View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 826 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 326726776816822823824825826827828829830836876926 ... LastLast
Results 12,376 to 12,390 of 16972

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Shatterstar didn't say or do anything at brunch. He was just there for a few pages while everyone else talked, and then he was left behind and not mentioned for the rest of the issue.

And Karma didn't show up in the issue even though she's supposedly the Xavier of this group, she didn't get to do anything and probably won't until the very end of the mini when Magik will inevitably save the day. Yay white feminism.
    Lol Yay!! Is right....

Why is there not much excitement for new Valkyrie in the New Exiles....coming out TODAY??
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Lol Yay!! Is right....

Why is there not much excitement for new Valkyrie in the New Exiles....coming out TODAY??
    To be fair, she dose not actually appear in #1... but yeah, I am really looking forward to her comic debut!

Astonishing Member

A question for the FF fans out there....

Anyone remember Yvette Diamonde, aka Martyr? She was a French college student who was an anti-technology protestor in Paris who was transformed into a superhuman in FF vol.3 #1 when a group of alien villains called The Ruined started possessing people and reconfiguring part of Paris to be their foothold on Earth. The FF stopped them, but Yvette kept her powers. She reappeared briefly during Claremont's FF run when the Ruined returned. Apart from a brief cameo in Kirkman's FF FOES miniseries, that's the last she's been seen.

Anyway, I keep seeing her listed on various websites as being an LGBT character. But I can't find anything in FF vol.3 #1 or #20 that suggests that....unless they are jumping to conclusions over her getting offended at Johnny Storm calling her "babe"?

Does anyone know if there's something I'm overlooking that establishes her as lesbian or bi or something? Or did someone get her confused with the other Martyr, Phyla Vell, and list her as LGBT because of Phyla...and then all these other websites just followed along with that original mistake rather than doing their own research?

OK, The Week In Gay.

Avengers #688 has Toni and Lightning. They do things that are relevant to the plot.

X-Men Blue #25 has a back-up where Iceman is present.

Squirrel Girl #31 has Koi Boi present.

And in terms of confirmed LGTBQ+ characters, I think that's about it. Viv is in Champions #19 (and I've seen at least a couple people shipping her and Riri), but it's thus far unconfirmed if she's gay or not. Gabby is in X-Men Red #3, but she hasn't actually come out yet. Valkyrie didn't appear in the first issue of Exiles, so that book had no gay characters (but it was still a great read, I definitely enjoyed it, it's worth picking up).

On Squirrel Girl #31, though: Am I the only one who got a distinct romantic vibe from Doreen and Nancy? Just certain panels, their body language came across more as a romantic couple than a pair of friends. Might just be me, might not be something that was intended by North or Henderson. But just look at this, for example:

37outfit (2).jpg

Am I crazy? The way they're holding hands. And there's a couple panels near the end, when they're old ladies, that are similar. Either way, though, omigosh this was a good issue. I'm not gonna lie, I teared up. So beautiful. The fact that Doreen and Nancy spent a lifetime together, and their love for each other - whether platonic or romantic - never faltered, it's so sweet. Just a beautiful issue.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    The Week In Gay.

Runaways #8, of course, with Karolina/Julie.

X-Men Gold #25 has Iceman present, but is also a shitty, shitty comic.

Avengers #687 has Toni, Aikku and Lightning, all present. Lightning gets a pep talk from Wonder Man.

Astonishing X-Men #10 has Mystique and Psylocke in it. Mystique sasses "X," Psylocke is the boss.

New Mutants: Dead Souls #2 has Rictor and Shatterstar at brunch (with Rahne and Boom-Boom), and also hints that the story's got something big coming up involving Karma. I am very, very excited.

And I think that's it.
    Why do you keep buying Gold if you hate it so much?

I dropped it a while ago because it was going nowhere. Here’s hoping the X-Men get a Fresh Start.

Astonishing Member

OK, The Week In Gay.

Avengers #688 has Toni and Lightning. They do things that are relevant to the plot.

X-Men Blue #25 has a back-up where Iceman is present.

Squirrel Girl #31 has Koi Boi present.

And in terms of confirmed LGTBQ+ characters, I think that's about it.
    D-Man has at least a cameo in VENOMIZED #2. The story takes place before he lost his powers, so he was still active as a hero. (the editor's note says the story takes place before the "Death Of Thor" arc--but it presumably has to take place a lot earlier than that since Rage is also seen with D-Man, and Rage was killed off shortly before "Secret Empire").

Quote Originally Posted by Garbledarber View Post
    Why do you keep buying Gold if you hate it so much?

I dropped it a while ago because it was going nowhere. Here’s hoping the X-Men get a Fresh Start.
    I'm not buying Gold. I get a digital code from someone else.

Jim Zub was asked on Twitter if he'd be following up on Viv not being straight. His response: It's one of several subplots I'm looking at addressing, yes.

So we'll see where it goes. I'm already disappointed at him continuing the bullshit of Viv deactivating her emotions, which I still think is a complete misunderstanding of her character and her arc from the Vision solo. So I don't exactly have the highest hopes for how her sexuality will be handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    D-Man has at least a cameo in VENOMIZED #2. The story takes place before he lost his powers, so he was still active as a hero. (the editor's note says the story takes place before the "Death Of Thor" arc--but it presumably has to take place a lot earlier than that since Rage is also seen with D-Man, and Rage was killed off shortly before "Secret Empire").
    Rage wasn't killed off, he was in a coma. And Venomized takes place far after Secret Empire.

Incredible Member

Looking back, I can't help but wonder if D Man had some sort of a gay crush on Steve.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąяĄ Tycon View Post
    Rage wasn't killed off, he was in a coma. And Venomized takes place far after Secret Empire.
    Thanks for the clarification - I misremembered that. Although, in my defense, it was said that he was only still alive due to the machines he was connected to keeping him alive artificially and that he was considered brain dead.

But maybe Rage has some previously unknown healing factor that eventually kicked in...or someone else in the superhero community found a high tech or magic cure for him, or something? In any case, I am pleased to see him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Looking back, I can't help but wonder if D Man had some sort of a gay crush on Steve.
    It wouldn't surprise me. Heck, Dennis managed to get Steve naked within the first five minutes of them meeting each other (he invited Cap into the showers with him while he told Cap his origin story). I don't necessarily think he was secretly in love with him or anything, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if D-Man was at least attracted to him.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Jim Zub was asked on Twitter if he'd be following up on Viv not being straight. His response: It's one of several subplots I'm looking at addressing, yes.

So we'll see where it goes. I'm already disappointed at him continuing the bullshit of Viv deactivating her emotions, which I still think is a complete misunderstanding of her character and her arc from the Vision solo. So I don't exactly have the highest hopes for how her sexuality will be handled.
    It was about time. I agree Viv has been heavily mistreated on Champions, so here's hoping things will improve for her.

Astonishing Member

Now that Nadia has been added to the cast, I wonder if he will also follow up on the ambiguous hint about her also not being straight, from back in UNSTOPPABLE WASP #2.

Not going to spoil, but Lightning has a pretty awesome moment in Avengers #689.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Now that Nadia has been added to the cast, I wonder if he will also follow up on the ambiguous hint about her also not being straight, from back in UNSTOPPABLE WASP #2.
    If you're talking about the panel where she says boys are gross I wouldn't describe that as ambiguous.