View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 64 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768741141645641064 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Loki can't get with Daken, he's saving himself for Billy.

Maybe Teddy can go with a bad boy on the rebound
    Grrrrr! Now you've crossed some lines! Hahaha.

Billy and Teddy are absolutely my favorite couple in comics! Hands down. I think if they ever break up I'll be genuinely sad. I full adore everything about thier gushy little romance! It's corny as all hell, sure. But it's so.freaking.cute!

Loki and Daken can have each other, and fester in thier mutal stifling self pitty.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Prodigy is a weapon. He's a master of martial arts. He doesn't need a weapon anymore than Kitty Pryde or Iron Fist.
    Kitty has powers. Iron Fist has his Iron Fist. Steve Rogers, Daredevil, Finesse, even Shang Chi now: they all have weapons.
    Prodigy needs something more than his fists on the battlefield. Maybe a stick, or some shape shifting weapon that would adapt to his different skills. He and Noh Varr could build something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    I dunno, I like the fact that Kyle's not a 'hero' (although, he's def heroic in nature!). While it limits his use in the comics (relegating him to supporting cast forevermore), it just seems 'right'.
    I wouldn't hate it or protest it or anything though. I'm just not 'super keen' on the idea.
    I'm torn. On the one hand if Kyle never becomes a hero he will forever be a footnote. The couple could never become "the" LGBT couple, because Kyle wouldn't really amount to much more than a small percentage of them. BUT on the other hand, having Kyle means a writer is unlikely to break them up (no-one cared who Northstar dated before Kyle -- RE: never had a boyfriend). I think Kyle being a superhero will increase his popularity and personality BUT also increase the chance one day we may lose the first ever LGBT married couple.

And sure, you are more than welcome to a Daken and Loki relationship. I care nothing about either character, and it would keep Loki occupied so he doesn't play too heavy in Angela's new book (who, I feel, needs a girlfirend to love on, btw).
    Angela and Valkyrie?

Billy and Teddy are absolutely my favorite couple in comics! Hands down. I think if they ever break up I'll be genuinely sad. I full adore everything about thier gushy little romance! It's corny as all hell, sure. But it's so.freaking.cute!
    I too would be very sad, as they are my favourite couple EVER!!! I don't think they are corny, because they'd certainly suffered some serious heart-ache. Who are your "Top 3" favourite couples at Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Kitty has powers. Iron Fist has his Iron Fist. Steve Rogers, Daredevil, Finesse, even Shang Chi now: they all have weapons.
    Prodigy needs something more than his fists on the battlefield. Maybe a stick, or some shape shifting weapon that would adapt to his different skills. He and Noh Varr could build something like that.
    With his h2h skills and massive intelligence, I'd say he doesn't need a weapon (he's already uber formidable). But let's play ball... hmmm.... I wanna think of a weapon that both "feels right" for Prodigy and also isn't used by other heroes. It shouldn't be bladed. So many some nunchucks or a 3-section cudgel?

I'm torn. On the one hand if Kyle never becomes a hero he will forever be a footnote. The couple could never become "the" LGBT couple, because Kyle wouldn't really amount to much more than a small percentage of them. BUT on the other hand, having Kyle means a writer is unlikely to break them up (no-one cared who Northstar dated before Kyle -- RE: never had a boyfriend). I think Kyle being a superhero will increase his popularity and personality BUT also increase the chance one day we may lose the first ever LGBT married couple.
    Agreed, 100%!

Angela and Valkyrie?
    Ororo's single again now....

I too would be very sad, as they are my favourite couple EVER!!! I don't think they are corny, because they'd certainly suffered some serious heart-ache. Who are your "Top 3" favourite couples at Marvel?
    Current?

1.) Billy and Teddy
    2.) Janet and Alex
    3.) Steve and Sharon

Past?

1.) Vision and Wanda
    2.) Natasha and Bucky
    3.) Ororo and Forge

Ororo's single again now....
    Careful, don't want the wrath of certain Thunder Thighs brought down on us for even suggesting such a thing (but YES, that is a perfect idea!!!)

Current?

1.) Billy and Teddy
    2.) Janet and Alex
    3.) Steve and Sharon

Past?

1.) Vision and Wanda
    2.) Natasha and Bucky
    3.) Ororo and Forge
    Oh I loved Natasha/Bucky too! Errr... Steve and Sharon? Isn't she... you know...???

"TOP 3" (of all time)
    1. Billy & Teddy
    2. Moonstone & Clint
    3. Emma & Scott

Most romances don't please me because so often I find only one of them is likeable in the couple, but these three made me so happy.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 09-21-2014 at 07:24 AM.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Loki can't get with Daken, he's saving himself for Billy.

Maybe Teddy can go with a bad boy on the rebound
    Ass-gardian with an Asgardian? I'd like to see 16 year old Billy's reaction to that.

Careful, don't want the wrath of certain Thunder Thighs brought down on us for even suggesting such a thing (but YES, that is a perfect idea!!!)

Oh I loved Natasha/Bucky too! Errr... Steve and Sharon? Isn't she... you know...???

"TOP 3" (of all time)
    1. Billy & Teddy
    2. Moonstone & Clint
    3. Emma & Scott

Most romances don't please me because so often I find only one of them is likeable in the couple, but these three made me so happy.
    Right? Ororo and Angela hooking up would allow me to forgive so many wrongs done to both of these ladies by Marvel!

*Spoiler*

Nope. Sharon's alive and well. I'll freely admit, I literally cried. Like, full on, tears streaming down my face... A couple of times that issue (CA #23). When Ian revealed himself to Steve, and when they found Sharon. So.Freaking.Good.

