View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 61 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465711111615611061 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post

I read an interview with the writers of Incredible Herc, who said that they did intend for him to be considered as bi. And Pak did make his alt uni Herc definitely gay in x-treme x-men. I'd just prefer if they'd done the same in 616, instead of suggesting Northstar was ashamed. (I don"t think to be fair that that was what the writers were trying to do.)
    I read that as Northstar respecting Herc, not being ashamed...Maybe Herc asked him to keep it on the downlow who knows...Maybe in a drunken orgy something happened...It happens to the best of us...

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I am curious as to why you think Scott would be so accepting?
    Well, he is really into kinky things; he has fantasies with the Dark Phoenix, 3 of his girlfriends had been dominatrix at some point of their lives, the ridiculous amount of subtext between him and Wolverine......................................... .................

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    What I really, really want is a teen trans character. There's a reason I want it. I want the character to know they're transgender, and to have known for a while. But I want them to still be figuring some stuff out, and I want them not to have undergone any surgery yet. A lot of trans people don't get the surgery, and I want that to be something the character thinks about.

What I want is a character who explores the complexities of being transgender.
    Yeah, my original post said "teen hero," but I didn't want to be too limiting, lol. A teen hero probably would be best, for the reasons you stated. Both the character and the reader would be exploring those complexities together.

I think I agree. Also, there's not much story in someone who's happy and secure in their identity, and comics need drama.
    The reason for it to be someone who is secure in their identity (not necessarily 100% happy all the time, just someone who won't take other people's guff about it) is to be a good role model for others. Putting up a good front, still having the same inner struggles any of us do, but doing the best they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Honestly, I really like the Emma Frost theory. It would be a good choice. It is believeable for her character, Scott accepting it is very believable. It works.
    The main thing, for me, is how much history they'd have to retcon. Of course, she's already had more than one origin story...

I do agree it would make a certain amount of sense (she has had plastic surgery, for one thing) and that Scott would accept Emma no matter what (even though he seems kind of shallow when it comes to everyone/everything else, he seems to be hot for Emma no matter what...).

But again, I guess he'd have to be, to have been sleeping with her this entire time. Unless of course, she's post-op and just never mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    I wish all funerals involved all former lovers identifying themselves.
    Me, too! They'd be much more interesting, then. :P

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I read that as Northstar respecting Herc, not being ashamed...Maybe Herc asked him to keep it on the downlow who knows...Maybe in a drunken orgy something happened...It happens to the best of us...
    He's from Ancient Greece, isn't that the society that thought it was beautiful when a man chooses to lie with another man, instead of that awful necessity of lying with a woman to make teh babbiez?

And is this the same Hercules who was widely regarded to have a lover in Iolaus?

'Cos: "He was popularly regarded as Heracles's lover, and the shrine to him in Thebes was a place where male couples worshiped and made vows."

http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tm...cs/Iolaus.html

Yes, that page is copy-pasted word-for-word from Wikipedia. So proud of our young Princeton students these days, lol...

But Wikipedia apparently got it from an actual book. So... And I don't remember if Iolaus was the lover of Hercules that was killed in The Odyssey or if that was another one, but... you get the point.

The point is, if anyone's going to be casually open about being bisexual, it's Herc.

Out him how? He's a Greek God, they slept with anyone or anything that would let them. Man, woman, goat, cow, tree, flower etc...
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, he is really into kinky things; he has fantasies with the Dark Phoenix, 3 of his girlfriends had been dominatrix at some point of their lives, the ridiculous amount of subtext between him and Wolverine......................................... .................
    Which is totally valid, considering they were hinting at Teen Scott and X-23 being a thing, lol. I know it didn't happen, but... SO CLOSE!
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Of course, we don't even need to see them undergo surgery; just the surrounding thoughts about it and other nuances of a transgender identity are enough, and says being trans isn't just about the reassignment surgery.
    Exactly. Plenty of trans people never get the surgery, so it'd be cool to have the character uncertain whether to do it.

Mystique and Destiny. I'd love to see a series set in the 19th century when Mystique was impersonating Sherlock Holmes and got together with a very young Irene Adler. Flesh out their first meeting. Mini.
    I keep saying the same thing. Marvel should do a mini showing how Mystique and Destiny first met and fell in love. It'd be cool to see.

I really frigging hate that scene. Hate it so damned much. The book shows a bunch of guys talking about their experiences with Hercules, and then the women are reduced to talking about how good he was in bed. Stupid, offensive, misogynistic bullshit.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

I really frigging hate that scene. Hate it so damned much. The book shows a bunch of guys talking about their experiences with Hercules, and then the women are reduced to talking about how good he was in bed. Stupid, offensive, misogynistic bullshit.
    If it helps, I could swear most of the faces on those women are male.

