View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 81 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485911311815811081 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 16975
    Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I would so buy a Scarlet Witch ongoing where she gets some time with Vision (or whoever her boyfriend is nowadays), her daddy, brother, sister, Wiccan and Hulkling, and Speed. Although her relations with Magneto might be a little awkward after Axis...

I can just picture them all round the dinner table together.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'll settle for some cameos in the Ant Man book at this point. haha.
    It might be possible, given Scott's/Ant-Man's history with not only the YA, but also some cameos from the Future Foundation (provided the FF might be seen again following what will happened after the ending of the F4 current Series).

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    I would so buy a Scarlet Witch ongoing where she gets some time with Vision (or whoever her boyfriend is nowadays), her daddy, brother, sister, Wiccan and Hulkling, and Speed. Although her relations with Magneto might be a little awkward after Axis...

I can just picture them all round the dinner table together.
    Yes! Not to derail things further but YES! I would loooove to read about Wanda interacting with her family and/or those most closely affiliated to her (Viz, the twins, MagDaddy, Scott Summers, Polaris, Brother P, Luna, Crystal, etc etc) and even those who harbor resentments and seeing them gradually alter

k thanks.
    Resume non-heterosexual-character-discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    Anyone else a bit disappointed by the lack of LGBT+ characters in any NYCC announcements?
    I am quite pleased Daken is being picked up after his revival on Uncanny Avengers. Doubt his sexuality will be touched upon anytime soon considering the nature of "Wolverines", but at least he is being used

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yes! Not to derail things further but YES! I would loooove to read about Wanda interacting with her family and/or those most closely affiliated to her (Viz, the twins, MagDaddy, Scott Summers, Polaris, Brother P, Luna, Crystal, etc etc) and even those who harbor resentments and seeing them gradually alter

k thanks.
    Resume non-heterosexual-character-discussion
    I suggested that a few pages back, but wanted a Wiccan solo that happened to feature him interacting with his mum, uncle, granddad, cousins...

Talking of cousins, what do the Inhumans think about LGBT rights? Has that ever come up? That would be interesting to see. Ahura Boltagon goes on a rant about how disgusting it is, only for human lie detector Luna to call him on being a closet case. How would Blackbolt and Medusa then deal with their heir being gay?

That's a great story right there. Marvel should hire me.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I suggested that a few pages back, but wanted a Wiccan solo that happened to feature him interacting with his mum, uncle, granddad, cousins...

Talking of cousins, what do the Inhumans think about LGBT rights? Has that ever come up? That would be interesting to see. Ahura Boltagon goes on a rant about how disgusting it is, only for human lie detector Luna to call him on being a closet case. How would Blackbolt and Medusa then deal with their heir being gay?

That's a great story right there. Marvel should hire me.
    Question is, is it better for the focal character to be Scarlet Witch or Wiccan? If it has Wiccan in a relatively big role it will attract YA/LGBT fans anyway, and with her as the lead it would also draw in Uncanny Avengers fans AND people who have just seen Age of Ultron. Hell, I wouldn't be all too surprised if we did get a Wanda-centric book next year, given they've announed Ant-Man. Same goes for Vision, really. Not too sure if Quicksilver could support his own book, though; the 90s attempt didn't last too long.

Obviously the strength in a Wiccan solo would be having a) a book which appeals to YA fan and teenagers generally b) an LGBT ongoing! With a gay relationship! c) Marvel can get it's 'university life' book to counter the absence of late 60s/70s Spider-Man and the fact Batgirl doesn't exist in this universe d) I don't care how the dynamics work, I would literally make out with that book. Use it to pick up guys. Bring it out a dusty old copy for my hypothetical wedding. Send a copy to everyone I know e) greater representation of sorcerers is always a great thing. But if Ms. Marvel sells well, Wiccan could too.

Then again, Marvel's current model seems to be "why not try both?"

Of course, they could always give us a "third story arc of Hawkeye" (I think it's technically the fifth but anyway) and do an alternating book, call it Scarlet Witches, and see how it sells. Featuring Wiccan not crossdressing as his mum, and not technically being a witch either.

