View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 82 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586921321825821082 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 16973
    Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Oh, to hell with the "Tumblr crowd." It's not a negative or insulting term. There are legitimate criticisms of the term "cisgender," but "some people online are stupid" is not one of them.
    I don't know which Tumblr crowd Nexus is hanging out with (or not, as the case may be), but most of the people on the site (myself included) are reasonable people who won't make an issue out of nothing. The circles which demean Rick Remender for having Sam Wilson sleep with an underage girl (pfft) are a small part of it. Personally I feel cisgender is a logical term, but the problem existing is the people who know the term are probably LGBT, or at least part of a LGBT support program or something like that. It doesn't really have common usage at all so it will go over a lot of peoples heads. I don't think we need to murder people for not using the term, but some way of making it a little more common would be good. It does however get on my nerves when someone's blog has in the description "cisgender male". Like, thanks, I kind of assumed that already.

Always take what South Park says with a grain of salt, otherwise you'd be bombing Canada and full of Anti-Semitism.

~This is all very tangential but these are my thoughts~

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Question is, is it better for the focal character to be Scarlet Witch or Wiccan? If it has Wiccan in a relatively big role it will attract YA/LGBT fans anyway, and with her as the lead it would also draw in Uncanny Avengers fans AND people who have just seen Age of Ultron. Hell, I wouldn't be all too surprised if we did get a Wanda-centric book next year, given they've announed Ant-Man. Same goes for Vision, really. Not too sure if Quicksilver could support his own book, though; the 90s attempt didn't last too long.

Obviously the strength in a Wiccan solo would be having a) a book which appeals to YA fan and teenagers generally b) an LGBT ongoing! With a gay relationship! c) Marvel can get it's 'university life' book to counter the absence of late 60s/70s Spider-Man and the fact Batgirl doesn't exist in this universe d) I don't care how the dynamics work, I would literally make out with that book. Use it to pick up guys. Bring it out a dusty old copy for my hypothetical wedding. Send a copy to everyone I know e) greater representation of sorcerers is always a great thing. But if Ms. Marvel sells well, Wiccan could too.

Then again, Marvel's current model seems to be "why not try both?"

Of course, they could always give us a "third story arc of Hawkeye" (I think it's technically the fifth but anyway) and do an alternating book, call it Scarlet Witches, and see how it sells. Featuring Wiccan not crossdressing as his mum, and not technically being a witch either.

We need to see some more Strange/Wiccan team-ups. We had one in Bendis' New Avengers but that's it for the most natural pairing, especially when it's been hinted strongly that his future lies as the future's Doctor Strange (I think this was in Battle of the Atom; although the other projected future is equally appealing, I think in The End, where we see a female protege in the role.) It would actually be neat to see Wiccan visiting Strange for lessons, only for Strange to end up being like "you're 18 and you're better than when I started in my 30s. By the hairy hoggarths! Here I am #foreveralone with only a servant for company and here you are with your stable boyfriend superhero who you go around punching people with." *Doctor Strange cries*

Other hypothetical team-ups:
    Hulkling gives Kamala Khan the boy talk
    Hulkling hangs out with Captain Marvel. In space?
    Steve Rogers calls Miss America in after she accidentally punches a dimensional hole in Avengers Mansion
    Hell yes. This sounds tremendous.
    They could explore his juggling college(?) and super heroics with further exploring and mastering his considerably expansive powers --seeking guidance from a plethora of magically inclined authorities such as Strange, Magik, Wanda, Shaman, Asgardians, etc. They could delve into all the complex relationships he has with his "foster family" and his progression with Wanda, Vision, Pietro, Magneto, and navigating it all alongside his brother Tommy.
    And then of course there is the very unique relationship with America Chavez yet to be examined --speaking of which, what's to become of America's home world now that the Multiverse is in danger of collapsing or whatever? I digress.

Naturally Teddy would be prominently featured -- preferably in a way that doesn't further encourage misdiagnosing him as "just the boyfriend". Teddy is too rich and vibrant of a character to fall victim to such pigeon holing. Aww nuts. NOW this is all I want in life. Marvel Please?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    A/B/R: that's more what I was getting at. I wasn't trying to sidline the discussion by bringing up Wanda, but did so to emphasize all of the missed opportuinty to use Billy and Teddy in the larger Marvel universe.

Tommy and Billy should have been regular guests in Uncanny Avengers and Avengers AI. There's just no reason why they would not be. Of all the plots Wanda and Vision could be embroiled in, interacting with thier returned children is literally the most important. The entire Marvel Universe was wounded because of Wanda's acts to restore them...but the positive side of those events has never played out in anything but YA.

These boys should be recurring characters in X-men and Avengers titles, doing great things. Thier presence and place in the Marvel Universe should be the counter ballance to Wanda's foolishness.

Wanda herself is too stubborn and ashamed to truly seek atonement (and we like her that way, to be honest), but her sons should be such a force of good in the Marvel Universe that people realize that bringing them back was the right thing for her to do.
    Yes. Yes. Yes. Their connection to both franchises by way of Wanda really affords them such a tremendous well of potential just waiting to be tapped.

