View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 790 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 290690740780786787788789790791792793794800840890 ... LastLast
Results 11,836 to 11,850 of 16972

Welcome back Tiamatty! This thread hasn't been the same without your This Week in Gay posts!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    So, it's been a while, but I'm finally back. Thus: The Week In Gay!
    Welcome back!

All-New Wolverine #30 has Daken in it, and he continues to love his sister. It's his only redeeming quality, honestly. But hey, good for him.
    Daken seems all over the map lately. He loves his sister and they are happy allies in this book, but he is a totally evil villain in ICEMAN, and according to solicits he'll be joining the X-Men: Blue team. I think the editors need to step in soon and get everyone on the same page here. I mean, its fine for Daken to behave differently with different characters, but this is a rather extreme range of differences!

Avengers #678 has Lightning in it, though he apparently doesn't do a whole lot. Also, a previous issue had Toni Ho want Quicksilver to fetch her coffee. I'm guessing she can probably drink it as fast as he can bring it. (Side note: Toni doesn't appear on a single cover, or in a single solicit, throughout the entirety of No Surrender. Which really gives me the impression that Marvel doesn't particularly care about her. Which sucks, because she's awesome and she should totally get a big push.) There's also Hercules being Hercules, and Enigma still frozen.
    I think you're reading too much into Toni's lack of cover appearance or solicit reference here. We are talking about an arc that has 25 "main" characters, not counting any of the over-a-dozen villains, and other cameos, guest spots, etc. And since she gave up the armour, Toni isn't necessarily the most visually dynamic member of the team to feature on a cover when there are two dozen other Avengers to work with. At least she is doing pretty well for panel time in-story so far, which is good.

And I am very happy to see Living Lightning back in the mix! I've always liked him and thought he had potential, so its great to see them giving him a chance here. I look forward to seeing what else he gets to do during this storyline!

Defenders #9 has White Tiger cameo. She's not gay, just awesome.
    Which one? Ava from AVENGERS ACADEMY, Ewing's MIGHTY and NEW AVENGERS, etc, or the former FBI agent who had her own miniseries?

Moon Knight #191 ends with the return of Frenchie.
    Hopefully his husband Rob will turn up again too.

[QUOTE=Tiamatty;3426907] Black Panther #169 has Aneka be a hardcore badass. Beats the **** out of a group of guards, while she's shackled. Don't screw with Dora Milaje.

I'm glad to see the Midnight Angels are still so active in this series. Hopefully at some point Coates will also check in with some past LGBT characters from Panther history, like Taku and Venomm.

And there's probably random cameos or something that I've missed here and there. But whatever.
    And in the non-Marvel section, the EMPOWERED AND SISTAH SPOOKY'S HIGH SCHOOL HELL miniseries continued, with issue #2 coming out a week or so ago. Bad-ass lesbian witch Sistah Spooky continues to be hunted down for revenge by her former high school rivals and the demon who provided her magical powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Which one? Ava from AVENGERS ACADEMY, Ewing's MIGHTY and NEW AVENGERS, etc, or the former FBI agent who had her own miniseries?
    Ava. And I guess she didn't actually get any dialogue. Or action. She just kinda . . . stood there. But hey, she's still awesome.

I would kill to see her get a solo. I would commit genocide to see her get a Netflix series.

And in the non-Marvel section, the EMPOWERED AND SISTAH SPOOKY'S HIGH SCHOOL HELL miniseries continued, with issue #2 coming out a week or so ago. Bad-ass lesbian witch Sistah Spooky continues to be hunted down for revenge by her former high school rivals and the demon who provided her magical powers.
    I am several volumes behind on Empowered. I need to get caught up at some point, but . . . ugh, I have so much stuff to read. Plus shows and movies to watch. (Speaking of which: New Star Trek tonight! Woot! Even if I do still think it's bullshit that they killed off Hugh.)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    Welcome back Tiamatty! This thread hasn't been the same without your This Week in Gay posts!
    QFT! It's very useful to someone like me, who's always behind and needing to catch up.

The most important thing I missed posting during my ban.

01idiotsmooch (2).jpg

Squee. These wonderful dorks.

Ultimate Member

Ava. And I guess she didn't actually get any dialogue. Or action. She just kinda . . . stood there. But hey, she's still awesome.

I would kill to see her get a solo. I would commit genocide to see her get a Netflix series.
    I'd love to see the two of them together, actually. I don't love that they've both been depowered, as of the last time I saw them in US/Mighty Avengers, but they could continue without powers, or regain them somehow. Having either (or both) of them join Misty and Colleen as part of a new larger Daughters of the Dragon could be one way to advance their story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd love to see the two of them together, actually. I don't love that they've both been depowered, as of the last time I saw them in US/Mighty Avengers, but they could continue without powers, or regain them somehow. Having either (or both) of them join Misty and Colleen as part of a new larger Daughters of the Dragon could be one way to advance their story.
    A White Tigers series would be cool, too. A family team-up to beat the crap out of criminals. Ava is Angela's aunt, right? Could get some good mileage out of that as a running gag.

A White Tigers series would be cool, too. A family team-up to beat the crap out of criminals. Ava is Angela's aunt, right? Could get some good mileage out of that as a running gag.
    This would be great. I would want them to be repowered again and work together to take down evil. Ava would also be great for the Champions title or a new Young Avenger's title as well.

I also loved seeing Aneka kick ass in the most recent Black Panther issue. She and Ayo are great characters and I like the development they have been given.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    This would be great. I would want them to be repowered again and work together to take down evil. Ava would also be great for the Champions title or a new Young Avenger's title as well.

I also loved seeing Aneka kick ass in the most recent Black Panther issue. She and Ayo are great characters and I like the development they have been given.
    Aneka's so awesome. Also, Coates and Kirk did a really good job with their version of an almost-silent issue. Kudos to them for that.

We definitely need more white tiger. Now is the perfect time

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    We definitely need more white tiger. Now is the perfect time
    ....I'm surprised that Ava wasn't reintroduced within the AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER Storyarc , unless of course she was also 'frozen' BTS along with those that were.....
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 02-05-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    ....I'm surprised that Ava was reintroduced within the AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER Storyarc , unless of course she was also 'frozen' BTS along with those that were.....
    She wasn't. She appeared in DEFENDERS, not AVENGERS.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    She wasn't. She appeared in DEFENDERS, not AVENGERS.
    Whoops...!!! I meant say wasn't.......my bad..!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wouldn't say Lightning didn't do anything. He was present when his team found out how the artifacts operate and was the only one fast enough to warn the other team.

Also I guess Herc was around but I can't remember.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I wouldn't say Lightning didn't do anything. He was present when his team found out how the artifacts operate and was the only one fast enough to warn the other team.
    Yeah, given the number of characters involved (even with so many in stasis) Miguel has actually been doing pretty well for panel time and involvement. Hopefully he gets even more as the story goes on, but he hasn't exactly been sidelined so far either.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Also I guess Herc was around but I can't remember.
    Yep, Herc was there and participating in the fight. He just didn't have any particularly special moments of his own.