that blessed day arrives, I've got these home-mades to keep Kate company

Those are just so amazing

Bully and Teddy look so good! do you have other customs as well?
    "It's not about adding diversity for the sake of diversity, it's about subtracting homogeneity for the sake of realism."
    -Mary Robinette Kowal

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan615 View Post
    Bully and Teddy look so good! do you have other customs as well?
    THANKS buddy!
    Working on Illyana and Emma Frost now

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm genuinely hoping that one day Marvel will release LEGIT Marvel Legends figures for Billy, Teddy and America, but until that blessed day arrives, I've got these home-mades to keep Kate company

Aahhhh! These are just so great. I bet that when Marvel acually make their figures it won't look good as these.