Wiccan becomes the first person to pass the 40 votes mark!!! He is so clearly the most popular LGBT character, can his inevitable solo series with his mum, solving crimes, be far behind?

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Ding dong the Canadian Troll is gone!!! That said... this is still hot!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Oh, to hell with the "Tumblr crowd." It's not a negative or insulting term. There are legitimate criticisms of the term "cisgender," but "some people online are stupid" is not one of them.
    I much prefer the term trans than cisgender; but why anyone gets upset over which definition is used is just silly.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 10-15-2014 at 07:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Naturally Teddy would be prominently featured -- preferably in a way that doesn't further encourage misdiagnosing him as "just the boyfriend". Teddy is too rich and vibrant of a character to fall victim to such pigeon holing. Aww nuts. NOW this is all I want in life. Marvel Please?!?!
    Well, Fokken.......until then, let's hope that this Month's HULK #9 will satisfy your wanting of seeing Teddy again, since he makes an appearance there.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Well, Fokken.......until then, let's hope that this Month's HULK #9 will satisfy your wanting of seeing Teddy again, since he makes an appearance there.
    Squeal!!! Details! Was Wiccan there too?

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I've been avoiding Gerry Duggan's Hulk because the idea of 'Doc Green' sounds repetetive and dull but

I AM GONNA SMASH THAT BOOK
    UNF
    YES
    THIS IS WHAT I WANT IN LIFE

Is this the only YA cameo we've had lately?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Squeal!!! Details! Was Wiccan there too?
    No Wiccan, and spoilers:
    Doc Green and Hulking just simply having tea, with Doc Green making sure that Teddy wasn't a Gamma creation (indirectly) before leaving to deal with Skaar
    end of spoilers

Is this the only YA cameo we've had lately?
    As far as this month goes......Yes (since their previous appearances within the ORIGINAL SINS Miniseries).

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I don't know which Tumblr crowd Nexus is hanging out with (or not, as the case may be), but most of the people on the site (myself included) are reasonable people who won't make an issue out of nothing. The circles which demean Rick Remender for having Sam Wilson sleep with an underage girl (pfft) are a small part of it. Personally I feel cisgender is a logical term, but the problem existing is the people who know the term are probably LGBT, or at least part of a LGBT support program or something like that. It doesn't really have common usage at all so it will go over a lot of peoples heads. I don't think we need to murder people for not using the term, but some way of making it a little more common would be good. It does however get on my nerves when someone's blog has in the description "cisgender male". Like, thanks, I kind of assumed that already.

Always take what South Park says with a grain of salt, otherwise you'd be bombing Canada and full of Anti-Semitism.

~This is all very tangential but these are my thoughts~
    Oh of course I take SP with salt, chocolate salt-y balls to be exact.

I think, for me, I just dont see the point. Surely the point of being transgender is to reidentify with the gender you feel is the one you want to be. So, a man who wants to be a woman, wants to be a her, a she, a female. They don't want to be a trans-woman, they just want to be a woman. By highlighting the difference between trans and non-trans by giving non-trans a specific name, you surely create a situation where the trans person will never ever be able to really be a woman, because they will never be a cys-gen-woman?

Sorry, totally derailing the thread, back on topic, glad to see Teddy in Hulk, but it's a shame Doc Green couldn't point out 'your name sucks, change it, you aren't a hulk!'
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Oh of course I take SP with salt, chocolate salt-y balls to be exact.

I think, for me, I just dont see the point. Surely the point of being transgender is to reidentify with the gender you feel is the one you want to be. So, a man who wants to be a woman, wants to be a her, a she, a female. They don't want to be a trans-woman, they just want to be a woman. By highlighting the difference between trans and non-trans by giving non-trans a specific name, you surely create a situation where the trans person will never ever be able to really be a woman, because they will never be a cys-gen-woman?

Sorry, totally derailing the thread, back on topic, glad to see Teddy in Hulk, but it's a shame Doc Green couldn't point out 'your name sucks, change it, you aren't a hulk!'
    Yeah but that wouldn't be PC of Doc Green for not respecting Teddy's transspecies if he told him he couldn't be a hulk just because Doc Green is a cisspecies, lol.

Hulkling was in his original costume. Not the one from Gillen's run. Thank god

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    No Wiccan, and spoilers:
    Doc Green and Hulking just simply having tea, with Doc Green making sure that Teddy wasn't a Gamma creation (indirectly) before leaving to deal with Skaar
    end of spoilers
    Cheers, thanks for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    To be fair NEITHER costume is that good. Teddy is the only one in desperate need of a make-over. I see him rocking some iron breastplate, and sweet ass knee pads. Hulkling Age of X style!

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Ugh, that kind of thing annoys me so much. It would take an artist two seconds to do a Google image search.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

The redesign is tremendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    Ugh, that kind of thing annoys me so much. It would take an artist two seconds to do a Google image search.
    Agreed.

I like the scale pattern, but the bottom half needs more. Maybe cool gauntlets or utility belt?

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I like the scale pattern, but the bottom half needs more. Maybe cool gauntlets or utility belt?
    It's just Hawkeye's current costume with an extra line. Green and purple is a terrible combination.