We need to see some more Strange/Wiccan team-ups. We had one in Bendis' New Avengers but that's it for the most natural pairing, especially when it's been hinted strongly that his future lies as the future's Doctor Strange (I think this was in Battle of the Atom; although the other projected future is equally appealing, I think in The End, where we see a female protege in the role.) It would actually be neat to see Wiccan visiting Strange for lessons, only for Strange to end up being like "you're 18 and you're better than when I started in my 30s. By the hairy hoggarths! Here I am #foreveralone with only a servant for company and here you are with your stable boyfriend superhero who you go around punching people with." *Doctor Strange cries*

Other hypothetical team-ups:
    Hulkling gives Kamala Khan the boy talk
    Hulkling hangs out with Captain Marvel. In space?
    Steve Rogers calls Miss America in after she accidentally punches a dimensional hole in Avengers Mansion

A/B/R: that's more what I was getting at. I wasn't trying to sidline the discussion by bringing up Wanda, but did so to emphasize all of the missed opportuinty to use Billy and Teddy in the larger Marvel universe.

Tommy and Billy should have been regular guests in Uncanny Avengers and Avengers AI. There's just no reason why they would not be. Of all the plots Wanda and Vision could be embroiled in, interacting with thier returned children is literally the most important. The entire Marvel Universe was wounded because of Wanda's acts to restore them...but the positive side of those events has never played out in anything but YA.

These boys should be recurring characters in X-men and Avengers titles, doing great things. Thier presence and place in the Marvel Universe should be the counter ballance to Wanda's foolishness.

Wanda herself is too stubborn and ashamed to truly seek atonement (and we like her that way, to be honest), but her sons should be such a force of good in the Marvel Universe that people realize that bringing them back was the right thing for her to do.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Question is, is it better for the focal character to be Scarlet Witch or Wiccan? If it has Wiccan in a relatively big role it will attract YA/LGBT fans anyway, and with her as the lead it would also draw in Uncanny Avengers fans AND people who have just seen Age of Ultron. Hell, I wouldn't be all too surprised if we did get a Wanda-centric book next year, given they've announed Ant-Man. Same goes for Vision, really. Not too sure if Quicksilver could support his own book, though; the 90s attempt didn't last too long.

Obviously the strength in a Wiccan solo would be having a) a book which appeals to YA fan and teenagers generally b) an LGBT ongoing! With a gay relationship! c) Marvel can get it's 'university life' book to counter the absence of late 60s/70s Spider-Man and the fact Batgirl doesn't exist in this universe d) I don't care how the dynamics work, I would literally make out with that book. Use it to pick up guys. Bring it out a dusty old copy for my hypothetical wedding. Send a copy to everyone I know e) greater representation of sorcerers is always a great thing. But if Ms. Marvel sells well, Wiccan could too.

Then again, Marvel's current model seems to be "why not try both?"

Of course, they could always give us a "third story arc of Hawkeye" (I think it's technically the fifth but anyway) and do an alternating book, call it Scarlet Witches, and see how it sells. Featuring Wiccan not crossdressing as his mum, and not technically being a witch either.

We need to see some more Strange/Wiccan team-ups. We had one in Bendis' New Avengers but that's it for the most natural pairing, especially when it's been hinted strongly that his future lies as the future's Doctor Strange (I think this was in Battle of the Atom; although the other projected future is equally appealing, I think in The End, where we see a female protege in the role.) It would actually be neat to see Wiccan visiting Strange for lessons, only for Strange to end up being like "you're 18 and you're better than when I started in my 30s. By the hairy hoggarths! Here I am #foreveralone with only a servant for company and here you are with your stable boyfriend superhero who you go around punching people with." *Doctor Strange cries*

Other hypothetical team-ups:
    Hulkling gives Kamala Khan the boy talk
    Hulkling hangs out with Captain Marvel. In space?
    Steve Rogers calls Miss America in after she accidentally punches a dimensional hole in Avengers Mansion
    TBH, I just wanted an LGBT on going. Wiccan seems the most logical choice, even if not the most likely, as a Wanda solo is more likely (I also expect/hope/wish to see her and Vision get back together soon depending on how that's treated in the movie).

