View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 80 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384901301805801080 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 16971
    22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
    I love how Tommy doesn't say he's not interested in David but just that David 'is moving too fast'.
    Gotta be honest, I was sooooo disappointed that David didn't take up Loki on his New Year's Eve offer. That would've been a hot (and INTRIGUING) couple.

Prodoki forever <3 <3 <3
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Anyone else a bit disappointed by the lack of LGBT+ characters in any NYCC announcements?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

He/him/his pronouns.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    Anyone else a bit disappointed by the lack of LGBT+ characters in any NYCC announcements?
    I haven't checked out all the announcements, but Daken and Mystique will be in Wolverines. Unless by 'lack' you meant 'small number' instead of zero?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
    Attachment 11285
    found this on tumblr, thought everyone here should find it interesting (pretty sure it makes Young Avengers the first team without any straight people, haha!)
    I'm pretty sure Fraction was just trolling. A lot of creators like to do that.

I have to say, I oppose the idea of Kate and America hooking up simply because it spoils the joke. It's the same reason I don't want Gamora and Angela to actually hook up. It's funnier leaving it as subtext.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    I haven't checked out all the announcements, but Daken and Mystique will be in Wolverines. Unless by 'lack' you meant 'small number' instead of zero?
    They're both "depraved bisexuals," though. :-/ It'd be nice having a new team/solo book featuring a positive character from the community, but eh. Gotta focus on the positives, and Marvel's been doing much better in terms of PoC and women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I'm pretty sure Fraction was just trolling. A lot of creators like to do that.

I have to say, I oppose the idea of Kate and America hooking up simply because it spoils the joke. It's the same reason I don't want Gamora and Angela to actually hook up. It's funnier leaving it as subtext.
    Personally, I read it as the lesbian friend teasing the straight friend good-naturedly. But I like that there's enough of a case for anyone who wants to read it as an actual romantic/sexual connection.

He/him/his pronouns.

Fantastic Member

Personally, I read it as the lesbian friend teasing the straight friend good-naturedly. But I like that there's enough of a case for anyone who wants to read it as an actual romantic/sexual connection.
    Yeah, that's pretty much how I read it, my Kate/Tommy shipper-ness aside.

Well I'm not a big Amerikate fan (I'm more a Kate/Tommy fan!) but I thought it was fun to see MF talking about America and Kate, freaking out some big shippers in the YA fandom.
    Get your war on. Please read New Warriors. Also I'm a frenchie, sorry for my english, it can get quite weird. Please correct me.

I didn't make the immediate connection to Chavez, upon reading "America", so its very possible that Fraction didn't either.

Then again, Matt's a bit of a joker so he could have easily just been playfully dodging.

Disappointed = yes. Surprise = no. Outside the X-verse and Young Avengers; Marvel really is a barren wasteland for LGBT characters 95% of the time. We have never even had an LGBT Avenger (thanks for nothing, Hickman); so the lack of LGBT news (i.e. solo series, leader, lead comic cast) isn't anything new, sadly.

Though I am pleased that Daken will be in Wolverines (hopefully in a meaningful way ).
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 10-13-2014 at 05:36 AM.

I'm kinda hoping that both Billy and Teddy (and Tommy too, of course) can catch some of the glow off of Wanda and Vision's prominence in the next Avengers movie.

If Marvel could devote some time to the kids amid all the fanfare that's sure to come, then I'll be happy.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    I'm kinda hoping that both Billy and Teddy (and Tommy too, of course) can catch some of the glow off of Wanda and Vision's prominence in the next Avengers movie.

If Marvel could devote some time to the kids amid all the fanfare that's sure to come, then I'll be happy.
    I'll settle for some cameos in the Ant Man book at this point. haha.

BANNED

I like America and Kate, that line on YA was pure America trolling Kate...But it is good that it was left on the air no resolution.
    Good see that Fraction was joking about it.

I'm just overjoyed that their friendships are being acknowledged, however briefly, beyond the YA title. That's quality writing imho. I live for that sh!t

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'll settle for some cameos in the Ant Man book at this point. haha.
    I'm really unhappy about Wanda's narrative to be honest.

There's so much focus on what she did, and very little on why she did it. It was all for them. For Billy and Tommy. All the grief, all the suffering...it was to be reunited with her kids. You wouldn't know it to read her stories these days. Outside of Young Avengers, it never comes up.

Marvel needs to rectify this.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    I'm really unhappy about Wanda's narrative to be honest.

There's so much focus on what she did, and very little on why she did it. It was all for them. For Billy and Tommy. All the grief, all the suffering...it was to be reunited with her kids. You wouldn't know it to read her stories these days. Outside of Young Avengers, it never comes up.

Marvel needs to rectify this.
    Yes. QUITE disappointing indeed.
    We can all assume time has been spent off panel but that is ULTRA LAME.