View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 768 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 268668718758764765766767768769770771772778818868 ... LastLast
Results 11,506 to 11,520 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That actually seems like a very cool thing, though it's weird that it's called Secret Warriors lol.
    Marvel loves just reapproprating their team titles for completely different groups (just look a the differences between the modern Defenders, Champions, and upcoming New Warriors with the original versions).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Marvel loves just reapproprating their team titles for completely different groups (just look a the differences between the modern Defenders, Champions, and upcoming New Warriors with the original versions).
    I know, my confusion was more because they had already done that in the comics by pushing Secret Warriors as an inhumans team, but here they have Captain Marvel, Spider-Gwen, America, Squirrel-Girl.

I know, my confusion was more because they had already done that in the comics by pushing Secret Warriors as an inhumans team, but here they have Captain Marvel, Spider-Gwen, America, Squirrel-Girl.
    I'm kind of surprised this isn't using the Champions name, to be honest.

That actually seems like a very cool thing, though it's weird that it's called Secret Warriors lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of surprised this isn't using the Champions name, to be honest.
    Well 3 of the members on that roster are currently in a book titled secret warriors.
    I'm more surprised they didn't include Moon Girl in that roster. But I guess they decided they had enough suck going on there.
    Seriously hate that entire team. But I'm sure it'll appeal to some.
    #EmmaWasRight

BANNED

Shweet.

Hope it's good.

I'm guessing they just wanted some usage of the trademark. Corporations are weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    So does Daken.
    Every. Goddamn. Time.

Seriously, every time Daken shows up, I forget him in the round-up. It's not intentional, I swear! I don't know why I always forget him, but I always do.

Anyway, that Secret Warriors line-up is pretty great, and I hope they do acknowledge America being gay. It'd be cool to see, at the very least, the recognition included.

Twink from Young Avengers Assgardian's Avatar

Just saw on twitter that Mackenzie Lee is writing a young adult book about Loki! She’s confirmed that she’ll be writing him as pansexual and gender fluid, which is cool. I loved her newest book, Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue, so I’m looking forward to another awesome historical read from her. Also, Loki!! She’s writing two more Marvel YA books around other anti heroes, and she’s into LGBTQ rep, so I’m hoping to see more from her in her Marvel books!
    WICCANFROSTPRYDEWOLVERINEICEMANHELLIONGWENHAWKEYEMSMARVEL
    "Disappointed, Ms. Frost?" "Astonished, Ms. Pryde."
    #MutantAndProud #EmmaWasRight

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assgardian View Post
    Just saw on twitter that Mackenzie Lee is writing a young adult book about Loki! She’s confirmed that she’ll be writing him as pansexual and gender fluid, which is cool. I loved her newest book, Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue, so I’m looking forward to another awesome historical read from her. Also, Loki!! She’s writing two more Marvel YA books around other anti heroes, and she’s into LGBTQ rep, so I’m hoping to see more from her in her Marvel books!
    I never read those Marvel novels, but hey, it's nice that we're getting queer Loki in some way.

Twink from Young Avengers Assgardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I never read those Marvel novels, but hey, it's nice that we're getting queer Loki in some way.
    I read the Miles Morales one, and it was pretty decent! I’ve heard good things about the Squirrel Girl one, and I’m personally stoked for the Runaways one coming out next month. Sounds like it’ll focus a lot on Karolina too, which is cool. I’m expecting Lee to knock it out of the park with Loki.
    WICCANFROSTPRYDEWOLVERINEICEMANHELLIONGWENHAWKEYEMSMARVEL
    "Disappointed, Ms. Frost?" "Astonished, Ms. Pryde."
    #MutantAndProud #EmmaWasRight

So, remember how Sera disappearing was supposed to be setting up a story for another writer?

Turns out it was basically a hypothetical "next" writer. There was no actual plan to follow up on it. I asked the editors of GotG about plans for Angela and Sera, and Kathleen Wisneski said there are plans for Angela, and that she "hopes" to see Sera again. Here's the actual tweets.

In other words, Marvel disappeared one of their only openly trans characters in the hope that someone might follow up on it at some point.

Really seems like Marvel just does not give a **** about trans representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    So, remember how Sera disappearing was supposed to be setting up a story for another writer?

Turns out it was basically a hypothetical "next" writer. There was no actual plan to follow up on it. I asked the editors of GotG about plans for Angela and Sera, and Kathleen Wisneski said there are plans for Angela, and that she "hopes" to see Sera again. Here's the actual tweets.

In other words, Marvel disappeared one of their only openly trans characters in the hope that someone might follow up on it at some point.

Really seems like Marvel just does not give a **** about trans representation.
    Not surprised at all. When that GOTG issue came out I called it: that effortless ''inclusion'' of Sera in the story screamed like Bendis and editorial just covering their asses. I never believed for a minute that was actually planned to go somewhere.

At least we have confirmation that someone will be doing something with Angela. Hopefully whoever that is, they'll be kind enough to pay attention to continuity and fix this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Not surprised at all. When that GOTG issue came out I called it: that effortless ''inclusion'' of Sera in the story screamed like Bendis and editorial just covering their asses. I never believed for a minute that was actually planned to go somewhere.

At least we have confirmation that someone will be doing something with Angela. Hopefully whoever that is, they'll be kind enough to pay attention to continuity and fix this mess.
    Angela will presumably be appearing more in Thor, and I doubt Sera will be addressed there. But yeah, I really hope some writer at Marvel who gives a **** about trans rep brings Sera back. But, of course, it seems like the writers who are most likely to care about trans rep are also the ones least likely to get to work on a book where Sera could be reasonably used. Somehow, I don't see GotG being re-launched with Kelly Thompson writing it.

I would kill for Gillen and/or Bennett to write them again. Too bad Gillen doesn't seem interested in doing MU titles again and Bennett seems to have found her place at DC.

Ugh. I wished Bendis hadn't even acknowledged Sera tbh. I could just tell myself that whenever Angela is not showing up on anything, they're just living happily together on their apartment lol.