I love the idea of Hulking and Captain Marvel in space, but only so he can slap her for stealing his legacy name and leaving him with the ever stupid Hulkling. I also want him and Billy to meet Phylla and Moondragon....and for Genis is to return so all the Mar-Vell kids can have a get together. I think Genis is bi as well (I think he was shown to be in a relationship with a transgender character in his solo title by PAD at one point.....or I could be imagining things), so a Mar-Vell family team book would also work well as an LGBT book.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Agreed about Wiccan making sense for a LGBT ongoing.

Earth-616 Wolverine isn't a LGBT character as far as I know, but I was looking for X-Men as Disney Princesses and vice versa, and came across a few images.. you can find more if you google Wolverine princess Disney, lol.

He's finally dying tomorrow, right? And with him dies so much slash fic... However will the internet survive?? ;P

http://www.taringa.net/posts/noticia...-de-X-Men.html

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

That image has so many 6-packs I CAN'T COPE.

Not strictly Marvel, but Bleeding Cool has posted an interesting summary of the trans representation panel from NYCC:
    Trans characters in comics, for the most part, have been used as plot devices. Panelists referenced characters cross dressing in costumes for comedic devices. There is a slightly misogynist tone to it as well, given that in most cases men disguise themselves as women in order to seem weak, and women costume themselves as men to seem intimidating. This degrades gender change as some sort of caper.

It has often been associated with disguise and deception, usually being accompanied by a malevolent intent.

The real truth of it is that the “disguise” for transgender individuals is being cisgender (meaning you identify with the gender you’ve been assigned at birth).
    All of the characters referenced in the panel? They're DC/Vertigo characters.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Not strictly Marvel, but Bleeding Cool has posted an interesting summary of the trans representation panel from NYCC:

The women dressing up as men to seem intimidating part got me thinking about Echo as Ronin...

Thankfully, in her case, I think she was doing it just 'cos she didn't give a f*ck what people thought -- it's a suit, what's the big deal?, but that didn't stop many fans' reactions to it being negative about it in a way that seemed misogynistic to me.

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

After last weeks South Park I just cant take the term cisgender seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    After last weeks South Park I just cant take the term cisgender seriously.
    That whole episode is a perfect example of why I don't accept that term.
    People (tumblr crowd mostly) have practicaly made it an insult. Whenever someone calls someone cisgender online it always carries a hugely negative conotation.
    So while I'm not transgender, neither do I accept the term cisgender as a descriptor for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    That whole episode is a perfect example of why I don't accept that term.
    People (tumblr crowd mostly) have practicaly made it an insult. Whenever someone calls someone cisgender online it always carries a hugely negative conotation.
    So while I'm not transgender, neither do I accept the term cisgender as a descriptor for myself.
    Oh, to hell with the "Tumblr crowd." It's not a negative or insulting term. There are legitimate criticisms of the term "cisgender," but "some people online are stupid" is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    The women dressing up as men to seem intimidating part got me thinking about Echo as Ronin...

Thankfully, in her case, I think she was doing it just 'cos she didn't give a f*ck what people thought -- it's a suit, what's the big deal?, but that didn't stop many fans' reactions to it being negative about it in a way that seemed misogynistic to me.

I didn't have a problem with the Ronin case; I've not really seen Echo used anywhere other than New Avengers anyway. That said the original intent was to use Daredevil, I believe, so it was slightly jarring with the character's physique being very male. I mean sure, she could bind her breasts, but I'm pretty sure her calve muscles aren't don't stick out that much, and the structure of the female body is still noticeably different to the male's even when you forget about breasts/genitalia. So if the art had made her female form slightly more obvious, but still keeping the gender appearing male, that would have sat a little bit better.