View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 735 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 235635685725731732733734735736737738739745785835 ... LastLast
Results 11,011 to 11,025 of 16974

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    There's Romeo, but he's mostly noteworthy for being MIA right now. :/
    Oh duh! I was thinking more of the main Inhuman series, I feel like Romeo is more an X-character than an Inhuman character.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    The Week In Gay!
    Captain Marvel #8 has America, Glory and Avril in it. And it maybe implies that the new Quasar is dead? Which is weird?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Avril's fate was ambiguous, at best. I don't know if anyone can claim to know if she's really dead or not. But yeah, her role in the story - like almost everyone else's - left a lot to be desired.
    It was really weird that the CM issue was saying Avril's dead (Carol talks about not having time yet to mourn her). There is nothing in the artwork to indicate she had died, and more importantly there was nothing at all in the original SECRET EMPIRE scene that said she died. I realize that Avril hasn't exactly become a major player as of yet, but you'd think if she was killed off that her death would be established in the main event book rather than one of the tie-ins. Especially given that she was a creation of Spencer's, it seems very odd that he wouldn't have been the one to establish her death in his own event.

But if she's not supposed to be dead...then where did Stohl get that idea from (and why wouldn't the editors correct her)?

If Avril is dead, its a bit of a waste--she got sidelined for the whole event, and then comes out of her coma for two pages and then die? Sure, she got to make a major contribution in terms of being the one to break the shield and turn the tide of the battle, but still....

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus
    I just really want Phyla-Vell back. Have we heard anything new from Duggan on that?
    Not as of yet, no. But the subplot with the soul gem, and at least fragments of her and various other souls being stuck inside, is still playing out...so it may happen down the road a bit. I like and miss Phyla too--but I don't really want to see her back as Quasar. Either let her keep her own distinct identity as Martyr, or have her go back to representing Mar-Vell's legacy in some manner. I enjoyed her brief stint as Quasar well enough, but I don't need to see her go back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest
    No offence to her, she might have become a great character, but she was around for a hot minute, did nothing and wasnt really wanted (and got the powers in a way that really pissed off fans of Wendall, so never really had a chance) so I can't say I really care.
    Yeah, I resented her when she was first introduced since I have always liked Wendell--and Marvel had already done the "push Wendell aside to replace him with a female substitute" thing with Phyla just a few years earlier so it seemed like a pointless retread of something Wendell fans protested the last time they tried it.

But I have to admit Avril did start to grow on me a bit--and it helped that they kept Wendell around in a supporting role as her trainer and mentor. I'm still not happy that he was replaced in the first place, but at least he wasn't entirely dismissed and forgotten.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    How exactly did they get a Skrull child? My best guess is Teddy rearranged his internal organs so he could lay an egg.
    Oh God, the thought of Teddy laying an egg through a shapeshifted vagina/cloaca/whatever.... :x

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Not as of yet, no. But the subplot with the soul gem, and at least fragments of her and various other souls being stuck inside, is still playing out...so it may happen down the road a bit. I like and miss Phyla too--but I don't really want to see her back as Quasar. Either let her keep her own distinct identity as Martyr, or have her go back to representing Mar-Vell's legacy in some manner. I enjoyed her brief stint as Quasar well enough, but I don't need to see her go back to it.
    Oh, I don't necessarily want her as Quasar either. I just really want her back. I don't really care about codenames for her, though, as I feel like she is better known as Phyla-Vell anyway, which is a kick-ass name by itself. Much like Jean Grey, I don't feel like she has to have a codename.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Oh God, the thought of Teddy laying an egg through a shapeshifted vagina/cloaca/whatever.... :x
    Could have been done using magic or something too I guess.

BANNED

I'm glad you said it. Now I can feel comfortable can agreeing. ^_^'

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    That's what I figured - magical shenanigans.

Grandma Wanda would be all like:

Astonishing Member

Making kids possible through magic is a family tradition...although it hasn't always worked out smoothly.

On the other hand, they might have used some of Teddy's family history when it comes to kids. Teddy's half-siblings were both born through technology using DNA samples (since Mar-Vell was already dead before both Genis and Phyla were conceived) and then artificially aged to young adulthood so that they wouldn't be vulnerable targets for their father's old enemies. Maybe they used advanced alien tech to have their kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Making kids possible through magic is a family tradition...although it hasn't always worked out smoothly.

On the other hand, they might have used some of Teddy's family history when it comes to kids. Teddy's half-siblings were both born through technology using DNA samples (since Mar-Vell was already dead before both Genis and Phyla were conceived) and then artificially aged to young adulthood so that they wouldn't be vulnerable targets for their father's old enemies. Maybe they used advanced alien tech to have their kid?
    Magic from a demon's soul, alien tech that creates adults within minutes... you just gotta love those comic book conceptions.

Also, the whole topic of artificially aging reminded me of something: I kind of have this headcanon that this kind of tech was used on Teddy too. I say this because he was conceived during the Kree/Skrull war, right? Which, IRL, took place during the 70s. If Teddy was born during the 70s, there is NO WAY he would've been a teenager by the time Young Avengers #1 came out, using the sliding timescale. He'd be around 8 (I'm using this calendar as reference). So I like to think his biological or adoptive mother used a similar alien tech to age and mature him (perhaps trying to disguise him from the Skrulls and the Krees?), because the other option would be that he was a little kid passing as a teenager, which would just make his relationship with Billy look creepy and wrong.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-02-2017 at 11:50 PM.

Magic from a demon's soul, alien tech that creates adults within minutes... you just gotta love those comic book conceptions.