I can't possibly do 'of all time'. I'd need five spots: Billy and Teddy, Vision and Wanda, Steve and Sharon, Bucky and Natasha, and Ororo and Forge. All of them are equally special to me, for thier own reasons. That's why I had to cheat. I added Alex and Janet. I'm not sure if they're destined to make my 'all time favorite' list yet, but I'm full rooting for them at the moment (I'm so, so sorry Lorna....).

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

I don't really know much about Kyle or what he does but he could be like Marvel's Lois Lane- not damsel in distress Lois- I mean in the cool way when Lois and Clark were married, a sort of non-powered hero support type. Investigations and so on.

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Maybe for drama, Kyle could take some kind of an... antagonistic, but not villainous role? Like, if we were in Civil War, he could've been anti-/pro-Reg, whatever Northstar wasn't. For Schism, he'd be Gold, Northstar Blue. Something like that, y'know? Different ideologies that put the couple into conflict and spark things up, but they're still in love.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Here's a question: which LGBT characters would you like to see get their own solo titles, be it a one-shot, limited series or ongoing?
    -Ms. America ongoing
    -Hercules ongoing
    -Give Karma a more prominent role somewhere
    -Annabelle/Valkyrie ongoing, either solo or a team book

BONUS: Get Anya out of the closet and give her a ongoing.

In all honesty, it's a sad day if the offensive 80's trope of 'manipulative, evil gay man' is held up as 'one of the most prominent' gay characters in Marvel Comics.
    Indeed, Marvel's most prominent bisexual character being a blatant example of the "Depraved Bisexual" trope is pretty shitty. Especially since the other most prominent bisexual is Mystique - who also fits the same trope. It's problematic.

QUESTIONS:
    a) do you like Daken?
    b) did you read Dark Wolverine by Liu/Way?
    a) No. I find him to be a bad character, one who's almost never written in an interesting way.

b) Yes. I thought both did a poor job on the character.

I would say the 10 most prominent LGBT characters at Marvel are: Northstar, Daken, Wiccan, Hulkling, Mystique, Loki, Rictor, Shatterstar, Moondragon and Anole. While "manipulative anti-hero" is a common trait, it's not the sole type being shown.
    Six bisexuals here, and four of them are manipulative. That's probably not a good thing.

I mean, one of my own all time favorite Marvel characters is a certain 'genocidal loon', after all
    Is it Squirrel Girl?

DEAL!!! Daken can be with Loki (come on, how fun would Daken be in Loki: Agent of Asgard) and we can keep Marvel's first LGBT marriage together. Though I do think Kyle should get Freedom Ring's ring ()
    Bleh! No! I like Loki. I don't want Daken anywhere near him. Besides, I love the chemistry Loki has with Verity.

I dunno, I like the fact that Kyle's not a 'hero' (although, he's def heroic in nature!). While it limits his use in the comics (relegating him to supporting cast forevermore), it just seems 'right'.
    Agreed. MJ never had to be superhero to keep that marriage interesting.

Angela and Valkyrie?
    Angela's already got her flirtations with Gamora. Though admittedly, I don't want that to become an actual relationship, because it's so much more fun as it is now.

There's surprisingly few options right now, actually. And fewer good ones. I suppose I'll go with Kitty/Quill, Loki/Verity

For all time, I'll go with Peter/MJ, Scott/Emma, Loki/Leah (I don't care that they never even kissed, they were adorable). Kitty/Wisdom's up there. Honorable mention to Storm/Yukio, since it's not actually canon.

I also really liked Mettle/Hazmat, Julie/Karolina and Reptil/White Tiger. Bling!/Mercury seemed like it'd be interesting, but we haven't actually gotten to see it.

And I'll also go with Karma/Karma's hand, since the poor girl can't seem to get a date.

And you know what? Puck II/Major Mapleleaf. From Alpha Flight Vol. 3. Mapleleaf was just such a a goofily nice guy that it was charming, and Puck II's inability to not be charmed was cute. They made an adorable couple, and I loved them.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I don't really know much about Kyle or what he does but he could be like Marvel's Lois Lane- not damsel in distress Lois- I mean in the cool way when Lois and Clark were married, a sort of non-powered hero support type. Investigations and so on.
    Yeah. Kyle can be a support character, helping out behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    That only really works if there's a Northstar solo ongoing.
    For Kyle to be like Lois he needs to be a lot more prominent and that's really only going to happen if Northstar gets his own ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Six bisexuals here, and four of them are manipulative. That's probably not a good thing.
    Doesn't Rictor identify as gay now? He shouldn't be considered bisexual just because he had previous straight relationships. Some people come out later in life.
    And what about Moondragon? I don't know if she is considered bisexual or a lesbian nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Doesn't Rictor identify as gay now? He shouldn't be considered bisexual just because he had previous straight relationships. Some people come out later in life.
    And what about Moondragon? I don't know if she is considered bisexual or a lesbian nowadays.
    I was under the impression that Rictor identified as bisexual. I don't know if Moondragon has said one way or the other, but it seems reasonable to assume she's bisexual, for now.

But if we remove those two, then that's three of the four most prominent bisexuals being morally-dubious manipulators.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Rictor and Shatterstar, that is an ongoing I would read

Side note, just catching up on the first arc of the All New Ghost Rider. Why did they make Robbie Reyes shave his head?! His little camp dye job streak was great
    Last edited by legion_quest; 09-21-2014 at 04:02 PM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

NSFW:
    Some very nice looking Hulkling and Wiccan body paint.