View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 819 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 319719769809815816817818819820821822823829869919 ... LastLast
Results 12,271 to 12,285 of 16974
    Twink from Young Avengers Assgardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    What a time to be alive.
    I scream laughed.
    WICCANFROSTPRYDEWOLVERINEICEMANHELLIONGWENHAWKEYEMSMARVEL
    "Disappointed, Ms. Frost?" "Astonished, Ms. Pryde."
    #MutantAndProud #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I guess Rictor just randomly thought of some magic people. But I'd like if he was. Wanda did that on her solo, I always thought it would be cool if he was there as her sidekick.
    That was my take away as well.
    He was just rattling off magic users.
    It was FUNNY.

What a time to be alive.
    SLAIN.

The Dora Milaje are getting a limited series with the two lesbian members, Ayo and Aneka, featured prominently. I believe this is our first LGBT-led Fresh Start announcement, no?
    Last edited by Holt; 03-16-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Wonderful news! And the Dora milaje are a perfect choice for a series! And you couldn't get a better writer than nnedi!

Can't wait to read it

Astonishing Member

The Dora Milaje are getting a limited series with the two lesbian members, Ayo and Aneka, featured prominently.
    I am excited by this (I think it is the first time that comic-book Okoye will have appeared since the end of Priest's run). I do wonder how well they will be able to interact with these other Marvel heroes though--in the comics, the Dora Milaje were not supposed to speak to anyone other than T'Challa and other Dora Milaje.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt
    I believe this is our first LGBT-led Fresh Start announcement, no?
    Yes...unless you stretch and count MULTIPLE MAN, due to Jamie's gay dupes. But we currently don't have any reason to believe that aspect of his character will be touched on in the book (although Rosenberg has proven LGBT-inclusive in other projects, so you never know).

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I am excited by this (I think it is the first time that comic-book Okoye will have appeared since the end of Priest's run). I do wonder how well they will be able to interact with these other Marvel heroes though--in the comics, the Dora Milaje were not supposed to speak to anyone other than T'Challa and other Dora Milaje.

Yes...unless you stretch and count MULTIPLE MAN, due to Jamie's gay dupes. But we currently don't have any reason to believe that aspect of his character will be touched on in the book (although Rosenberg has proven LGBT-inclusive in other projects, so you never know).
    I think they got rid of the no talking rule after Priests run.

And Dora's interacting with Spider-Man potentially could be a lot of fun. He might be the perfect character to play off of their no nonsense mentality.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The Dora Milaje are getting a limited series with the two lesbian members, Ayo and Aneka, featured prominently. I believe this is our first LGBT-led Fresh Start announcement, no?
    Not crazy about Spider-Man being thrown in there, but I guess they felt they needed something new since the other spin-offs with ''Black Panther'' on the title underpeformed. Either way, at least we're getting Okoye back in the comics and Ayo and Aneka along for the ride. That makes me glad.

As for Fresh Start, the first LGBTQ-led announcement was technically the new Deadpool series, but you know how it goes with Deadpool: we hope for the best, but always expect the same old same. Let's see what Skottie Young does, but if we're in for another disappointment, I sure hope we're getting more, 'cause it's kind of drepressing if a MCU synergy 3-issue mini that doesn't even have the queer characters' names on the title and has to cash in on Spider-Man is the best Marvel has to offer to us right now.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-17-2018 at 12:21 AM.

At least some people enjoyed America's book

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...rvels-america/

I personally couldn't make it past the first issue.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    At least some people enjoyed America's book

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...rvels-america/

I personally couldn't make it past the first issue.
    Someone from the 4Chan boards sent a fake letter to Marvel about America Chavez, which then also got printed - you know, because they maybe get 2-3 letters for that terrible comic.
    Then everyone at 4Chan had a good laugh.

On topic: In which shape, way or form is Loki LGBT? Because he is a blue skinned Forst Giant off-spring?
    And from that list my favorite would probably be Daken, who is bi, right? What I found interesting about him, is that he seems to use sexuality more as a weapon, than pleasure really.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Someone from the 4Chan boards sent a fake letter to Marvel about America Chavez, which then also got printed - you know, because they maybe get 2-3 letters for that terrible comic.
    Then everyone at 4Chan had a good laugh.

On topic: In which shape, way or form is Loki LGBT? Because he is a blue skinned Forst Giant off-spring?
    And from that list my favorite would probably be Daken, who is bi, right? What I found interesting about him, is that he seems to use sexuality more as a weapon, than pleasure really.
    At the end of the last run of Young Avengers, Loki is talking with Prodigy just before midnight on New Years. Loki offers to be Prodigy's New Year kiss, saying that gods aren't limited to the narrow views of sexuality that humans are (or something similar to that. I don't have it in front of me to find the exact words). Prodigy turns him down though.

Also, he's also kind of gender fluid. Becoming female on multiple occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post

At the end of the last run of Young Avengers, Loki is talking with Prodigy just before midnight on New Years. Loki offers to be Prodigy's New Year kiss, saying that gods aren't limited to the narrow views of sexuality that humans are (or something similar to that. I don't have it in front of me to find the exact words). Prodigy turns him down though.

Also, he's also kind of gender fluid. Becoming female on multiple occasions.
    Ah, I see. Thanks.
    And now where you mention it, the Fenris Wolf is Lokis son and Fenris is... well, a wolf. And if I remember correctly Ares, the God of War, had some kind of a horse as a child. His underlings questioned him about that, because in their eyes that was super weird, but he just said, that for gods "it was different".

The Week In Gay!

New Mutants: Dead Souls #1 has Rictor, Karma, and Prodigy. None of them have their sexuality brought up. But they're still pretty great. Karma gets to be The Boss, and is good at it and I liked it. (Also, Illyana's great in it. And should definitely come out as gay at some point.)

Astonishing X-Men #9 has Mystique, Psylocke, and Gambit. No gay content.

Avengers #684 has Lightning, Toni, and Aikku. Toni and Aikku don't get much panel time - nature of the event - but their love is pretty clear.

And I think that might be it. Huh.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Not crazy about Spider-Man being thrown in there, but I guess they felt they needed something new since the other spin-offs with ''Black Panther'' on the title underperformed
    Spider-Man is only for the first issue. The 2nd issue teams the Dora Milaje with the X-Men, and the 3rd with the Avengers. It seems the point is to get the Dora Milaje out from under the shadow of the Panther and interacting with the rest of the MU.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Spider-Man is only for the first issue. The 2nd issue teams the Dora Milaje with the X-Men, and the 3rd with the Avengers. It seems the point is to get the Dora Milaje out from under the shadow of the Panther and interacting with the rest of the MU.
    The website I had read the news on only mentioned Spider-Man, so I thought it was just him. Either way, my point still stands. They are clearly promoting the Dora Milaje alongside big established franchises they know can sell.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The website I had read the news on only mentioned Spider-Man, so I thought it was just him. Either way, my point still stands. They are clearly promoting the Dora Milaje alongside big established franchises they know can sell.
    Yeah, for some reason some websites are only mentioning the Spider-Man issue. Maybe because that is the only one that a cover image has been released for? Weird.

Anyway, yeah, it makes sense for sales reasons. But it also makes sense if they want the Dora Milaje to ever be anything other than just Black Panther supporting characters--they have to get a chance to interact with other characters, away from the Panther.

I'm just waiting to see whether or not Okoye is re-written and re-designed to be more in line with her MCU counterpart, or if she'll be more consistent with her previous comic appearances. They can probably get away with a fair bit of reinterpretation for Okoye, just given how many years its been since she made an on-panel appearance.