Also, the whole topic of artificially aging reminded me of something: I kind of have this headcanon that this kind of tech was used on Teddy too. I say this because he was conceived during the Kree/Skrull war, right? Which, IRL, took place during the 70s. If Teddy was born during the 70s, there is NO WAY he would've been a teenager by the time Young Avengers #1 came out, using the sliding timescale. He'd be around 8 (I'm using this calendar as reference). So I like to think his biological or adoptive mother used a similar alien tech to age and mature him (perhaps trying to disguise him from the Skrulls and the Krees?), because the other option would be that he was a little kid passing as a teenager, which would just make his relationship with Billy look creepy and wrong.
    I mean, in-story it wasn't in the '70s though. I think the canon is that it has been since like 20 years or less since the '60s...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I mean, in-story it wasn't in the '70s though. I think the canon is that it has been since like 20 years or less since the '60s...
    Well, the Marvel Wikia page I posted says it was officially stated by a Marvel Handbook that for each Marvel year ever since 1961, around 4 or 5 years have passed IRL. The early 70s would be year 3, and thus, by the highlighted years, you can count 8 years until YA #1 came out in 2005:

Year 01: Nov 1961-Oct 1965
    Year 02: Nov 1965-Oct 1969
    Year 03: Nov 1969-Oct 1973
    Year 04: Nov 1973-Oct 1977
    Year 05: Nov 1977-Oct 1981
    Year 06: Nov 1981-Oct 1985
    Year 07: Nov 1985-Oct 1989
    Year 08: Nov 1989-Oct 1993
    Year 09: Nov 1993-Oct 1997
    Year 10: Nov 1997-Oct 2001
    Year 11: Nov 2001-Oct 2005

Year 12: Nov 2005-Oct 2009
    Year 13: Nov 2009-Oct 2013
    Year 14: Nov 2013-Oct 2017
    Year 15: Nov 2017-Oct 2021
    Year 16: Nov 2021-Oct 2025
    Year 17: Nov 2025-Oct 2029
    That would literally make Teddy 8 years old in 2005 and 11 now. Now, of course, we can just dismiss this and say Marvel just broke their rules. It should also be noted that apparently this calendar was officially established in 2008, after Heinberg had created Hulkling, so it wasn't completely his fault. But nonetheless, it IS a continuity mistake by official Marvel canon.

Well, the Marvel Wikia page I posted says it was officially stated by a Marvel Handbook that for each Marvel year ever since 1961, around 4 or 5 years have passed IRL. The early 70s would be year 3, and thus, by the highlighted years, you can count 8 years until YA #1 came out in 2005:

That would literally make Teddy 8 years old in 2005 and 11 now. Now, of course, we can just dismiss this and say Marvel just broke their rules. It should also be noted that apparently this calendar was officially established in 2008, after Heinberg had created Hulkling, so it wasn't completely his fault. But nonetheless, it IS a continuity mistake by official Marvel canon.
    Honestly there's just no way to really make sense out of Marvel's timeline without a bunch of plotholes, and Heinberg really messed up that even more. He(maybe not intentionally, as Teddy's age doesn't match) kind of used real time for Young Avengers, as original Billy and Tommy "died" in 1989, and Wiccan and Speed are 15 as of 2005.

I don't think there are any actual hard and fast rules, it's just vague guidelines. Back when Brevoort still posted to his tumblr, he answered a few questions about this, and said there is no official ironclad formula for the passage of time or aging that they stick to. He's also said the Handbooks are often incorrect, they are not put together by editorial. Which seems weird to me, but whatever. Many, many characters break those 'rules' in one direction or the other. Franklin technically should be older by now, Kitty and Jubilee among others have aged faster. Characters just kinda stop aging, or at least dramatically slow down, at the age most appropriate for the stories in which they are used. In the case of teens, they tend to go from vague 'teenager' to 'college aged' in a sudden jump, when they decide they are ready to move on from the more teen oriented stories and join the adult teams. Gillen's run was basically this for the YA characters.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-03-2017 at 02:03 AM.

I use the Ben Reilly role. There was about 20 years in real time passed between the clone sagas and the comics said 5 years passed in comic tome between them. So which would mean in 2021 15 years would had passed in the Marvel Universe since the FF débuted which sounds about right to me. Peter Parker was 15 back then so he'd be about 30 in 2021, Franklin Richards born in the late 60's would be about 12 or 13, and newer heroes like the young avengers active about 4 years or so. It's not canon just my own head canon.

Incredible Member

I ignore the thing about Teddy being conceived during the Kree Skrull War since Allan Heinberg wrote in his original proposal Billy and Tommy were adopted no soul transfer stuff or the like involved the guy clearly doesn't know a lot about how Marvel time works.

I can't but wonder if they're using the time gap between Captain Marvel and the rest of the MCU movies to claim Teddy was conceived some part in between.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Not that it necessarily counts, but in Captain America volume 5, the one written by Ed Brubacker that started in January 2005, Cap specifically states it'd been 13 years since he woke up from the Ice.

41 real years = 13 MU years, which would mean roughly 3.15 real years = 1 MU year.

Personally, I try to avoid doing any dating at all and just rely on the Franklin Richards theory of time retardation - namely that he's met his grown up self so often, and been told about all the responsibility and hardship he has to deal with, so he uses his powers subconsciously to keep time nice and slow, to avoid him having to growing up.

It can also explain the revolving door of death, in as far as when his powers muck about with time, they also reset recent deaths, but old deaths like Uncle Ben and Mar-Vell are prior to him doing it even subconsciously, which is why they stick.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God