View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 792 of 1130 FirstFirst ... 292692742782788789790791792793794795796802842892 ... LastLast
Results 11,866 to 11,880 of 16943

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think we're currently safe from that because they already have that team: it's the Champions, and Marvel seems committed to keep that name alive, considering all the legal implications. The only other team of teens Marvel seemed really interested in pushing in recent times was the O5 X-Men, but it's pretty safe to say they'd never be published under the Avengers title. I don't see any other group of teens Marvel cares about so much right now that they would feel the need to do this. Plus, let's not forget Kate and America were a part of their push for a while, so if they still want to use those characters, a Young Avengers team with them and the characters associated with them is what makes the most sense. I could be totally wrong, of course, but I'm trying to be as optimistic as I can be here..
    I didn't meant right now, but who knows tbh. They are also doing it with Secret Warriors and Exiles(just reusing the name for something completely different). Even Champions themselves is already this. Marvel doesn't care that much anymore about how the brand of minor franchises relates to the characters on it.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Don't say stuff like that If we were to finally get a YA relaunch, then Billy, Teddy, Cassie and Tommy (none of them like their full-names huh?)
    LOL never noticed that. Then there's Kate, Eli, and Nate too. Basically everyone in the first team lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    On that topic of SW, I really feel like more risks could have been taken in the tie-in books in terms of LGBT content. We did get some interesting stuff like Runaways but considering that none of it was ever planned to really stick in 616 canon, more could have been done without fear of backlash. I remember speculation that Cap and Bucky might be a couple in that Hulk book but alas that didn't go anywhere.
    Though the Runaways book did have a gay Jubilee, which was neat. I still think Jubilee should be a biromantic asexual.

Anyway, The Week In Gay.

Iceman #10, with Iceman, Daken, Iceman's boyfriend, brief Northstar, and Sina Grace not being particularly great at action-oriented issues. It's not his thing.

Runaways #6 had Karolina doing stuff, I guess. Presumably, anyway. And making Nico blush?

Avengers #679 has Lightning dealing with survivor's guilt.

She-Hulk #162 has no gay content, but is written by Mariko Tamaki, and is also trippy AF.

X-Men Gold #21 debuts Rachel's new costume, and I can't say I'm impressed. They really should've asked Jamie McKelvie to design something for her.

X-Men Red #1 has Namor's abs:

03abs (2).jpg

Hawkeye #15 has really really brief cameos from Ramone and Miki.

Someone already noted the corpses of Moondragon and Phylla-Vell in Infinity Countdown.

And Rogue & Gambit #2, while not having anything specifically gay, still feels like it should maybe count?

Also, not Marvel, but the WicDiv 1923 special came out. I haven't read it yet - I've saved it for the weekend - but that series is always gloriously gay. Oh, and also not Marvel, but a new issue of Snotgirl, which has been . . . something. And really good. With gorgeous art by Leslie Hung.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I didn't mean right now, but who knows tbh. They are also doing it with Secret Warriors and Exiles(just reusing the name for something completely different). Even Champions themselves is already this. Marvel doesn't care that much anymore about how the brand of minor franchises relates to the characters on it.

LOL never noticed that. Then there's Kate, Eli, and Nate too. Basically everyone in the first team lmao.
    Obviously, Marvel struggles to come up with original brands these days and so they just recycle old concepts, despite the content being entirely unrelated. As you mentioned, Secret Warriors had pretty much no ties to the original line-up, other than Quake being a member- I don't think they even called themselves that in the comic. Exiles just keeps Blink and the multiverse concept but is by no means an X-Men title anymore. And the Champions have nothing in common with the originals.

Yeah, it's a funny quirk and something they all have in common. I suppose it's a generational thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Anyway, The Week In Gay.

Iceman #10, with Iceman, Daken, Iceman's boyfriend, brief Northstar, and Sina Grace not being particularly great at action-oriented issues. It's not his thing.

Runaways #6 had Karolina doing stuff, I guess. Presumably, anyway. And making Nico blush?

03abs (2).jpg
    It's really refreshing to have a longstanding X-Man finally in the limelight though. And while, as you say, the action moments haven't necessarily been the greatest, I think the series has been groundbreaking in terms of character development and defining who Bobby Drake is as a person under all that ice. The next issue also potentially brings together a team, so we MIGHT see more Northstar. Fingers crossed.

