View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 569 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 694695195595655665675685695705715725735796196691069 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 16973

That Iceman solo thread is going to give me an aneurysm. I'm really trying to figure out why these people think it's a bad thing. I honestly wouldn't care if it was 12 issues of him watching Logo reruns while waiting on his flight to Folsom. I'd buy every single issue. It's about time marvel pandered to the gays.

Ha ha ha ha. Nice, Proto.
    I love heroes doing the mundane.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Ha ha ha ha. Nice, Proto.
    I love heroes doing the mundane.
    lol Thank you. That was honestly one of my favorite parts about Midnighter. I hope we see body going on a few dates and try to deal with the post IvX world. People keep complaining and saying there's no story for him but there's tons they can do since he's never gotten any real amount of focus.

Right? Even if he wasn't gay, it's his turn! Sure, he may not be the most developed, but that's what solos are for-- to help make characters relevant. Gambit, Storm, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, and Magneto all got solos in the past few years. What's different with Cubes finally getting his chance?

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Right? Even if he wasn't gay, it's his turn! Sure, he may not be the most developed, but that's what solos are for-- to help make characters relevant. Gambit, Storm, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, and Magneto all got solos in the past few years. What's different with Cubes finally getting his chance?
    Agreed. People are making silly arguments about his coming out is THE trigger, and if it is(??) --- so what?
    That's an empty argument. Characters are continuously altered to warrant solo-assignment and/or relaunches.
    There will always be something viewed by members of the readership as "sudden" to prompt a focus shift.
    Suddenly, Teen Cyclops is around so he gets a solo?

Suddenly, Thor is a woman so she gets a solo?
    Suddenly, they cloned Wolverine so she gets a solo?
    Suddenly, Nightcrawler returned from the dead, and he gets a solo?
    Suddeny, Cable is an adoptive father, so he gets a solo?
    Suddenly, Wanda isn't a mutant so she gets a solo?
    Suddenly, a writer has a creative angle for [insert character of choice here] so THEY get a solo??

Etc etc etc.

Exactly what I'm saying. He's one of Marvel's oldest characters and has about as much dimension to him as a sheet of paper. Him gaining some depth is long overdue. It's just so funny that the fans of the minority metaphor are doing this when an actual minority is getting their own solo.

Oh, okay! I missed you guys, too. I still get along with you guys more than I do my gay friends in-person-- since none of them are into comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Aww, that's too bad. At least you have us to talk about comics with.
    Awn Most people on this thread are my faves of this site, but I specially like our... dynamics?

Also, if they don't think Cubes deserves a solo or not, why do they care? Simply don't buy it. Solo, Slapstick, and Prowler got solos, but you don't see me berating their fans.

And awe, Wiccan. Love you too.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Also, if they don't think Cubes deserves a solo or not, why do they care? Simply don't buy it. Solo, Slapstick, and Prowler got solos, but you don't see me berating their fans.

And awe, Wiccan. Love you too.
    That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out now. I can't understand what they're trying to do or say by panning a book we've only seen the cover of.

So, SO HAPPY to hear Iceman has a solo. Our first ever gay solo on-going at Marvel. This is HUGE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out now. I can't understand what they're trying to do or say by panning a book we've only seen the cover of.
    I have a theory why they are panning it already...
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Weapon X was just revealed as the next book of the new line-up. And I know Daken was never directly tied to Weapon X, but may he possibly appear?

Cinderella

Speaking of Daken, Where was he last seen and/or up to?

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I don't think Daken is connected to Weapon X so I don't know if he'll be showing up in that title.

Also someone in the Iceman thread posted about the upcoming solicitations for All-New X-Men
    >Inhumans vs. X-Men tie-in!

>The X-Men have waged war on the Inhumans!

>But caught in the crossfire are Iceman and his new crush, Romeo...who unfortunately happens to be an Inhuman.

>In the end, will Iceman stand with his species...or with his first love?

So it sounds like they're really doing the whole "Romeo and Juliet" thing for young Bobby and Romeo.

BANNED

Where did you get this solicitation from because the one I read didn't say all of that...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 10-18-2016 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    Exactly what I'm saying. He's one of Marvel's oldest characters and has about as much dimension to him as a sheet of paper. Him gaining some depth is long overdue. It's just so funny that the fans of the minority metaphor are doing this when an actual minority is getting their own solo.
    I've been staying far away from the X-Boards for a while now. It's hard to enjoy anything when they're constantly so negative about everything! "Emma Frost smiled, they are ruining her character." Also, it's especially baffling that they're against this specific retcon when X-Men continuity is as retcon heavy and convoluted as it gets. And I wouldn't change it for the world.

But it's also important to note that they don't represent all X-Men fans. There are a plethora of fans and creators in the X-fandom that are pretty open minded and happy with this solo and storyline.

I also don't care for their arguments because they could be applied to literally any retcon or character update and most characters wouldn't be what they are without them. You can accept a retconned clone girlfriend, a retconned cosmic doppelgänger, multiple retconned origins and family trees but draw the line at a dude coming out in his thirties within a narrative context that's supposed to be about diversity? Okay there buddy. Bobby's story is nothing out of the ordinary. May not like it, but that doesn't make it wrong.

I'm also super stoked to see more Young Bobby/Romeo! I'm really happy that marvel is doing all of this, and DC too of course. It's nice to see so many new LGBT characters and themes being explored in mainstream comics.
    "It's not about adding diversity for the sake of diversity, it's about subtracting homogeneity for the sake of realism."
    -Mary Robinette Kowal