View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 570 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 704705205605665675685695705715725735745806206701070 ... LastLast
Results 8,536 to 8,550 of 16972
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Where did you get this solicitation from because the one I read didn't say all of that...
    Like I said someone posted it in the thread about Iceman's solo series.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan615 View Post
    I've been staying far away from the X-Boards for a while now. It's hard to enjoy anything when they're constantly so negative about everything! "Emma Frost smiled, they are ruining her character." Also, it's especially baffling that they're against this specific retcon when X-Men continuity is as retcon heavy and convoluted as it gets. And I wouldn't change it for the world.

But it's also important to note that they don't represent all X-Men fans. There are a plethora of fans and creators in the X-fandom that are pretty open minded and happy with this solo and storyline.
    Yeah, I've had to put a lot of people from the X-Board on my ignore list. But I'm still looking forward to Iceman's series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Like I said someone posted it in the thread about Iceman's solo series.
    EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #18
    JEFF LEMIRE (W) • VICTOR IBANEZ (A)
    Cover by DAVID YARDIN
    Variant Cover by TBA

INHUMANS VS. X-MEN TIE-IN!

• The X-MEN have waged war on the INHUMANS!
    • And the X-Men’s resident genius, FORGE, has just been dispatched on a mission crucial to not just the X-Men’s success, but their survival.
    • But will Forge’s unrequited love for Storm drive him to start a war of his own when he’s partnered with the X-Man receiving her affections — OLD MAN LOGAN?

BANNED

Double post deleted.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 10-18-2016 at 12:05 PM.

Hahaha yes. Retcon Gwen Stacy. Give her ten books. Make Cubes gay, give him one book. People need to stop complaining. Some are trying to say we're only interested in Iceman now because he's gay. Sounds more like they're no longer interested because he's gay.

Well. Haters gonna hate.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #18
    JEFF LEMIRE (W) • VICTOR IBANEZ (A)
    Cover by DAVID YARDIN
    Variant Cover by TBA

INHUMANS VS. X-MEN TIE-IN!

• The X-MEN have waged war on the INHUMANS!
    • And the X-Men’s resident genius, FORGE, has just been dispatched on a mission crucial to not just the X-Men’s success, but their survival.
    • But will Forge’s unrequited love for Storm drive him to start a war of his own when he’s partnered with the X-Man receiving her affections — OLD MAN LOGAN?
    Here's a link to the list of solicits. The one for All-New X-Men is there.
    http://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-sol...-january-2017/

There is nothing wrong with liking a gay character because they're gay. That's an extremely personal and specific experience and no one is allowed to define that for anyone, and that includes the characters and narratives we gravitate to; and the experience of being LGBT+ is not a shallow experience, it defines many aspects of one's life. It's completely understandable why one would identify and enjoy a narrative that explores that, especially when we don't typically get those narratives by default like straight people do. I think not liking a character because they're sexual preference isn't what it was is more jarring, nothing that fundamentally makes Iceman who he was is tied exclusively to heterosexuality.
    Last edited by Wiccan615; 10-18-2016 at 12:26 PM.
    "It's not about adding diversity for the sake of diversity, it's about subtracting homogeneity for the sake of realism."
    -Mary Robinette Kowal

Where did you get this solicitation from because the one I read didn't say all of that...
    From the soliciations.

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-sol...-january-2017/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I read the the wrong "INHUMANS VS. X-MEN TIE-IN!" soliciation. Should have known there'd be more than one... Thanks.

There is nothing wrong with liking a gay character because they're gay. That's an extremely personal and specific experience and no one is allowed to define that for anyone, and that includes the characters and narratives we gravitate to; and that is not a shallow experience, it defines many aspects of one's life. I think not liking a character because they're sexual preference isn't what it was is more jarring, nothing that fundamentally makes Iceman who he was is tied to heterosexuality.
    I agree.

Oh and just a warning; the thread in the X-Books section for the upcoming Marvel solicits has spawned some more Iceman gay-bashing, because of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Won't you think of us straights? I mean, it isn't like we can connect to Marvel's flagship character who is straight and perfectly fits this description... Oh...
    Those characters are widespread amongst every creative medium. The average joe who is unlucky with the ladies and uses humour to hide his insecurities is a tired trope. Exploring themes of repression, internalized homophobia, and self denial not only fit Bobby in a way that actually progresses his character in an interesting and unique way, it's more fitting with what the X-Men are supposed to be about. It's also far more important to represent in the social context we live in.

It's also funny to me that people think that people who come out as gay later in life never could have those qualities. You can be all of those things and struggle with your same sex attraction, it's not and never will be that simple. Many people who come out later in life did have authentic heterosexual relationships and interests throughout their lives, but still struggled with unwanted feelings for the same sex and overtime things can change. Most people aren't the exact same when they're 20 vs when they're 30 and that can encompass many parts of their identity.
    Last edited by Wiccan615; 10-18-2016 at 12:41 PM.
    "It's not about adding diversity for the sake of diversity, it's about subtracting homogeneity for the sake of realism."
    -Mary Robinette Kowal

I really hope they don't go the vanilla route with Bobby, but rather to use him as an opportunity to explore the different facets of gay dating.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I agree.

Oh and just a warning; the thread in the X-Books section for the upcoming Marvel solicits has spawned some more Iceman gay-bashing, because of course.
    Honestly, it's not worth the time and they are not worth engaging with. It's like going into a forum or community that is predominately far right as far as politics are concerned. You can't convince them that things like transphobia are wrong, they have their mindsets made. Some just can't see past their own frame of reference so why waste the time and energy? It's true with comic book fans too, unless those people are LGBT and/or they have had or witnessed the specific experience that one narrative represents why would they care for it really?
    Last edited by Wiccan615; 10-18-2016 at 12:56 PM.
    -Mary Robinette Kowal

There is nothing wrong with liking a gay character because they're gay. That's an extremely personal and specific experience and no one is allowed to define that for anyone, and that includes the characters and narratives we gravitate to; and the experience of being LGBT+ is not a shallow experience, it defines many aspects of one's life. It's completely understandable why one would identify and enjoy a narrative that explores that, especially when we don't typically get those narratives by default like straight people do. I think not liking a character because they're sexual preference isn't what it was is more jarring, nothing that fundamentally makes Iceman who he was is tied exclusively to heterosexuality.
    People like to use that defense because it fits with their world view about anything being "diverse" being artistically inferior to whatever the norm is. You see it for just about every character or title put out that doesn't have a white, straight male character. The idea that a character can be interesting and well written AND also be representative of a minority group is a concept people don't seem to be able to grasp.

Honestly, it's not worth the time and they are not worth engaging with. It's like going into a forum or community that is predominately far right as far as politics are concerned. You can't convince them that things like transphobia are wrong, they have their mindsets made. Some just can't see past their own frame of reference so why waste the time and energy? It's true with comic book fans too, unless those people are LGBT and/or they have had or witnessed the specific experience that one narrative represents why would they care for it really?
    Once again I agree, Mikey Mike. I have had to add so many people to my ignore list in the wake of the Iceman series announcement.