View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 59 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263691091595591059 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Same way Superman and Lex Luthor had a baby in Superboy (pre-Nu52 making everyone heteronormative): genetic engineering/human cloning. They've already established her genes are ripe for the taking in making the Stepford Cuckoos/3-in-1.
    That actually somewhat strikes a point against her being trans. The Cuckoos were revealed to be part of a large cloning operation using eggs taken from Emma herself. ...Unless she was somehow transplanted with a working uterine system. Not entirely out of the realm of possibility in a universe like Marvel's.

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Psylocke's just an incredibly interesting character from a race and LGBT+ perspective (even besides her already-intriguing personality, moral code, etc.). How much has the racial side of her body-switching been explored? To go from the most privileged race on Earth to a minority...does she consider herself Asian? White? And sexually, was her original body totally heterosexual, or bisexual, too? Is sexuality in the physical brain or in the spirit housed inside? Could Betsy have been attracted to Cluster (and any other women) in her original body, or is Kwannon's sexuality coming into play? It's all a bit trippy, isn't it?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    No. But that's not the point. Emma and he existed together on panel. Doesn't matter when it happened.
    Dammit! I found the cache page where the theory was posted that explained this, but now the page is gone! From what I can recall, "Emma" is a product of Christian's imagination. Throughout the Emma Frost solo series, Christian is constantly pushed aside and abused. Emma, on the other hand, is pretty much a role model; she's a strong, intelligent, confident young woman... basically, everything Christian would love to be. Think something a long the lines of movies like A Tale of Two Sisters or The Black Swan, with a bit of Sixth Sense. We also can't rule out that Emma might be a unreliable narrator (which honestly would be very much in character).

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I could totally see Emma being trans! Scott would flip
    No, Emma is honest with Scott!

Until Namor appeared...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    Psylocke's just an incredibly interesting character from a race and LGBT+ perspective (even besides her already-intriguing personality, moral code, etc.). How much has the racial side of her body-switching been explored? To go from the most privileged race on Earth to a minority...does she consider herself Asian? White? And sexually, was her original body totally heterosexual, or bisexual, too? Is sexuality in the physical brain or in the spirit housed inside? Could Betsy have been attracted to Cluster (and any other women) in her original body, or is Kwannon's sexuality coming into play? It's all a bit trippy, isn't it?
    I personally like Psylocke better in her original body. I was never a fan of the body switch with Kwannon. I say that Kwannon's mind should be returned to her original and for Betsy's mind to return to her own body. I wonder how power Kwannon would have been if the mind swap restored it to her original body.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    It's gotten better. The early issues did wind up being very much a superhero comic, which doesn't feel right for X-Factor. It's become a lot more character-driven lately. The last issue, and the one coming out tomorrow, also benefit from having a different artist. Carmine Di Giandomenico's a talented artist, but he's a piss-poor match for X-Factor. PAD writes a lot of dialogue, and his books rely on having an artist who can capture expressions well. CDG's style isn't very expressive - characters generally have "cool" looks on their faces, which doesn't get across tone very well. Pop Mhan is much better at that. Too bad he's only a temporary fill-in, and CDG's coming back.
    I remember one of the reasons I stopped buying All New X-Factor was because I'm not a fan of Carmine Di Giandomenico's style.
    Pop Mhan is amazing, and has worked with Peter David before in Spy Boy, if I'm remembering correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Dammit! I found the cache page where the theory was posted that explained this, but now the page is gone! From what I can recall, "Emma" is a product of Christian's imagination. Throughout the Emma Frost solo series, Christian is constantly pushed aside and abused. Emma, on the other hand, is pretty much a role model; she's a strong, intelligent, confident young woman... basically, everything Christian would love to be. Think something a long the lines of movies like A Tale of Two Sisters or The Black Swan, with a bit of Sixth Sense. We also can't rule out that Emma might be a unreliable narrator (which honestly would be very much in character).
    I get the concept. This is comics, literally anything is possible. I would say the mild cannon that supports the theory is the confusion of the mental institution. Its an interesting theory; and one that I don't believe will become fact. I always wanted Christian to come back. I actually thought Emma and Northstar would be friends as sort of outsiders among the X-Men and thought an arc where Christian returns and started dating Northstar would be fun.