I feel like Rainbow Rowell is playing with the Karolina/Nico will they/won't they thing. Nico is obvs over Chase, but Karolina now has a girlfriend in Julie Power. Very interesting. Also seems to me like Xavin may return in a future arc. I'm not sure if we'd consider Xavin trans or genderfluid, but it's great representation either way.

Really glad the No Surrender creative team brought in Lightning. He's been a strong addition to the cast, and I'm hoping he sticks around post-Avengers #690.

And those abs... I don't even like Namors pompous ass but wow. More please.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    On that topic of SW, I really feel like more risks could have been taken in the tie-in books in terms of LGBT content. We did get some interesting stuff like Runaways but considering that none of it was ever planned to really stick in 616 canon, more could have been done without fear of backlash. I remember speculation that Cap and Bucky might be a couple in that Hulk book but alas that didn't go anywhere.
    I remember hearing that Pietro and Namor were supposed to be a couple in House of M, but Marvel decided against it. It was right around the time Alonso made his Hercules faux pas so I think Marvel was reluctant to make AU characters LGBT under the assumption that fans would expect the 616 versions to also be LGBT .

Anyway, The Week In Gay.

X-Men Red #1 has Namor's abs
    Venom #161 doesn't disappoint in this department either:

venom_garron.jpg

Astonishing Member

Anyway, The Week In Gay.

I don't think he does that badly with them. It may not be his strongest suit--but he does make an effort to try and show Bobby utilizing his powers for more than just ice blasts, and I thought the fight between Bobby's and Daken's students was pretty good. And kudos for having some actually use one of Daken's signature moves against him for a change!

I am so glad to have Miguel back with the team. It was a complete surprise when they announced it months ago--but I am thrilled to see them giving him a shot. As for Miguel's guilt over Johnny's "death"--at first I thought it a bit strange that Miguel seems so affected by the death of someone he'd barely met, but then I remembered the two of them had formed a bit of a friendship way back in WCA #75, when the FF and the WCA got together to go to an amusement park with the kids of various team members.

She-Hulk #162 has no gay content, but is written by Mariko Tamaki, and is also trippy AF.
    And it gets Jen back towards her proper status quo--which I am relieved to see happening before the series wraps up next issue! Hopefully that means the final issue will be able to take time to tie up some loose ends--and maybe have a final scene with gay assistant Bradley.

X-Men Gold #21 debuts Rachel's new costume, and I can't say I'm impressed. They really should've asked Jamie McKelvie to design something for her.
    Its a huge improvement over what she had been wearing earlier in the series. lol

That's more than just abs--not that anyone is complaining! Its nice to see them letting Namor get back in the speedo again, rather than being covered up all the time.

Hawkeye #15 has really really brief cameos from Ramone and Mikki.
    Hopefully the supporting cast will get to have a bit of a proper send-off in the finale next issue. *sigh* I am going to miss this book...

Someone already noted the corpses of Moondragon and Phylla-Vell in Infinity Countdown.
    Yep, and it is noteworthy that Phyla was in her Quasar costume rather than her Martyr outfit. Given that Avril Kincaid was allegedly killed off at the end of SECRET EMPIRE (according the to CAPTAIN MARVEL tie-in issue) maybe Phyla will be reclaiming the quantum bands?

And Rogue & Gambit #2, while not having anything specifically gay, still feels like it should maybe count?
    Sure, why not? Gambit is ambiguously bi, with a few different writers having written him as bi even if they weren't allowed to officially confirm it on-panel. And Rogue is LGBT-related through Mystique and Destiny. And Anka was kind of to try and provide some equal-opportunity costume rippage on the cover image.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I am so glad to have Miguel back with the team. It was a complete surprise when they announced it months ago--but I am thrilled to see them giving him a shot. As for Miguel's guilt over Johnny's "death"--at first I thought it a bit strange that Miguel seems so affected by the death of someone he'd barely met, but then I remembered the two of them had formed a bit of a friendship way back in WCA #75, when the FF and the WCA got together to go to an amusement park with the kids of various team members.
    I mean, I figured Lightning just felt bad that he wasn't fast enough to stop someone from dying in the first place.

