View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 746 of 1130 FirstFirst ... 246646696736742743744745746747748749750756796846 ... LastLast
Results 11,176 to 11,190 of 16944

Gosh I can't wait to see her at pride next year

Astonishing Member

Wow, I can't believe that it is already Saturday and no one has said anything about ICEMAN #6 yet! lol

This issue was so much fun, and it was fantastic to finally see adult Bobby on a date with a man! Hooray--Bobby is starting to make some progress towards a love life!

The original Champions made for great guest stars--especially Hercules! Sina Grace gave him some hilarious moments--he needs to find an excuse to have Hercules guest star again after this arc is over!

Oh hey, I haven't done The Week In Gay yet.

May as well start by mentioning I finally got my copy of America #7. That art! So pretty! So gorgeous! A good comic overall, but that art! Jen Bartel is magic. And then Annie Wu and Ming Doyle. And I know she's divisive, but I loved Aud Koch's work here. (Side note: Aud Koch will be drawing the WicDiv 1920s special. It should be pretty amazing.) But, on to this week.

Iceman #6 has him go on a date with a guy whose pick-up approach I actually found pretty obnoxious. But Bobby still gets his first gay kiss, so I guess that's neat. Still, douche-y pick-up lines the dude used. Boo on him. And Teen Bobby exists in X-Men Gold #13.

Black Bolt #6 has Molyb in it. He's haunted by his guilt over his lover's death.

Hawkeye #11 has Ramone and Mikka in it. They're still cute together. Also, Kate smooches someone, and personally, I think she made the right choice on who to smooch.

Astonishing X-Men has Mystique and Fantomex, but their bisexuality isn't touched on, as they instead just flirt with each other. Though it did make me think that a mini about Mystique and Destiny in Madripoor in the 1920s would be a pretty great comic, Marvel!

Swain and Noh-Varr are present in Royals #9.

And I think that's it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I mean, they couldn't possibly not make her gay, I hope that's explored enough(more than the first Runaways volume for example...) though.

With that "You don't have to hide who you really are" line at the end + lots of rainbows and glitter on her locker + "Karolina is experiencing a newfound eagerness to explore her identity and pursue her own desires" back on her character description, I think we're gonna have a lot(or at least a bit) of "mutant metaphor" towards her sexuality, but with the alien thing instead lol.
    Mutant Metaphor? funny with this show and the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Oh hey, I haven't done The Week In Gay yet.
    That's how all your this week in gay posts start now.

That's how all your this week in gay posts start now.
    Everyone needs a catch-phrase, right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    And I think that's it?
    Nothing gay in the actual story content, but AVENGERS #672 started the crossover with the Champions, so we had Hercules, Viv Vision and Nadia Pym all together in the same issue. With Nadia's solo book over we'll have to wait and see if anyone else follows up on the hint Whitley dropped there about her not necessarily being straight though...

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Nothing gay in the actual story content, but AVENGERS #672 started the crossover with the Champions, so we had Hercules, Viv Vision and Nadia Pym all together in the same issue. With Nadia's solo book over we'll have to wait and see if anyone else follows up on the hint Whitley dropped there about her not necessarily being straight though...
    I doubt editorial would let Nadia be outed as gay or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I wonder if maybe she's ace. That'd be neat. I think the myth about ace people is that they're cold, aloof, and not big on physical contact. But Nadia's super-friendly and physically affectionate, which a lot of ace people are. So I would think it pretty great if Nadia came out as ace.

Astonishing Member

I doubt editorial would let Nadia be outed as gay or anything...
    Why? They've outed far more prominent characters than her, and she is essentially a blank slate so making her gay or bi or anything else does not contradict anything. I wouldn't think editorial would have any vested interest in her orientation one way or the other.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

http://comicbook.com/2017/10/13/new-...ew-characters/

So, good and bad news. Josh Boone has confirmed that Karma will be a part of the live action New Mutants franchise, but apparently she won't be in the first movie, shocking absolutely no one that the only original member left out is the queer one. But hey, who knows, maybe she dodged a bullet, considering that weird teaser trailer that looks nothing like New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    http://comicbook.com/2017/10/13/new-...ew-characters/

So, good and bad news. Josh Boone has confirmed that Karma will be a part of the live action New Mutants franchise, but apparently she won't be in the first movie, shocking absolutely no one that the only original member left out is the queer one. But hey, who knows, maybe she dodged a bullet, considering that weird teaser trailer that looks nothing like New Mutants.
    If the first movie is based on the Demon Bear Saga, and that's the speculation, then Karma wasn't a part of that story anyway. I love Karma, she's one of my favourite characters, but honestly, if you're making a New Mutants movie, she is the one who's easiest to leave out, because she did the least in the series. She's never really gotten the attention she deserves. Liu did some good stuff with her in Astonishing, but other than that, Karma's never done much. Which sucks. Because she's awesome.

As for the trailer, I liked it. New Mutants could get pretty damn freaky at times. I mean, during Secret Wars II, the entire team was killed. And then we got a couple issues about them suffering PTSD. One of the members of the team was a demon sorceress. It was not really a happy-go-lucky book, most of the time. From the time Illyana joined the team, it got dark. And then Bill Sienkewicz took over the art duties, and it got dark.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I understand the mindset that ''Karma is the easiest one to leave out'', but my problem with that is that it kind of becomes a self-fulfilled prophecy. If she's not relevant because she was never written that much, then when will she ever be relevant if people continue to refuse to write about her? Something HAS to be done to break the cycle. Introducing her in the first movie, making her a part of the core concept and giving her a decent role could've change that, giving her more exposure and maybe even bringing her back to the spotlight in comics (because, you know, synergy). But now that we know that she was not a priority for the movie producers, she might never become one, just like it was in the comics. And the cycle goes on... And yeah, she wasn't a part of the Demon Bear Saga, but let's not act like FOX cares that much about source material when adapting their movies. I mean, heck, even Marvel twist a lot of the stories they adapt (see: Civil War, Ragnarok). I doubt there was NO ROOM at all for Karma in a movie like that. She has a story and a powerset that could work well for the kind of movie it seems they were going for. But oh well, it is what it is. Let's hope she gets her fair due once she comes. It's just getting really tiring to have to root for LGBTQ characters to have their very existence ACKNOWLEDGED in Marvel movies.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying a New Mutants movie shouldn't have some shades of dark, but ever since the director stated that ''he wanted to do a horror movie and not a superhero movie'', I've been seriously raising my eyebrows, and now I feel like my suspicions have been confirmed. It feels like they took the New Mutants name and just slapped on a generic horror movie that has little to do with the actual franchise. I've seen some people speculating that maybe the whole ''horror'' thing could be a part of Dani's powers, and I guess that's a fair guess, but I still question how necessary it is to make AN ENTIRE MOVIE around that. It just doesn't feel like New Mutants and I'm not seeing the point so far. But let's wait and see how it turns out.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-14-2017 at 12:41 AM.

It hardly matters that Karma wasn't in the original Demon Bear saga. None of these movie adaptations have been shot for shot remakes of their comicbook counterparts.
    It should be easy enough for a skilled writer to work her into it.
    #EmmaWasRight

She could maybe have a cameo in the movie or mention somewhere during mid-credits with the sequel hook.