View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 580 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 804805305705765775785795805815825835845906306801080 ... LastLast
Results 8,686 to 8,700 of 16973
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan615 View Post
    Lmao! The short version: Some dude came in here basically telling us that we shouldn't appreciate LGBT narratives, and they don't belong in comics. He was also perpetuating the idea that homosexuality is some illness and dismissed homophobia as a "buzz word" amongst other things. Fun night.
    I got deja vu for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by teamhawkeyes View Post
    https://sg.style.yahoo.com/doctor-st...170047549.html

So it looks like Wiccan is coming to the Avengers Academy game as part of the upcoming Doctor Strange event. No telling if he'll be free or premium, but still.
    SQUEAL!!!! I play that game, so very, VERY happy to hear this. Just unlocked Satana today, and she's quasi-LGBT+. And we have Union Jack.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    SQUEAL!!!! I play that game, so very, VERY happy to hear this. Just unlocked Satana today, and she's quasi-LGBT+. And we have Union Jack.
    Well you do. :P
    Still salty.

And yes, I'm also very excited about getting Wiccan in Avengers Academy.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    If you read the last issue of the Ultimates, America and Carol had a talk and ended making peace, so now it seems that both of them are in good terms.
    Yeah, pretty damn good terms. America's issues with Carol's methods weren't with Carol so much as the person that might come after her. (Which was implied to be Doctor Doom?)

She also gave Carol her own nickname, like she did Kate, but she TRIED to say she didn't.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Well you do. :P
    Still salty.
    I'm sure they'll re-release him at some point.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Doing a Patsy Walker reread after a recent article (not before? no; shooting from the hip), and sad thinking that maybe the reason it's listed as teen and up when it's all ages all the time, is because it's acknowledging that gay men, bisexuals, and healthy doses of pg-rated homoerotic ambience exist in the world.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Doing a Patsy Walker reread after a recent article (not before? no; shooting from the hip), and sad thinking that maybe the reason it's listed as teen and up when it's all ages all the time, is because it's acknowledging that gay men, bisexuals, and healthy doses of pg-rated homoerotic ambience exist in the world.
    That would certainly explain it and would indeed be a sad reason. I like it a lot, but it's a lot tamer than the material I was reading as a teen.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Sadly LGBT is still seem as not kid friendly, even if despicted right for a all ages book

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Sadly LGBT is still seem as not kid friendly, even if despicted right for a all ages book
    Agreed, which is why we appear in so, so, SO FEW animated films. ParaNorman, How to Train Your Dragon 2 (barely) and Finding Dory (possibly). The only three major Western animated films I'm aware to DARE to include LGBT+ characters. And ParaNorman is the only one to do it properly. Which is EXACTLY why we've not had a Young Avengers cartoon akin to Teen Titan. They won't include Billy/Teddy, and they know they'll get crucified for it.

Do any of you guys watch Steven Universe? It's pretty fantastic in that regard, it helps that it's created by a bisexual woman. It's such a fantastic show with great music and it covers a surprising amount of very complex themes.
    "It's not about adding diversity for the sake of diversity, it's about subtracting homogeneity for the sake of realism."
    -Mary Robinette Kowal

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Agreed, which is why we appear in so, so, SO FEW animated films. ParaNorman, How to Train Your Dragon 2 (barely) and Finding Dory (possibly). The only three major Western animated films I'm aware to DARE to include LGBT+ characters. And ParaNorman is the only one to do it properly. Which is EXACTLY why we've not had a Young Avengers cartoon akin to Teen Titan. They won't include Billy/Teddy, and they know they'll get crucified for it.
    I loved ParaNorman and that fact that they added a confirmed gay character made it so much better.

Do any of you guys watch Steven Universe? It's pretty fantastic in that regard, it helps that it's created by a bisexual woman. It's such a fantastic show with great music and it covers a surprising amount of very complex themes.
    Steven Universe is my second favourite show on television right now. It's one of the very few shows that can make me emotional and it's really hard to get me emotional because I'm a cold-hearted bastard, lol.

I would say its my favorite cartoon of all times. The stories are fantastic, the characters are great (Stevonnie is my favorite) but oh man, the themes it explores! I would have loved to have a show like this and songs like "It's Over Isn't It" when I was a confused bisexual kid.

I totally love it. The characters are interesting, amazing and fun and the songs are my favorite part of the show And it really explores curious themes and storylines.

Ya'll have fantastic taste, I'm glad to see so many SU fans here

And yeah, the show never fails to make me smile and yes I've cried on multiple occasions as well. It really delivers on all fronts! Whenever I'm feeling depressed I listen to "Here Comes A Thought" or "Stronger Than You." "It's over isn't it" completely wrecks me, it's so so so good. I also love all of the fusions! Stevonnie and Opal are probably my favourites!
    "It's not about adding diversity for the sake of diversity, it's about subtracting homogeneity for the sake of realism."
    -Mary Robinette Kowal

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Ya'll have fantastic taste, I'm glad to see so many SU fans here

And yeah, the show never fails to make me smile and yes I've cried on multiple occasions as well. It really delivers on all fronts! Whenever I'm feeling depressed I listen to "Here Comes A Thought" or "Stronger Than You." "It's over isn't it" completely wrecks me, it's so so so good. I also love all of the fusions! Stevonnie and Opal are probably my favourites!
    Ohh yeah, those songs are so good. "Here's Comes A Thought" is meant to help you deal with stress and "Stronger Than You" is an empowering song about Garnet being the literal embodiment same-sex love. Steven Universe probably is the best show on tv for LGBT viewers. The only caveat with the show that I have is that I wish they would include a male couple sometime, the "queer" content is always about female characters.