View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 572 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 724725225625685695705715725735745755765826226721072 ... LastLast
Results 8,566 to 8,580 of 16973

Given how little we're being told, I don't believe we can definitively label any of these ResurrXion announcements.

<shrug>

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Given how little we're being told, I don't believe we can definitively label any of these ResurrXion announcements.

<shrug>
    Since you brought this subject: Just like Iceman series will be all about being gay, Jean Grey series will be all about her using her powers to make everyone gay. Old characters who no one previously cared about but are still going to make an uproar about it are the priority.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Mini?
    Where did you hear this was a mini? As far as I know it's going to be an ongoing.
    It certainly better be. If after all this time they can't even give him an ongoing.
    Oops. I meant solo, not mini. Just a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Oops. I meant solo, not mini. Just a typo.
    I mean, it COULD BE a mini.
    We don't really know for certain do we?
    I mean, they just keep tweeting these cover images with #1's on them. You know?
    I haven't seen any official Marvel anything saying "This guy gets a solo", Just lots of articles saying that on other sites.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

The only good to come out of hardly anyone reading Unstable Molecules was that young, bi Johnny Sturm didn't get more media attention, especially given that Namor-riff, Joey King, makes a play for both him and Sue in the space of an issue. Which, sadly, is kind of where we're still at in some ways. The bad press, the faux rage and the people who suddenly care so so much about these characters being straight in all incarnations, all realities, all media, it just comes out in force the moment anyone gets a whiff of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Since you brought this subject: Just like Iceman series will be all about being gay, Jean Grey series will be all about her using her powers to make everyone gay. Old characters who no one previously cared about but are still going to make an uproar about it are the priority.
    I'd be twenty-two pages a month of Jean cheering on guys to kiss each other over her grave. Like the Spectre, but instead of vengeance, she just comes back and fixes people up with each other.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Changing a little of subject, as I think it hadn't been mentioned in this thread, in last week's first issue of the Great Lake Avengers, Val Ventura also known as Flatman is now officially the team leader of the group (or at least till Mr. Inmortal returns, but I think that Val is more suited as he is more calm and less temperamental that Mr. I).
    had no idea Flatman is gay, i don't think many on lgbt comic book community knows about it

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    had no idea Flatman is gay, i don't think many on lgbt comic book community knows about it
    I knew Flatman was gay but I've never cared about it because he's basically just a joke character.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I knew Flatman was gay but I've never cared about it because he's basically just a joke character.
    Ditto. IIRC, Flatman came out in the same series where Slott outed Living Lightning about a decade back. One was literally a one-panel gag, the other wasn't much better.

Nothing wrong with a bit of fun and levity, but it was obvious neither one was going to be treated as more than a joke, and so it wasn't exactly impressive, especially given that Marvel's roster of out LGBT characters was shorter than it is today.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 10-19-2016 at 08:11 PM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Ditto. IIRC, Flatman came out in the same series where Slott outed Living Lightning about a decade back. One was literally a one-panel gag, the other wasn't much better.

Nothing wrong with a bit of fun and levity, but it was obvious neither one was going to be treated as more than a joke, and so it wasn't exactly impressive, especially given that Marvel's roster of out LGBT characters was shorter than it is today.
    Yeah, but Marvel should really bring Living Lightning back these days as a legitimate gay superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post

this is ahumor book, but the writing felt genuine for me. of course i'm without the context of the rest of the pages.

Astonishing Member

The GLA are largely parody characters--but that doesn't mean they can't/aren't used in serious stories and aren't legitimate characters.

As for Living Lightning, I agree that it is a shame not more has been done, both with his outing as a gay hero in particular and just with him in general--but in a way it was kind of refreshing that his 'outing' was handled in such a low-key, matter of fact way--without it needing to be a "very special issue" event. It would have just been better if there had been some follow-up use with him after that. But the point of his outing there was to inspire Flatman to finally have the courage to come out himself, after denying his orientation for so long.

Yeah, but Marvel should really bring Living Lightning back these days as a legitimate gay superhero.
    I would love to see Living Lightning back in the comics. Last time he appeared was in Scarlet Spider ongoing alongside the rest of the Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    I'd be twenty-two pages a month of Jean cheering on guys to kiss each other over her grave. Like the Spectre, but instead of vengeance, she just comes back and fixes people up with each other.
    . . . Son of a bitch, that would be awesome. A comic about a ghost dedicated to matchmaking? That's got potential. That's worth making.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I would love to see Living Lightning back in the comics. Last time he appeared was in Scarlet Spider ongoing alongside the rest of the Rangers.
    Agreed

Gay and Hispanic, which is a bonus. I think he is an under dog candidate for Adult Bobby's love interest
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God