View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 79 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283891291795791079 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I could TOTALLY see Robbie and Vance as a couple. Awwwww, they'd be uber cute!
    My thoughts exactly! Especially considering everything they've been through, it would be only logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
    My thoughts exactly! Especially considering everything they've been through, it would be only logical.
    And we know from his time as Penance, Robbie would like the bondage scene

Excited Daken will be a regular of the Wolverines on-going.

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Daken x Nightcrawler FTWWWWWW <3 Kurt can redeem Daken from his sinister ways, at first as friends but then more and more Mr. Wagner will realize that he's experiencing a strange draw towards the son of his deceased BFF... Much arguing and Pride-and-Prejudice-esque antics will ensue before a love is finally admitted.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    Daken x Nightcrawler FTWWWWWW <3 Kurt can redeem Daken from his sinister ways, at first as friends but then more and more Mr. Wagner will realize that he's experiencing a strange draw towards the son of his deceased BFF... Much arguing and Pride-and-Prejudice-esque antics will ensue before a love is finally admitted.
    Oh my, I think there would be some serious outrage at that.

I'd quite like to see Kurt's personal reaction to that though, it would be like Rahne's religious hate on she had for a bit in XF, but with extra introspection
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I voted for Shatterstar; loved what PAD did with him in X-Factor.

And... I don't know if this has been commented before (there's 78 pages in this thread and I don't have time for reading them all), but what's your opinion of the Rawhide Kid minis? I heard they were pretty controversial, but I've just read them yesterday and just can't see why. Granted, the dialogue is kinda... weird, though character like Jack Sparrow speak more or less the same way and no one complains they are offensive or stereotypes.

Also, dat Art! John Severin + Howard Chaykin = win.
    Last edited by Diamond; 10-12-2014 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Oh my, I think there would be some serious outrage at that.

I'd quite like to see Kurt's personal reaction to that though, it would be like Rahne's religious hate on she had for a bit in XF, but with extra introspection
    I'd be outraged at Nightcrawler and Daken becoming a couple, because ugh Daken suuuuuuucks.

As for Nightcrawler's reaction: Right, because every single Christian is deeply uncomfortable with homosexuality. Nightcrawler was raised by a witch, in a circus. He's been the victim of persecution. And he's friends with plenty of openly LGBT people already. He's not the kind of guy who would have anything against homosexuality. He's probably disappointed to have missed Northstar's wedding, and wishes he could have officiated at it.

I'm agnostic, and even I find it silly how people seem to think every religious character should be written as being uncomfortable with homosexuality. It made sense for Wolfsbane, because she had a fundamentalist upbringing. (Also, because Rictor started sleeping with a man very shortly after he slept with her - the fear of having "turned" him was an oddly natural reaction.) If Dust, early on, had been presented as anti-gay, it would've made sense (it would make less sense now, because she should know the LGBT students too well, at this point, to have any problem with it).

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I'd be outraged at Nightcrawler and Daken becoming a couple, because ugh Daken suuuuuuucks.

As for Nightcrawler's reaction: Right, because every single Christian is deeply uncomfortable with homosexuality. Nightcrawler was raised by a witch, in a circus. He's been the victim of persecution. And he's friends with plenty of openly LGBT people already. He's not the kind of guy who would have anything against homosexuality. He's probably disappointed to have missed Northstar's wedding, and wishes he could have officiated at it.

I'm agnostic, and even I find it silly how people seem to think every religious character should be written as being uncomfortable with homosexuality. It made sense for Wolfsbane, because she had a fundamentalist upbringing. (Also, because Rictor started sleeping with a man very shortly after he slept with her - the fear of having "turned" him was an oddly natural reaction.) If Dust, early on, had been presented as anti-gay, it would've made sense (it would make less sense now, because she should know the LGBT students too well, at this point, to have any problem with it).
    But without the conflict, it's a boring story. So if Nightcrawler was to suddenly come out, then to make that journey interesting and worth page time, you need to have him reflect on his religious beliefs vs his wider organised doctrinal beliefs vs what he wants. That's the story, not that he is uncomfortable with homosexuality, but that he is worried what it means for him in the context of his religion because of the general view of said religion (and Kurt's religion does tend to fluctuate on how important it is to him depending on the story so it suddenly being very important for this issue would tie in with how his religion has been shown to be as fundamental as Rahne's at times).
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post

I agree about the religious "issue" is tiring. I'm gay, religious and vote conservative. With gay characters and religious characters in media these things almost never get shown.

That said Daycrawler (DakenxNightcrawler) = HOT!!!
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 10-12-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Excited Daken will be a regular of the Wolverines on-going.
    YEY!!! Forgot to flag this as AWESOME news worthy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post
    Thanks! I'm still halfway reading Young Avengers (vol. 2) and I admit I'm kinda ship Prodigy/Speed and America/Kate.

Out of curiosity, beside Northstar-Kyle and Rictor-Shatterstar, who else LGBT character in interracial relationship?
    Prodigy/Speed would be lots of fun!

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    But without the conflict, it's a boring story. So if Nightcrawler was to suddenly come out, then to make that journey interesting and worth page time, you need to have him reflect on his religious beliefs vs his wider organised doctrinal beliefs vs what he wants. That's the story, not that he is uncomfortable with homosexuality, but that he is worried what it means for him in the context of his religion because of the general view of said religion (and Kurt's religion does tend to fluctuate on how important it is to him depending on the story so it suddenly being very important for this issue would tie in with how his religion has been shown to be as fundamental as Rahne's at times).
    As much as I find Nightcrawler and adorable Deutsch elf (maybe not that last bit), he's a heterosexual, non-homophobic Catholic. If he express any homophobic sentiment, it would likely be a very small niggle where he doesn't understand one thing; then that one thing gets explained to him and he's entirely supportive and non-judgemental.

By the same token, let's not pair Nightcrawler up with another Wolverine analogue i.e. X-23. I'm perfectly comfortable with the romantic relations we're seeing in the Nightcrawler ongoing.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Young Avengers: also known as The One With the Kissing.

tumblr_nd522d401L1qzhe0po1_500.jpg
    found this on tumblr, thought everyone here should find it interesting (pretty sure it makes Young Avengers the first team without any straight people, haha!)
    Get your war on. Please read New Warriors. Also I'm a frenchie, sorry for my english, it can get quite weird. Please correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    I love how Tommy doesn't say he's not interested in David but just that David 'is moving too fast'.
    Get your war on. Please read New Warriors. Also I'm a frenchie, sorry for my english, it can get quite weird. Please correct me.