And it gets Jen back towards her proper status quo--which I am relieved to see happening before the series wraps up next issue! Hopefully that means the final issue will be able to take time to tie up some loose ends--and maybe have a final scene with gay assistant Bradley.
    Jen was always going to be back to her normal status quo. The point of the series was about trauma and recovery. I really enjoyed Tamaki's run, though, and that first arc, in particular, is something that's going to stick with me for a while. (Helped by the amazing Leon/Milla art. They blew it out of the water. And their depiction of Jen's Hulk form was the most terrifying a Hulk has ever looked.)

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Is it weird that if they brought back Young Avengers, I wouldnt want any of the previous cast back, aside from maybe Cassie?

Billy and Teddy have been Avengers in their own right, and Kate has headlined two of her own series' now. Eli is gone, replaced with a new Patriot and poor old Tommy was never really used at all, so I can't say I really miss him. Iron Lad appears to be showing up elsewhere soon, but is Kang, so is a bit of a mess of a character to use long term.

Even from the second generation, Loki is busy, America has had her own series and stared in Ultimates and Prodigy kinda falls in to the Speed category (which is likely why they worked together so well).

For a chunk of the original team, going back to being Young Avengers would be a step backwards. Many of them need to appearing more, but not in a new YA book....
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Is it weird that if they brought back Young Avengers, I wouldnt want any of the previous cast back, aside from maybe Cassie?

Billy and Teddy have been Avengers in their own right, and Kate has headlined two of her own series' now. Eli is gone, replaced with a new Patriot and poor old Tommy was never really used at all, so I can't say I really miss him. Iron Lad appears to be showing up elsewhere soon, but is Kang, so is a bit of a mess of a character to use long term.

Even from the second generation, Loki is busy, America has had her own series and stared in Ultimates and Prodigy kinda falls in to the Speed category (which is likely why they worked together so well).

For a chunk of the original team, going back to being Young Avengers would be a step backwards. Many of them need to appearing more, but not in a new YA book....
    Well, that's the thing, though. I don't think Marvel editorial is particularly crazy about constantly pushing most of those characters anywhere else, so if they don't have YA, I fear they're just going to be in constant limbo. They might get a solo here and be a part of a team there, but it's not going to be long-term. I think YA can offer the stability most of those characters need to stay relevant. Marvel was very consistent in publishing YA titles from 2005 to 2014; with a book about them almost every year, even when they didn't have an ongoing. If they had kept that trend going, Wiccan and Hulkling would easily have a place to come back to by now and keep being published. Instead, we are here more than a year after the New Avengers book ended, still waiting for someone to be kind enough to include them in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yep, and it is noteworthy that Phyla was in her Quasar costume rather than her Martyr outfit. Given that Avril Kincaid was allegedly killed off at the end of SECRET EMPIRE (according the to CAPTAIN MARVEL tie-in issue) maybe Phyla will be reclaiming the quantum bands?
    That's kinda what I'm figuring. It seems really weird they'd introduce a new character and then kill her off a short time after she was introduced. I think someone got the idea to resurrect Phyla and that threw a wrench into whatever Marvel was planning with Avril.

Billy and Teddy have been Avengers in their own right

Cassie and Jonas were members of the Avengers long before Hulkling or Wiccan

Incredible Member

Which shows even more how much Tommy has been screwed over. At least Patriot has that one appearance had a role in Nomad's book.
    Last edited by Magmaster12; 02-11-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Yes and you should feel like a monster for it.

Astonishing Member

I mean, I figured Lightning just felt bad that he wasn't fast enough to stop someone from dying in the first place.
    Yes, of course that is the biggest part of it--but he just seemed to be taking it harder than I would have expected, that's all.

Jen was always going to be back to her normal status quo. The point of the series was about trauma and recovery.
    Yeah, there was no doubt that Jen was going to recover and get back to herself eventually. But there was no guarantee that it would be done by the end of this series. And now its done, with an issue left to spare--so we get to see Tamaki get a chance to write a bit of 'normal' She-Hulk as well, which is nice.

I really enjoyed Tamaki's run, though, and that first arc, in particular, is something that's going to stick with me for a while. (Helped by the amazing Leon/Milla art. They blew it out of the water. And their depiction of Jen's Hulk form was the most terrifying a Hulk has ever looked.)
    I enjoyed this run too, overall--more than I originally expected to, since I was not enamoured with the premise when it was announced. It sounded fine for a story arc, but not necessarily the foundation for an ongoing series. I do think the series suffered some flaws along the way, but overall I did/do enjoy it.