View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 57 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061671071575571057 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    In the thread about "If Hickman doesn't out his LGBT Avenger..." someone mentioned She-Hulk had alluded to dating Wasp and Thundra when she broke the fourth wall. Does anyone know if this is true? Dermie, I look to you!
    That has never happened. Jen has referred to having bisexual friends (and we've seen a few of them, such as Jazinda and Thundra) and is certainly gay-friendly, but has never given any indication of being bisexual herself--and neither has Wasp.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    I see it as an overcomplicated and unnecessary retcon which doesn't make sense to me.
    Or it simplifies all of the conflicting origins by having her not being able to keep her story straight (so to speak) That scene of her gay brother helping her with makeup is just her first presenting as female instead of as Christian. "He" went away to an institution where Xavier found "him" and helped to figure out the only issue was that "he" was really a she inside. Something she was worried about him knowing when he first showed up.

And to totally make assumptions here, I assume that in the Hellfire Club, a fair amount of men, shall we say, joined in, or at least tried to join in, with Emma. (But correct me if that's a misguided assumption.)
    If she's had both surgeries, it's not like the Hellfire guys could tell.

The only issue would be the Stepford Cuckoos were said to be cloned from her ova, but really it makes more sense to mine her stemcells for cloning material anyway as there's know way of knowing if natural children will inherit all of her abilities depending on who their father was and there's a lot more you can so with stemcells than trying to turn unfertilized ova into kids.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    • Or it simplifies all of the conflicting origins by having her not being able to keep her story straight (so to speak) That scene of her gay brother helping her with makeup is just her first presenting as female instead of as Christian. "He" went away to an institution where Xavier found "him" and helped to figure out the only issue was that "he" was really a she inside. Something she was worried about him knowing when he first showed up.
    • If she's had both surgeries, it's not like the Hellfire guys could tell.
    • The only issue would be the Stepford Cuckoos were said to be cloned from her ova, but really it makes more sense to mine her stemcells for cloning material anyway as there's know way of knowing if natural children will inherit all of her abilities depending on who their father was and there's a lot more you can so with stemcells than trying to turn unfertilized ova into kids.
    Excellent points on all counts. I think the unravelling of the various retcons due to her "imaginary" brother makes so much sense. Also, you avatar is AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    That has never happened. Jen has referred to having bisexual friends (and we've seen a few of them, such as Jazinda and Thundra) and is certainly gay-friendly, but has never given any indication of being bisexual herself--and neither has Wasp.
    Ah, thank-you Dermie. That cleared it up.

I could totally see Emma being trans! Scott would flip

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I could totally see Emma being trans! Scott would flip
    Nah, Scott would be totally supportive. He loves Emma, and he wouldn't care. Tony would probably ENJOY knowing she was trans when they slept together

Some LGBT news and previews... wasn't expecting (but THRILLED) by... DESTINY!!!

DEATH OF WOLVERINE: LOGAN’S LEGACY #6 & 7 (OF 7)
    Issue #6
    JAMES TYNION IV (W) • ANDY CLARKE (A)
    Cover by ALEX GARNER
    CANADA VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE

• In the wake of the DEATH OF WOLVERINE, Mystique must come to grips with everything she’s done in a lifetime of crime, and the DESTINY laid out before her.
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99
    Issue #7
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • PETER NGUYEN (A)
    Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
    CANADA VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE

• It’s all come to this! The heroes and villains closest to Wolverine—Mystique, Daken, Sabretooth, X-23 and Lady Deathstrike—make a monumental decision that will forever alter the Legacy that Logan built years forging. That is, if they survive the threat of the vampiric menace challenging their goals!

LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD #9
    AL EWING (W) • LEE GARBETT (A/C)
    AXIS TIE-IN!
    • Loki, swashbuckling savior of truth and justice, versus Lorelei -- scheming sister of the noble Enchantress!
    • Once -- in a time Loki would rather forget -- these two were allies. Now, Loki must bring Lorelei in -- or die trying!
    • Also featuring: the base villainy of Thor -- Marvel’s brutish God Of Evil!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Mystique, Daken and now Destiny too.....Death of Wolverine is looking great to me.

Anything with Loki is win.

Emma is not a transsexual. I do not support that theory.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Mystique, Daken and now Destiny too.....Death of Wolverine is looking great to me.

Anything with Loki is win.
    Win win win. I would LOVE for Destiny to come back for good. Mystique had been without her true love for too long

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I get the feeling that PAD is writing her as, essentially, not having an actual gender. She's a machine based on alien technology. She has no objections to people referring to her as female, but I don't think she, herself, has any particular gender identification. As such, she likewise doesn't much care about the gender of anyone she may have sex with.

Mighty Avengers is not a black Avengers team. It is a minority-majority Avengers team. There's a difference.

Rockslide didn't "help" Anole come out. He flat-out declared that Anole was gay, without Anole's permission. And everyone else already knew it anyway.
    Looks like I'm missing some interesting developments in All New X-Factor (I only bought the first issues ).

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Looks like I'm missing some interesting developments in All New X-Factor (I only bought the first issues ).
    It's gotten better. The early issues did wind up being very much a superhero comic, which doesn't feel right for X-Factor. It's become a lot more character-driven lately. The last issue, and the one coming out tomorrow, also benefit from having a different artist. Carmine Di Giandomenico's a talented artist, but he's a piss-poor match for X-Factor. PAD writes a lot of dialogue, and his books rely on having an artist who can capture expressions well. CDG's style isn't very expressive - characters generally have "cool" looks on their faces, which doesn't get across tone very well. Pop Mhan is much better at that. Too bad he's only a temporary fill-in, and CDG's coming back.

I too hope that solicit means a possible Destiny resurrection, but I'm fearing all it'll be is the revelation that Destiny had a vision of Wolverine's death before she herself died.

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Ugh, the next X-Men movie needs to find a Destiny that's got good chemistry with JLaw. Age her down a lot, make her in her twenties like I'm assuming Mystique is supposed to be, too. And depower her a bit-- maybe change her precognition from human-plot-device-level to Rose Wilson combat-anticipation style.

(In case anyone isn't familiar with Teen Titans, Rose Wilson/Ravager could see about five seconds in the future. It was really helpful for fighting.)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

A lesbian relationship in a movie owned by Fox?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I too hope that solicit means a possible Destiny resurrection, but I'm fearing all it'll be is the revelation that Destiny had a vision of Wolverine's death before she herself died.
    I hope that they do not being Destiny back from the dead as her body was cremated and thrown into the ocean. If they do bring her back, then they might as well bring back Ravalanch and restore her mind back to her original body and for Betsy to finally return to her own body.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    Ugh, the next X-Men movie needs to find a Destiny that's got good chemistry with JLaw. Age her down a lot, make her in her twenties like I'm assuming Mystique is supposed to be, too. And depower her a bit-- maybe change her precognition from human-plot-device-level to Rose Wilson combat-anticipation style.

(In case anyone isn't familiar with Teen Titans, Rose Wilson/Ravager could see about five seconds in the future. It was really helpful for fighting.)
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh... I'd never even considered this as a possibility, but I'd LOVE that!!! Jennifer Lawrence would be totally up for it. Ohhhh, who would you cast as Destiny? Oddly, Amy Adams would be kind of awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I hope that they do not being Destiny back from the dead as her body was cremated and thrown into the ocean. If they do bring her back, then they might as well bring back Ravalanch and restore her mind back to her original body and for Betsy to finally return to her own body.
    I'm so sad Matt Fraction didn't give Psylocke back her original body when he had the chance in the Sisterhood arc.