View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 806 of 1130 FirstFirst ... 306706756796802803804805806807808809810816856906 ... LastLast
Results 12,076 to 12,090 of 16944
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Let's be real here people at this point Marvel Comics mostly focuses on characters from the MCU, most of the characters in that promotional image are either in the movies or the Netflix shows. Which is why the absence of representation in the movies and lack of it on the tv shows is so depressing; representation in the movies would be way more meaningful and would also increase the amount of representation in the comics too.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Comics seems not to know who is supposed to be the source anymore.
    And this feels like parasite actions really.

BANNED

D-Man is in the upcoming Lockjaw series.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post

His interactions with his lover in that issue of Spencer's Cap run were really cute. Also kind of hilarious in hindsight since back in the 80s, Nomad almost beat D-Man's ass because he thought Dennis was making a move on his girlfriend.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Good to see there is a mention of his significant other there. I hope we actually get to see them together throughout the mini-series.

The Week In Gay!

Generation X #87. Oh man, it was so good. Ben/Nate smooching, Roxy/Cessily hand-holding, minor Anole cameo. Also, Jubilee and Chamber are a cuter couple than I ever would've figured, and Trevor and Lin are cute. This book had an awful lot of cute. Oh, and Quentin joking asks about why Ben was never interested in him. I wouldn't mind if another writer had Quentin come out as bi, if they write him more like Strain's take than Aaron's. Anyway, this was Marvel's gayest book, and it was really fun and I'm going to miss it a lot. I guess this leaves Runaways as their gayest book, just by default.

Astonishing X-Men has Rogue, Psylocke and Gambit all present, but their sexuality isn't particularly relevant to the plot. Though Mystique and Logan aren't sure if their threats to each other also count as flirting, which is a pretty good indicator of their general relationship.

Avengers has Lightning, Toni, and Hercules all present. Again, the nature of the story means romance isn't really a thing here.

Tales of Suspense has Bucky and Clint flirting, probably, I'm not actually reading it so I'm just assuming they flirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I never read anything about him but I just love that we have a gay superhero called D-Man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    The Week In Gay!

Generation X #87. Oh man, it was so good. Ben/Nate smooching, Roxy/Cessily hand-holding, minor Anole cameo. Also, Jubilee and Chamber are a cuter couple than I ever would've figured, and Trevor and Lin are cute. This book had an awful lot of cute. Oh, and Quentin joking asks about why Ben was never interested in him. I wouldn't mind if another writer had Quentin come out as bi, if they write him more like Strain's take than Aaron's. Anyway, this was Marvel's gayest book, and it was really fun and I'm going to miss it a lot. I guess this leaves Runaways as their gayest book, just by default.
    In terms of gay story content, yeah, I think it would have to be RUNAWAYS now (or at least, it will be after the final issue of ICEMAN hits the stands). In terms of sheer number of LGBT characters, AVENGERS technically gets the title right now with Lightning, Toni, Enigma, Hercules, possibly Nadia, etc.

Avengers has Lightning, Toni, and Hercules all present. Again, the nature of the story means romance isn't really a thing here.
    It also had a brief but impressive glimpse of Sunspot's abs when he powers-down and we see that his current costume apparently does not include a shirt.

Tales of Suspense has Bucky and Clint flirting, probably, I'm not actually reading it so I'm just assuming they flirt.
    "Flirting" would be overstating it, but one could see some subtext in their bickering. lol

Also out this week...

Loki made an appearance in the INFINITY COUNTDOWN: PRIME one-shot.

BLACK PANTHER ANNUAL #1 had an appearance by Taku in a story written by Don McGregor, who wrote Taku as gay back in his classic BP stories but was unable to be explicit about it back then due to Comics Code restrictions. Taku's sexuality does not come up here, but it was still nice to see him again--hopefully he'll eventually turn up again in the current BP run, which has already proven gay-friendly with the Midnight Angels.

And not from Marvel, but the latest issue of EMPOWERED & SISTAH SPOOKY'S HIGH SCHOOL HELL also came out this past week.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I never read anything about him but I just love that we have a gay superhero called D-Man.
    My father used to call me "D-Man" when I was a kid, I didn't really care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    He has a very long and sad history. Or stinky history.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    He has a very long and sad history. Or stinky history.

My favourite part of that is that Namor later joined the X-Men. "Never choosy," indeed.

#Relatable

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

HAHAHAHA I LIVE for those comic strips.

Anyway, the wave of announcements for Marvel Comics in June has started, so who's hoping for an LGBTQ-led title? I know we're hoping for that pretty much every month, but June is Pride Month, so it feels more convenient. We got Iceman #1 last June which feels like it was probably deliberate, so I'd love if Marvel started a trend for a new LGBTQ-led title every June.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    HAHAHAHA I LIVE for those comic strips.

Anyway, the wave of announcements for Marvel Comics in June has started, so who's hoping for an LGBTQ-led title? I know we're hoping for that pretty much every month, but June is Pride Month, so it feels more convenient. We got Iceman #1 last June which feels like it was probably deliberate, so I'd love if Marvel started a trend for a new LGBTQ-led title every June.
    I'm such a downer right now, I don't expect anything... But hopefully you're right.