View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 743 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 243643693733739740741742743744745746747753793843 ... LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,145 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    What guys in the Bombshells comic have been shown as LGBT?
    I haven't followed it since the beginning, but all I remember seeing was one panel online with Constantine wearing the pink triangle (the sign for LGBT prisoners in the concentration camps), but for all that I did read of the series he's been fully devoted to Zatana.
    Frankly, that's the one gripe I have with the Bombshells book. For them turning nearly all female characters lesbian or bi, it would've been nice to get one actual gay couple or even character. They had Cullen Row as one of the Batgirls, but I don't think he even got a line of text let alone show any signs of sexuality. I had hoped him and Tim might've been a couple in the Bombshells universe, but nope.

I personally don't see the resemblance in that pic, but then I'm not super familiar with him. Only seen him a few times on a British debating program.
    fair enough. it was just a different look for Zemo. he's normally depicted as a blonde. but the change could be due more to the movie. it's all about context for me. this was the lead up to Secret Empire. there seemed to be a lot of real world analogues in nu-Hydra.

^trump's former anti-muslim "terror advisor" was a dead ringer for doctor Faustus; who was last seen menacing Kamala Khan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Living Lightning will return to the Avengers next January with the crossover arc, although he will simply use the code name of Lightning.
    Is there a source for this? From the cover it looks like it could be Mosaic.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Is there a source for this? From the cover it looks like it could be Mosaic.
    Here you go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    oh good. Mosaic is boring lol

hmmm. it never occurred to me before. but they have two gay characters with electrical powers; 3 if you consider Electro. and they, potentially, have two temperature manipulating gay males; Bobby Drake/Iceman and Donnie Gill/Blizzard. I feel as if I'm leaving someone out. I think Avalanche and Pyro were supposed to be platonic; otherwise I'd add in earthquake-causing characters.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-26-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Cool to have Living Lightning existing again. Hopefully, he'll be a main Avenger. There's never been an openly gay character serving on the main Avengers team. Only ever spin-offs and adjuncts. Hopefully, the fact that he's gay is also actually a factor. Let him have a boyfriend. Don't make it something that gets a single reference 15 issues in and is otherwise never mentioned. This is the Avengers title, so let a gay character be gay in it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Could it be related to their Love Is Love book with IDW? I think it might have been the first time one of the Big Two published a book specifically about its LGBTQ characters FOR the LGBTQ community. It was also for a very good cause. I could definitely see it being awarded.
    Too bad none of the DC content in that book was any good. Well, unless you count Snyder's essay, I guess. Anyway, yes, that's the obvious candidate, but I'd like to think that the overall output actually factors into that particular award, and in that regard the same holds true that has been for a few years now: Marvel has way more queer characters (especially in the crucial 15-25 age range), but in recent years DC is actually using those it does have much more extensively and prominently instead of repeatedly pushing every last one of them into limbo for years, often to never return again beyond glorified wallpaper at best after their introductory series has been canceled. Not that I expect to ever see Terry Berg again - Hero Cruz maybe - but overall my point stands.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    So appearantly we're getting a return of Living Lightning to the Avengers.
    I don't know if it's just for a one-off story or if he's going to permanently join a team. I'm hoping for the latter.
    Anyone else excited?
    Very much so! I was always a fan of Miguel back when he first joined the WCA, back before he was outed as gay, and always thought he had potential. I'm so glad to see him getting used again--he's had a few cameos over the years, but the last time anyone used him in any sort of semi-regular basis was back in Busiek's AVENGERS run when he was part of the big Kang War storyline.

I have to assume Al Ewing is the one responsible for pulling Living Lightning back into the spotlight. Throughout his Avengers work thus far in MIGHTY AVENGERS, NEW AVENGERS and USAVENGERS he has made a deliberate effort to spotlight under-used 2nd and 3rd string members, persons of colour, and LGBT characters. Miguel is all three.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    hmmm. it never occurred to me before. but they have two gay characters with electrical powers; 3 if you consider Electro.
    I'm probably just having a brain fart, but who is the second one?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    and they, potentially, have two temperature manipulating gay males; Bobby Drake/Iceman and Donnie Gill/Blizzard. I feel as if I'm leaving someone out. I think Avalanche and Pyro were supposed to be platonic; otherwise I'd add in earthquake-causing characters.
    Pyro was originally intended by Byrne to be gay, but that got changed. Avalanche is straight (so far as we know), yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I'm probably just having a brain fart, but who is the second one?
    Striker, of Avengers Academy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Striker, of Avengers Academy.
    Of course. I knew I was having a brain fart and would feel stupid as soon as I found out who it was. lol. Thanks.

I should have remember that, since one of the most recent references to Miguel was that he was the Avenger assigned to provide security to Striker's mother and Striker had to tell her that LL is gay and to stop harassing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Of course. I knew I was having a brain fart and would feel stupid as soon as I found out who it was. lol. Thanks.

I should have remember that, since one of the most recent references to Miguel was that he was the Avenger assigned to provide security to Striker's mother and Striker had to tell her that LL is gay and to stop harassing him.
    Don't feel bad for forgetting him. I'm pretty sure Marvel has, too.

I miss pyro. Marvel should bring him back.

Might be a good arch nemesis for iceman in his book

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I miss pyro. Marvel should bring him back.

Might be a good arch nemesis for iceman in his book
    Is Pyro LGBT? Maybe I missed something. But if he was... Oh my, flashbacks to all the slash fics I saw after X2 hit.

But this just makes me sad all over again that the book probably won't last more than 12 issues. It has so much potential and Sina Grace is wonderful. I hope at least he'll continue to get more work after this (maybe Gold?).

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Honestly, I don't know much about Living Lightning except for that famous GLA misunderstanding, which I think it was what outed him in the first place? Either way, YAY for more LGBTQ characters getting a chance to shine. Hopefully they'll do something good with him.

Also, with Ewing being a part of the Avengers crossover, I'm hoping that he'll include Wiccan and Hulkling in some way, as he was the last person to write both of them (I'm not counting alternative versions).
    Ugh I am so so so over alternate versions of the boys. I want NOW-Billy/Teddy not Future or Alterna.
    NOW!