View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 805 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 305705755795801802803804805806807808809815855905 ... LastLast
Results 12,061 to 12,075 of 16975

Hold the fuck up!! Dumbledore is gay? Wow never would have known.

It doesen't really change or add to his character so what's the big deal if they don't address it?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Hold the fuck up!! Dumbledore is gay? Wow never would have known.

It doesen't really change or add to his character so what's the big deal if they don't address it?
    There's gonna be a prequel, where AFAIK him and his old love or something are on it, so yeah, it does kinda matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    There's gonna be a prequel, where AFAIK him and his old love or something are on it, so yeah, it does kinda matter.
    Oh well I could see why people might be upset. Well what evs what can you do? Probably for the best Dumbledore being gay seems very left field.

Ultimate Member

There's already a prequel, the Fantastic Beasts movie and then its sequel that is coming out soon Dumbledore has a doomed romance with the character that Johnny Depp is playing, he's in the books as well...a lot of people thought that Lupin and Sirius were gay as well and got upset when Lupin married Tonks and had a kid...

And Rowling may have kept Dumbledore's sexuality a secret as having an old gay man spend so much time alone with like a 12 or 13 year old Harry could have caused all kinds of problems...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    And Rowling may have kept Dumbledore's sexuality a secret as having an old gay man spend so much time alone with like a 12 or 13 year old Harry could have caused all kinds of problems...
    Or maybe because she just thought about it later to get attention from LGBT fans and stuff.

Ultimate Member

It's possible that could be true, then again for the time when the books were coming out and shortly afterwards Rowling was a Ron/Hermione fan, now she's flipped to being a Harry/Hermione fan saying that she made a big mistake by pairing Ron and Hermione together...so it seems that people can get her to change her mind about things, then again the movies certainly didn't help Ron's case as they cut most of his better moments...

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Also this right here.

And yeah, Rowling can miss me. This is the same lady who said people writing guy-on-guy 'fic about her characters were "just seeing what they wanted to see" then said of Dumbldore being gay "it's there if you're looking for it". No credit here.
    Thanks. And God, Rowling is such a fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Thanks. And God, Rowling is such a fraud.
    I do appreciate her having done good works with the literal fortune her books brought her, but her retroactive attempts to make the HP series seem more progressive than it was are just eye-rolling bullshit. The HP books were the 700-lb gorilla of kid's publishing. If she'd wanted to make it clear that Dumbledore was gay, she could have pushed for it, even if it was just a line in an old diary or something saying "I'm in love with Grindelwald." But she didn't then, and she's defending the spineless decisions of the studio now. So yeah, no time for that. At least we've got Rick Riordan putting actual work into the Percy Jackson books when it comes to LGBTQ+ representation.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 02-21-2018 at 11:04 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Speaking of Hercules I was always amused with the way Jason Aaron basically undercut Alonso's pronouncement at the first opportunity.

I LOVE the implication that Herc smooched Odinson at some point.

Dumbledore's sexuality won't even come up in the Fantastic Beasts sequel.

So don't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I do appreciate her having done good works with the literal fortune her books brought her, but her retroactive attempts to make the HP series seem more progressive than it was are just eye-rolling bullshit. The HP books were the 700-lb gorilla of kid's publishing. If she'd wanted to make it clear that Dumbledore was gay, she could have pushed for it, even if it was just a line in an old diary or something saying "I'm in love with Grindelwald." But she didn't then, and she's defending the spineless decisions of the studio now. So yeah, no time for that. At least we've got Rick Riordan putting actual work into the Percy Jackson books when it comes to LGBTQ+ representation.
    I've never read Harry Potter, and I'm certain I never will, and yeah, the fact that she's still not making any actual effort to make her work more diverse says a lot about how strong an ally she really is to marginalized communities. She's not committed to actually showing openly LGBTQ+ representation. She's not committed to including more POC characters in major roles. She's not actually interested in promoting diversity, she's interested in being seen as promoting diversity, while also making the absolutest safest shit she possibly can.

As for Marvel, yeah, they are still pretty shitty at actually promoting LGBTQ+ content, too. The fact that they have no trans characters appearing on a regular basis anywhere is pretty ridiculous, at this point, especially given two of their three trans characters have been shunted into limbo with absolutely no indication that there's any plans to revisit them. There should be a trans hero appearing in a series. Right now. Part of a team is fine. But Marvel needs to get over their bullshit and do it. That's all it takes. Launch a new volume of Young Avengers, ask the creative team if they could include a new trans hero for it. Boom, done. Easy. No need for it to be a big thing, it doesn't need to be some sort of transition-focused story - in fact, it shouldn't be, leave that to trans writers if they want to tell those specific stories - just a hero who is openly trans, and it's no big deal.

But, nope, Marvel wants to "do it right," whatever that means. (Does it actually mean anything?)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    But, nope, Marvel wants to "do it right," whatever that means. (Does it actually mean anything?)
    It means they'll pretend to give half a damn in interviews while actively working to erase any hint of non-het content from their films.

I'm quite disappointed to hear that Dumbledore's sexuality will not come up in the upcoming films, I didn't know that. I'm quite surprised, because it seemed like such an important and relatable plot point considering what happens. My interest in the prequel films has now become non-existent again. :/

We should be getting May solicits today so let's hope there's a home or two for LGBT characters!

We are talking about a department that make new female characters shine by completely leaving the older ones in shadow and end up neutralizing their so called progress and then procede to ask credit for it.

One step forward, one step back. No real change. Just the illusion.

So it's not really surprising they aren't doing any real progress on LGBT represantation either.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    So it's not really surprising they aren't doing any real progress on LGBT represantation either.
    Yeah, I really doubt we'll see LGBT representation in this relaunch of Marvel (there is no LGBT in the promo image).

I also believe we'll barely see female representation.