View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 605 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 1055055555956016026036046056066076086096156557051105 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,075 of 16972
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    To be fair, Fantomex is bisexual
    I wouldn't really say he's bi, more like a pathological narcissist. The only person he loves is himself, and for him sex is merely an external confirmation of his own desirability.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I wouldn't really say he's bi, more like a pathological narcissist. The only person he loves is himself, and for him sex is merely an external confirmation of his own desirability.
    I really do wish Morrison had got to do his literal "three-a-bed" with him, Wolverine, and Cyclops.

Because.

But, I wonder if that actually counters being het, bi, or gay, the narcissism angle. Depends on how you define the parameters, I guess.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Morrison's run was iconic and celebrated for its subversive and progressive take on the superhero landscape and for opening up an actual possibility of the dream of co-existence finally coming true through thriving mutant sub-cultures. Marvel didn't show any respect for those rich concepts and jettisoned them off pretty quickly to return to a lame, regressive "endangered species" status quo.

Their fascination is only with the simplest, "edgiest" of Morrison's creations, or ones who they have completely misinterpreted (Fantomex wasn't envisioned as anything more than an obnoxious spoof of Gambit). And I can't be the only one to see the irony in constantly pushing two white male characters out of all the contributions present in the Grant Morrison toybox.
    Oh, I agree that the X-office has completely dropped the ball with what Morrison set up. A lot of that is down to goddamn Quesada. And it sucks that the intentionally-lame white guys are the Morrison creations that the X-office has decided should totally be the ones who get all the attention. That's crap.

I was just saying that I think the reason Fantomex gets so much love in the X-office is because he came from Morrison's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    To be fair, Fantomex is bisexual; so a) it's actually unusual for an LGBT+ character to be pushed, which does sort of put that theory down (sadly) b) this is an appreciation thread, so let's all remember that when talking about Fantomex.
    To be fair to me, I don't think many folks at the X-Offices remember or care he's supposed to be "bi" when they push him onto writers. And I put that in quotes because as Dante Milton said, the parameters are very undefined there and the character doesn't label himself as bisexual AFAIK. If someone like Hercules can be "straightened" (ugh!), then the cop out for completely excluding Fantomex's attraction to anyone but cisgendered supermodel-esque women can be put forth very conveniently.

Which is more likely here: Is he being pushed as a shining beacon of greater inclusiveness? Or is he being pushed because he plays perfectly as a reckless white male power fantasy figure?
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 12-02-2016 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąяĄ Tycon View Post
    I REALLY hope they revisit Bling, Mercury and Jubilee in Generation X in regard to what happened in the Adjectiveless X-Men run. Would love to have a bisexual Jubilee and coupled with the fact that Illyana and Dani are on the title as well.
    Wwwwwwwwwweeeeeell, Illyana and Dani might appear according to the writer, but they're not primary cast members.
    Also, not a couple. Or gay. Either of them. Yet. I mean, if a writer goes there, then sure. But currently, neither are gay.

Did anyone else see that bizarre tie in marvel did for world AIDS day?

IMG_3070.jpg

I guess they wanted to do something, but weren't brave enough to have heroes from at risk communities represent. And to be honest I don't really blame them because it's easy for social media to turn into a s***storm. I guess I'm saying I wish our community could handle seeing lgbtiq heroes talk honestly about HIV and getting tested etc without people throwing around the word homophobic

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post

IMG_3070.jpg

I guess they wanted to do something, but weren't brave enough to have heroes from at risk communities represent. And to be honest I don't really blame them because it's easy for social media to turn into a s***storm. I guess I'm saying I wish our community could handle seeing lgbtiq heroes talk honestly about HIV and getting tested etc without people throwing around the word homophobic
    Eh, they probably didn't think too much on it and just chose people who fit the red theme.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Tony was checking out STD pamphlets in the waiting room of a SHIELD hospital just a few months ago.

While the characters were almost certainly just picked for the color scheme, several of them could probably do with the occasional blood test.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Well, that was only by Marvel Games with Contest of Champions stuff.

BANNED

Trivia fact: Daredevil dated Karen Page, who was manipulated into thinking she had contracted AIDS. I'm not certain if Matt learned the truth after her death.

Not that the average person would know that.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 12-02-2016 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post

IMG_3070.jpg

. . . Iron Man is in there twice.

Incredible Member

Of course there are also no X-Men there most likely because X-Men can not get aids.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Of course there are also no X-Men there most likely because X-Men can not get aids.
    Oh, goddammit, every time I manage to forget that stupid story, someone has to remind me it exists. You monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Oh, goddammit, every time I manage to forget that stupid story, someone has to remind me it exists. You monster.
    Don't be such a wet blanket, Tiamatty.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Well, they got the Legacy Virus, which amounts to pretty much the same thing.