So first Bendis says that there are plans for a trans character.

And today he posted this.

WHAT ARE YOU TEASING MR BENDIS????

;D

I get it's supposed to be diamond, but it looks more zombie.

Good explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    I do agree Betsy is awesome. But YES, I would like to see her comment on what it's like being Asian. Does she feel she is? Does she sometimes feel like a fraud? I'd like it explored a bit. But, overall, with the butterfly back and the thong gone, I'm just happy where she is right now.

I did like Fraction's "I'm going home" moment, though.

So first Bendis says that there are plans for a trans character.

And today he posted:
    WHAT ARE YOU TEASING MR BENDIS????
    No... WAY!!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... is it too much to hope?

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    That actually somewhat strikes a point against her being trans. The Cuckoos were revealed to be part of a large cloning operation using eggs taken from Emma herself. ...Unless she was somehow transplanted with a working uterine system. Not entirely out of the realm of possibility in a universe like Marvel's.
    I said here or in another thread (I can't keep track) using eggs to clone a person wouldn't really work so it would make more sense if they were actually using her stemcells (which adults still have) to engineer female clones from thus insuring they have her powers.

It's a mild retcon, or we say we have Emma still hiding things by having them believe it was her eggs to hide her XY genetic status.

No. But that's not the point. Emma and he existed together on panel. Doesn't matter when it happened.
    So do most characters imaginary friends. Spoiler alert: Fight Club.

In Emma Frost solo series they had many panels together and with others.
    According to her. We've also seen she had several versions of her family and can't remember her own childhood hair color at times.

I always wanted Christian to come back. I actually thought Emma and Northstar would be friends as sort of outsiders among the X-Men and thought an arc where Christian returns and started dating Northstar would be fun.
    Well Northstar's married now anyway.
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 09-18-2014 at 06:57 AM.

Odin (for once) was shown as a good father in the recent Thor and Loki: the 10th Realm #5, where he happily refers to his son, his daughter, and his child who is both. Very accepting and open minded.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I think Christian works best within the context of her teen years and the origin, rather than suddenly reappearing in his 20s/30s to date a superhero. But it would be cute if we saw him with a partner of the non-super hero kind. Emma Frost hasn't really been utilised as much of a protagonist recently, really. Plus she doesn't seem like the sort of character who would want to hold onto the baggage of family, especially given how much of an ******* their father was. Maybe he's undergone more physical abuse. Maybe his depression has worsened or he's taken a subsequent suicide attempt. Or maybe he's settled down. But then maybe they can unite in how bad their childhood was and be able to hang out as siblings. Could be fun to see.

We need to see more male Emma Frost cosplays. That guy is just *swoons*

With a female Thor, perhaps we'll see Emma Frost lose her powers to be replaced by Christian wearing that exact same costume and now carrying her name? That's one way of doing it. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I said here or in another thread (I can't keep track) using eggs to clone a person wouldn't really work so it would make more sense if they were actually using her stemcells (which adults still have) to engineer female clones from thus insuring they have her powers.

It's a mild retcon, or we say we have Emma still hiding things by having them believe it was her eggs to hide her XY genetic status.

So do most characters imaginary friends. Spoiler alert: Fight Club.

According to her. We've also seen she had several versions of her family and can't remember her own childhood hair color at times.

Well Northstar's married now anyway.
    Haha. Right, we can't break up Northstar recently forced and basically unused marriage; but lets turn one of Marvel's strongest most popular independent women with a long history into a trans. Logic! :P

Haha. Right, we can't break up Northstar recently forced and basically unused marriage; but lets turn one of Marvel's strongest most popular independent women with a long history into a trans. Logic! :P
    I need to remind you this is an APPRECIATION thread. If you can't say positive things, take it else where #isaythiswithlove
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 09-18-2014 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I need to rind you this is an APPRECIATION thread. If you can't say positive things, take it else where #isaythiswithlove
    Nothing I have said has been negative. I was making a joke. And an appreciation thread are about the characters; which we ARE appreciating. Just because we disagree about something doesn't make it an attack. If anyone really feels that I am then I welcome them to PM me. We're here to discuss and converse not blog.