But yeah, you're right.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Ultimate Member

I don't know the svartalf, but that was also ridiculously out of character for Namora, Snowbird and Natasha. Namora's the only one who *might* be quite that open about her sex partners, as she has been shown talking pretty bluntly in the past, and not giving a crap what others think of her actions, but Snowbird and Black Widow? No.

It would at least have made a like of sense, characterization-wise, if it was women like Valkyrie or Thundra, who are all kinds of blunt and kind of two-dimensional, but the way it was written, it just felt like it was degrading some strong female characters to fluff up the 'man cred' of Hercules after the fact.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

If I am looking at this correctly, Northstar is cheating on Kyle (bottom right.)

x-kiss.jpg

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Good. He should cheat. Kyle is a dull character. Northstar needs excitement and it doesn't get more exciting than Daken

(Side note, no one should ever actually cheat, but these aren't real people)
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Yeah I agree. Kyle serves only one purpose and that's someone for northstar to marry. Northstar would have crazy chemistry with Daken as well

Here's a question: which LGBT characters would you like to see get their own solo titles, be it a one-shot, limited series or ongoing?
    Easy. Anole solo.
    Or a a duo book featuring Wiccan and Hulkling or Phyla-vell and Moondragon.
    Those are the things I most want from Marvel, but I'm sure they'll never happen.

Yeah no, I have to agree that the scene came of more like Northstar being ashamed. He was rushing off before he might be found out as having slept with Herc.

I'm confused about something in that image.
    Who are the people above Daken/Northstar?
    That looks like Roxy (Bling) kissing Graymalkin, but that doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Yeah I agree. Kyle serves only one purpose and that's someone for northstar to marry. Northstar would have crazy chemistry with Daken as well
    I agree as well. Boring non-character whose only purpose was to get Northstar in that rushed wedding. Just fuel for Marvel PR machine. 'Look at us, we've got a gay marriage! Aren't we progressive?'

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Kyle's appearances have basically come down to:
    The Nation X back-up from 2009 where he's a cute and perfect boyfriend
    Astonishing X-Men, starting with the marriage

Did he ever receive a mention in the latest Alpha Flight series?

I want to see more of Kyle because a) Northstar, b) diversity of colour within a queer relationship is great to see c) non-superhero boyfriend and d) Kyle is a great name. But I suspect we'd need Marjorie Liu to beg Marvel before that happens. Northstar is appearing in Amazing X-Men, but pretty sure no-one's reading that now and Kyle, if he does appear, would be in an incredibly minor appearance.

Diversity could also be achieved if he dated Daken which is a far more exciting relationship to explore in my opinion

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

I still think the guy getting kissed on the cheek is O5 Iceman but it could be Anole that's kissing him, or Bling as some suggest. I would hate to think that they'd put older Iceman kissing his younger self. Deadpool on Deapool makes complete sense. Well, he's goofy like that.

I don't understand Nightcrawler and Rogue, Daken and Northstar, and NuAngel and Psylocke. I really don't like how everyone keeps drawing NuAngel with Apoc wings when he was reincarnated with his original feathered wings. He has been remade by a Life Seed and he doesn't have any traces of Death Seed in him. Ugh! Just a quick rant... I'm done.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    I still think the guy getting kissed on the cheek is O5 Iceman but it could be Anole that's kissing him, or Bling as some suggest. I would hate to think that they'd put older Iceman kissing his younger self. Deadpool on Deapool makes complete sense. Well, he's goofy like that.

I don't understand Nightcrawler and Rogue, Daken and Northstar, and NuAngel and Psylocke. I really don't like how everyone keeps drawing NuAngel with Apoc wings when he was reincarnated with his original feathered wings. He has been remade by a Life Seed and he doesn't have any traces of Death Seed in him. Ugh! Just a quick rant... I'm done.
    Nightcrawler/Rogue is like, incest as far as I'm concerned.

Daken and Northstar, I would have never pegged them for anything before, now I really want to see it happen.

But that's more because I want to see more Daken. Lots more Daken.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    Yeah, it's hard to tell who the two on the right are. It does look initially to me like Iceman and Iceman, but that is bizarre. Then again, I don't know how we'd have two Deadpools to pull that little scene off either.

Who are the two in the middle? Mystique and Charles? And who is Beast kissing?